Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default [RUMOR] Gears of War 3 set for 2011

What we heard: Someone at Xbox Live is getting fired. At least, that appears to be the case if a leaked screen that has surfaced on the blog All Games Beta is legitimate.

Whoops?
    Image credit: AGB
    Yesterday, the self-described "11th-hour delay" pushed Epic Games design director Cliff Bleszinski's mystery game announcement on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon until Monday, April 12. The title in question had widely been assumed to be Gears of War 3--so assumed, in fact, that Edge magazine has already posted leaked details about the title.

However, it looks like a staffer at Xbox Live didn't get the memo. AGB is displaying a screen, which it claims appeared on the online service last night. "Gears of War 3 announced," trumpets the image on the Xbox Live menu bar, "the epic story concludes April 2011." Currently, the image is no longer visible.

The official story: "We have made no official announcements, but please stay tuned."--Microsoft rep.

Bogus or not bogus?: Probably not bogus. Sure, the image could be easily faked, but plans about a third installment in the series have been around for years. As far back as November 2006, Microsoft has been making references to a "Gears of War Trilogy."

Reportedly leaked details say Gears of War 3 will feature mechs, undersea levels.
    Also, Edge reported back in March that Microsoft plans to release Gears of War in April 2011. The company apparently pushed the game out of 2010 so it wouldn't divert consumer dollars from the fall launch of Project Natal, the Xbox 360's camera-based motion-sensing system.

However, the first quarter of 2011 is when Electronic Arts will publish a still-untitled shooter from Epic Games' Polish studio People Can Fly, maker of the Painkiller games. Releasing Gears of War 3 during that quarter would pit one Epic game against another--something the cash-flush North Carolinian studio and Unreal Engine 3-maker wouldn't tolerate.

Last but not least, not making Gears of War 3 would be economic folly for Microsoft. The first two games have been massive hits, with Gears of War 2 topping 5 million units sold worldwide and the original selling over 3.2 million copies in the US alone.

There's also the matter of ancillary revenue from Gears of War novels, comic books, and a film adaptation, although the latter has apparently run into production issues of late. To quote Danny DeVito in the David Mamet film Heist, "Everyone needs money. That's why they call it 'money.'"

[UPDATE] Following the publication of this report, numerous GameSpot users have reported seeing the same announcement on Xbox Live this morning. So, not bogus!

Kinda shocked it wouldn't hit this fall but another Halo is coming isn't it? So they probably want to spread out a lil bit

In an interview by IGN with Joshua Ortega (Gears of War 2's writer), Ortega responded to a question regarding a Gears of War prequel dealing with Emergence Day saying, "You will not be disappointed in the next ten years; it's a ten-year plan. Gears is long-term. The Lancer is the new Lightsaber." Epic Games showcased a tech demo for Gears of War 3 at the Game Developers Conference.
    The Lancer is the new Lightsaber, I'm drooling over that statement right there!

And your absolutely right about the spreading... Numerous interviews say that when a title like Gears or Halo come out they want that to be the only game releasing that month so they can make super profits. I mean Dead Rising 2 is already done but they can't do **** with it until the new Halo gets let out.

hadn't heard this, nice one jak .. might be worth keeping an eye on i guess

I love this series!
    its awesome!

made by Th3-Devils-Princess
    Joe Mauer is the best catcher

Woops woops, i have finish the gears of war only lol but not the gears of war 2. i'm still on my way finishing the game.
    oh well, now gears of war 3 will come out by 2011.
    I will surely buy it.

I have the Xbox 360 newsletter, and yesterday I recieved an email. I followed the link from the GOW3 image to this:

Jacinto, the last human city, has been destroyed. The Locust Horde has pushed the Stranded remnants of humanity towards the brink of extinction. And a fearsome new enemy has risen, threatening to destroy them both. The story of Marcus Fenix and Delta Squad comes to an explosive conclusion in Gears of War 3, arriving exclusively on Xbox 360 in April 2011. Watch the trailer here on gearsofwar.com, or download it from our media page or on your Xbox 360 via the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Check the official announcement below for more details. And get ready—it’s gonna be one hell of a finale.

© 2010 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Not sure if that really confirms this but... Oh well.

Sig by Jango. Find his shop here:

http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=14290

Yeah+ teaser trailer that says Apr 2011

http://www.youtube.com/user/IGNenter...28/n7Te5fcnrUA

cant wait just sux its a year away thanks halo reach u bastard

During last night ‘Late Night with Jimmy Fallon’, Cliff Bleszinski AKA ‘CliffyB’ from Epic Games showed the first trailer for ‘Gears of War 3′ titled ‘Ashes to Ashes’ on the show.

‘Gears of War 3′ is already scheduled for April 11th release exclusively on the Xbox 360.

The trailer is pretty awesome and the title is on the money, you can practically smell cigarette ash when watching this trailer. Okay maybe I exaggerated a little, but it is still a damn good trailer.

First Trailer for Gears of War 3

Isnt Gears of War 3 suppose to have a female character now?

IDK..., i MIGHT buy it

By Jango

Thread Information