PDA

View Full Version : Predator remake coming

jakncoke
01-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Fox is prepping a Predator reboot, with Robert "Grindhouse" Rodriguez in the mix. But can a new version possibly capture the original's commando-squad awesomeness? We have our doubts.

Bloody Disgusting spilled the beans that 20th Century Fox is in the process of rebooting the Predator, with genre lover Robert Rodriguez leading that way. No word if he's directing or producing, but he's involved in so much at this point, I assume his involvement would be as a producer.

[...]

The leaked plot of the reboot sounds pretty close to the original, except that there may be more than one Predator in this movie, which seems wrong because we all know the point of the original Predator is man versus alien, not man versus tons of aliens. But anyways, here's the plot:

In the reboot a team of commandoes face down a mysterious race of vicious monsters.

Robert Rodriguez Spearheads Predator Reboot: But Can It Be Done? (http://io9.com/5142141/robert-rodriguez-spearheads-predator-reboot-but-can-it-be-done)

Gahhh total fail on the movie industry part

LemonRising
01-29-2009, 09:24 PM
How sad. How very very sad. >:

Trunks
01-30-2009, 06:05 PM
I thought the first movie was pretty dumb to be honest. I never really liked any of the Predator movies.

rukisuto
01-30-2009, 06:23 PM
I totally loved the predator and alien movies.
Why remake? D:

jakncoke
01-30-2009, 06:37 PM
I thought the first movie was pretty dumb to be honest. I never really liked any of the Predator movies.

your weird........

Exodyus
03-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Why remake? D:

Well, I would personally love to see a remake of the original - or even an original, but that wouldn't make any sense to make an original.
It doesn't go along with the Predator code.

So a remake is the only way I foresee them coming back unless they pull a sweet cross over like Bale's Batman vs Predator like the comics. <3

I wish they'd make a remake of Superman like they did the Hulk. What an epic fail the Superman movie was...

LuckyStrike
03-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Why remake? D:

Because some people will even pay to see how they've changed it just so they can complain, others might actually like to see an updated version of an older movie they loved and some people may have never seen the original predator and decide to see the new one on the big screen. As long as there's money to be made in it they'll remake anything.

I am a fan of rodriguez so if it turns out he's directing I might go see this one.

LemonRising
03-03-2009, 09:48 PM
So a remake is the only way I foresee them coming back unless they pull a sweet cross over like Bale's Batman vs Predator like the comics. <3

I wish they'd make a remake of Superman like they did the Hulk. What an epic fail the Superman movie was...

They've already done a crossover so now they're left with remaking. >: MILK IT MILK IT haha

And the first hulk remake (2000...and 4? 5? i don't remember when it came out) was REALLY BAD and I wanted to cry from shame after I saw it.
Still haven't seen the new remake but it ties with Iron Man and all that so I'm gonna see it soon.

EpsilonX
03-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Hmm. Multiple predators? Shame shame on you.

Exodyus
03-11-2009, 07:17 PM
They've already done a crossover so now they're left with remaking. >: MILK IT MILK IT haha

And the first hulk remake (2000...and 4? 5? i don't remember when it came out) was REALLY BAD and I wanted to cry from shame after I saw it.
Still haven't seen the new remake but it ties with Iron Man and all that so I'm gonna see it soon.

Well, see - the Predator Code simply is to big game hunt all that they can. They find worth adversaries, worthy species to conquer and then stack the odds against themselves and GOGOGO!

So - Predator = Good movie, tons of killing.

Predator 2 = Killed (Other than it was a bad movie)

Predator VS Aliens = he didn't kill her because he'd already killed the humans and didin't find her a threat.

Predator VS Aliens: Requiem = It had to happen because of the Alien spawning inside the Pred. D:

SO - they could make a Predator VS Batman, like the comics or do several cross overs, but I doubt they'll taint the industry like they do the books.

AND - the new Hulk is frakkin' awesome and if you haven't seen it, then you're just not a true, real, gamer / fan / comic fan / movie buff / AMERICAN... O_O! Lolol.

It's good. I'd say on par with Iron Man definitely - but I hated the end of Iron Man, so badly ended. Just thrown together.

archkyle
03-11-2009, 08:10 PM
dear god, stop remaking everything! hollywood has become so stail and thoughtless all they can seem to do is pop out crappy remakes of movies that either dont need a remake or werent popular/very good. there are a few exceptions that i can think of... batman... uh... well thats about it... but i didnt even like batman begins all that much.... now if game devs started remaking old classic like contra and ff series without messing with the story or gameplay too much thats something i want to see!

LemonRising
03-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Well, see - the Predator Code simply is to big game hunt all that they can. They find worth adversaries, worthy species to conquer and then stack the odds against themselves and GOGOGO!

So - Predator = Good movie, tons of killing.

Predator 2 = Killed (Other than it was a bad movie)

Predator VS Aliens = he didn't kill her because he'd already killed the humans and didin't find her a threat.

Predator VS Aliens: Requiem = It had to happen because of the Alien spawning inside the Pred. D:

SO - they could make a Predator VS Batman, like the comics or do several cross overs, but I doubt they'll taint the industry like they do the books.

AND - the new Hulk is frakkin' awesome and if you haven't seen it, then you're just not a true, real, gamer / fan / comic fan / movie buff / AMERICAN... O_O! Lolol.

It's good. I'd say on par with Iron Man definitely - but I hated the end of Iron Man, so badly ended. Just thrown together.

Well sorry sir if I found the previous Hulk to be lacking and did not find the spirit to be a good 'american' and go see it >:U
I will see it, but I just don't have the spirit. Seriously, the previous one was HORRIBLE. It killed everything Hulk for me. I am quite allowed to be slow to go and watch it, tyvm sir.

And I'd like to see Predator vs. Ghost Rider. Can you imagine?

Ghost Rider: Points at Predator, "YOU".

I actually really liked AVP2, it was nice and gorey and the hybrid thing was really great. Like ultimate prey.
I would honestly like to see more 'Predator vs. ________" movies, instead of a remake. Though I guess they're just riding the current remake wave.

jakncoke
03-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Ghost Rider needs to stay away from the movies forever

LemonRising
03-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Ghost Rider needs to stay away from the movies forever

Yeah basically.
And Nicholas Cage.
Terrible, terrible.

jakncoke
03-14-2009, 12:13 AM
I like Nickolaus Cage though, I think I'm in like the minority 3% that doesn't hate him yet.

EpsilonX
03-20-2009, 11:29 AM
the only remakes i thought were decent were the halloween and F13th ones. Halloween was a great movie in my opinion, and the friday the 13th remake had the most interesting characters in the whole series (ik, it's sad isn't it) and the most dangerous jason yet. there was too much weed in the movie for me though

Exodyus
03-20-2009, 05:26 PM
the only remakes i thought were decent were the halloween and F13th ones. Halloween was a great movie in my opinion, and the friday the 13th remake had the most interesting characters in the whole series (ik, it's sad isn't it) and the most dangerous jason yet. there was too much weed in the movie for me though

- jots: Note to self: Never take movie advice - ever, from Epsilon. Pokes the sheet, stabbingly for a period and walks out of this stale thread. -

Riku-Nara
03-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Darn.
I'm not looking forward to this.

jakncoke
03-21-2009, 07:59 AM
- jots: Note to self: Never take movie advice - ever, from Epsilon. Pokes the sheet, stabbingly for a period and walks out of this stale thread. -

:laugh: for real.