• 11-08-2007, 05:22 AM
    DeadCell
    Anyone familiar with London?
    I'm going to be traveling to London in early December to attend the Ahmet Ergetun Tribute Concert, a.k.a. the Led Zeppelin reunion show. I've never been to London before, so I'm pretty excited. I think I'll stay a few extra days to see some of the sights. With that said, I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone here can help me with.

1) The concert is being held at the O2 arena. What part of London is that in? Would the nearby hotels be expensive?

2) Are there any parts of London where I do not want to be walking by myself at night?

3) I hear that hostels are the way to go if you want to keep expenses down. Where are the cheap, but safe hostels located?

4) How is the public transportation around there? I figure cabs will be expensive, but what about buses/subways?

5) I'm looking to time my stay so that I'm there over the weekend in order to hit up some of the nightlife. Are there any excellent pubs/clubs that you'd recommend?
  • 11-08-2007, 05:28 AM
    Scott
    1, The 02 Arena is located on the Greenwich Peninsula in south-east London. I'm not too sure about hotels in that area.

2, I wouldn't go to Brixton alone at night.

3, Not sure about hostels. Travel Lodge is probably the cheapest hotel you will find.

4, The underground is a fair price and is well connected.

5, Never been for a night out in London so I wouldn't know.

Some websites you might find useful:

The 02 Arena

The London Underground

Travel Lodge
  • 11-08-2007, 05:43 AM
    Mr Cool
    So where is this lon....don?
  • 11-08-2007, 05:43 AM
    Scott
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Cool View Post
    So where is this lon....don?

It's in Europe lol
  • 11-08-2007, 05:44 AM
    Mr Cool
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    It's in Europe lol

What's a Europe? Is that somewhere in the panhandle?

» Site Navigation

» Home
» FAQ

User Name:

Password:

» Sponsors