PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen Deathrace?

CookieMonster
01-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Was wondering if anyone has seen Deathrace, I bought it on PPV a couple hours ago and just got done with it. I was actually pretty impressed, I thought it was a really good. What did everyone else think?

LiNuX
01-25-2009, 09:12 PM
I saw it, thought it was average, great action, and I love movies with a lot of speed - happy ending :D but I think the story could have been better. It was alright, but missed something. I think it would have been better made as a mini series where you would get in a lot more races and a lot more booms :D

jakncoke
01-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Great movie, need to get it on dvd. seen it BR today for 30 and was like dang I wish I had a HDTV

CookieMonster
01-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Yah it would have made a great mini series, and did lack story behind all the racing and killing, of course the killing and racing did make up for the lack of story, lol. anyways def a movie i will buy.

jakncoke
01-25-2009, 10:32 PM
If they would have tried to push a story they would have failed hard and made the movie suck.

LemonRising
01-29-2009, 04:19 AM
It was an eyecandy movie, not much substance -shrugs- decent though, I enjoyed it <:

rukisuto
01-29-2009, 05:22 PM
If they would have tried to push a story they would have failed hard and made the movie suck.

That's what I think.
It was all about the action and I TOTALLY LOVED IT!

I got to watch it all on Blueray and HD TV, so yummy :]
Did I mention I love Jason Statham? haha.

Nash666
01-29-2009, 05:33 PM
i think the ending could have been better, but other than that, it was awesome all the way!!

rukisuto
01-29-2009, 06:50 PM
i think the ending could have been better, but other than that, it was awesome all the way!!

Editing like where?
I'm just curious, lol.

LiNuX
01-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Editing like where?
I'm just curious, lol.

think you read wrong, he said ending could have been better, not editing :radar:

rukisuto
01-29-2009, 08:00 PM
think you read wrong, he said ending could have been better, not editing :radar:

lol.
My eyeballs are really going crazy today.
I was wondering how he could know editing could have been better, haha.

jakncoke
01-29-2009, 08:19 PM

Really? Cause them shooting the walls out with rockets and pulling a bait and switch to get Jason out is pretty top notch imo

LiNuX
01-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Really? Cause them shooting the walls out with rockets and pulling a bait and switch to get Jason out is pretty top notch imo

and using the warden's bomb to kill the warden was cool too

I liked the ending..I just wanted to see more blowing up and a better story..but I can't elaborate on the story part lol..just think it could have been better...some way

jakncoke
01-29-2009, 11:05 PM
and using the warden's bomb to kill the warden was cool too

I liked the ending..I just wanted to see more blowing up and a better story..but I can't elaborate on the story part lol..just think it could have been better...some way

that too. as for 2nd bold, well no movie is perfect always could have been better in multiple spots

Nash666
01-30-2009, 10:58 PM
well, i thought the part after they got out and moved somewhere, was pretty weak. i was hoping Jason would marry the convict girl in the end, but other than that, the CLIMAX, which is them escaping, was awesome, couldn't agree with linux more

LemonRising
01-31-2009, 10:13 AM
That was more like an epilogue than anything, which are usually pretty boring but just take a small peer into the future after the story is done.
Yeah I liked the ending <:

Honestly now that I think about it.. I rather enjoyed this movie and think I might purchase it laterr.

rukisuto
01-31-2009, 10:42 AM
well, i thought the part after they got out and moved somewhere, was pretty weak. i was hoping Jason would marry the convict girl in the end, but other than that, the CLIMAX, which is them escaping, was awesome, couldn't agree with linux more

Him and the convict girl were together though, lol.

CookieMonster
01-31-2009, 01:04 PM
Him and the convict girl were together though, lol.

yah when she finds him in the end was a good ending. i have already bought the movie sense sieng it on pay per view. I honestly see some truth in the depiction of the future in this movie to. I could easily see them doing some kind of reality shows inside of the prisons.