PDA

View Full Version : DragonBall: Evolution

Blackbird
01-22-2009, 05:41 PM
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/906/906593/dragonball-20080829112840222_640w.jpg

Trailer of Dragonball Evolution
(http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=50876564)

Dragonball: Evolution

Dragonball, is an upcoming 2009 American live-action film adaptation of the Dragon Ball media franchise being produced by 20th Century Fox.
Release Dates:
Japan: March 13, 2009
United States: April 8, 2009

” The story begins with Goku, who seeks out upon his adoptive grandfather Grandpa Gohan’s dying request to find the great Master Roshi and gather all seven Dragon Balls. Of which he has one, in order to prevent the evil Piccolo from succeeding in his desire to use the Dragon Balls to take over the world. And Goku’s quest is to obtain the mystical Dragonballs before Piccolo does. ”

Other Info:

Budget: $100 million
Directed by James Wong
Produced by Stephen Chow
James Wong
Written by Screenplay:
James Wong
Ben Ramsey

Manga:
Akira Toriyama
Starring Justin Chatwin
James Marsters
Emmy Rossum
Jamie Chung
Joon Park
Eriko Tamura
Randall Duk Kim
Texas Battle
Ernie Hudson
Chow Yun-Fat

rukisuto
01-22-2009, 05:45 PM
I saw the preview for this and I was like 'OH NO'.
Then I started laughing, lol.

LiNuX
01-22-2009, 06:36 PM
i would rather watch a cartoon version of the movie...but I'll probably end up watching this one anyway, big fan!!

$100 million budget...they must be predicting a huge outcome

Blackbird
01-22-2009, 06:42 PM
Haha yeah Linux, this seem like a good movie thought even people from America going to make it, well I doesn't have seen the anime series or movies so don't know how is like. But have read a few Volumes in Manga of Dragon Ball.

LiNuX
01-22-2009, 06:58 PM
I've watched every episode of the dragon ball series, it was on when I was younger so I watched whenever i got the chance. I'd probably still watch if it was still on..

Great Animated Show and I've seen all the animated movies as well. Just this is new lol

Trunks
01-22-2009, 07:32 PM
meh, sounds like it will be bad. live action animes ( if you can even call DB an anime) normally turn out bad.

jakncoke
01-22-2009, 08:20 PM
100 million budget, lmao. This has flop written all over it. Anyone know what the Avatar budget is going to be, I suspect Cameron is going to have it 100+ million as well

Blackbird
01-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Well I'm still going to watch it thought even it's going to become bad :D

LemonRising
01-25-2009, 11:58 AM
i wont pay to watch it, but i might just watch anyways so i can laugh and laugh and laugh and remember the good old days.

Super Saiyan Damien!
04-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Ugh! I LOVE the series. I've also watched almost every episode but this movie looks horrible. I mean when did Goku ever look so Jonas Brother? I will still probably watch it because I'm a huge fan

LiNuX
04-07-2009, 09:19 PM
this comes out in 3 days and users on IMDB already gave it a 3.1/10 lol

Dragonball Evolution (2009) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1098327/)

Exodyus
04-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Essentially, I'll call the FailMarket... I'm gunna set up a bidding Poll for this.

I'm willing to bet that it doesn't get the respect, dignity, or viewers simply because of how they changed the storyline from the anime to the big screen to suck in viewers with idiotic graphics and useless junk. Why put a storyline to something that doesn't have one to start with?

Family man - alien life to the planet, super powerful. Baddies come to take him back. Other baddies come to battle him for his strength. He gets stronger. Has kids. They're stronger. He pwns b;tches. End of story?

Trunks
04-07-2009, 10:12 PM
The movie got leaked, I've already watched the English dubbed version almost a month ago. It's okay, kind of corny actually lol. It's more of a drama story than action if you ask me though. I won't be seeing it again, that's for sure.

Exodyus
04-07-2009, 11:40 PM
The movie got leaked, I've already watched the English dubbed version almost a month ago. It's okay, kind of corny actually lol. It's more of a drama story than action if you ask me though. I won't be seeing it again, that's for sure.

Poor excuse for a person...

I just lost a lot of the respect for you that you've earned in the past few weeks with me.

Super Saiyan Damien!
04-08-2009, 01:04 PM
I just watched the trailer again and geez I mean if Dragon Ball was never created this would be a decent movie but they couldve made such a good cg movie! I dont no what they would do for the story line but they could make something up.