Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by BobTD View Post
    I think it makes avoiding friendly fire and covering your fire lanes a little easier
    holy crap yes... this is what I was thinking the whole time I watched the video.

Quote Originally Posted by BobTD View Post
    Some disadvantages to this might include less situational awareness, including when creatures drop in front of your screen to indicate coming from above like in the elevator ride.
    That's the other thought I had... but when I thought of the elevator ride I thought it would work great because you can aim up the ceiling and take them out before they land with you.

Dodging and moving in general would be a whole lot harder in first person... when a bunch of projectiles are moving around the screen there's no way you could avoid them as well in 1st person as you could in 3rd person. Strafing is also hella easier in third person... plant that mouse on a target and just plow right along down the path while your marine expertly keeps his/her target right in the center of their view...

Basically the more I think about it it comes down to 1st person = sharp shooting and 3rd person = situational awareness and sharp moving.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    Interesting. But I think the bird's eye view is what makes the game a bit more unique, otherwise it would become like any other FPS. But I gotta try this out later on and see.
    The top down view is kind of what makes this game unique, so it feels kinda like bastardizing their beautiful concept for making a unique and different game by changing to first person. But I know I wanna try it too ;D I'll probably flip freely between the two for a constantly refreshing perspective XD or maybe you could strategically use different views for different parts of the levels o.o
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Thread Information