PDA

View Full Version : Lmfao @ Cascadia

Exodyus
03-31-2009, 05:58 PM
Apparently, Oregon, Washington, and a huge chunk of western Canada have become a wanna-be independent republic!

Cascadia!

The Republic of Cascadia (http://zapatopi.net/cascadia/)

jakncoke
04-10-2009, 01:13 AM
seen this awhile ago, may have even done a thread on it. Sure go ahead and claim independence..try and survive when we don't trade any good with ya'll and you have to be self dependent, will be on they're knees crying to come back to being normal

LiNuX
04-10-2009, 01:48 AM
http://zapatopi.net/cascadia/casflagbg.gif

seriously? lol...good fun in that - it's a pretty old site too.

Trunks
04-10-2009, 10:33 AM
http://zapatopi.net/cascadia/casflagbg.gif

seriously? lol...good fun in that - it's a pretty old site too.

That's a cute flag, colors blend so well with each other.

Flab-Ender
04-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Hmmmmmm, didn't someting like this happen a while ago. I think it had something to do wit texas and it's own republic. I didn't work either. But this should give us something to laugh at for a while. Watch them struggle!

jakncoke
04-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Hmmmmmm, didn't someting like this happen a while ago. I think it had something to do wit texas and it's own republic. I didn't work either. But this should give us something to laugh at for a while. Watch them struggle!

IIRC it's happened quite a bit over history of sections of the country threatening to break off from the union but none have ever followed through and probably won't

Flab-Ender
04-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Oh ya, and dosnt every one remeber the cival war? That didnt work out either.

LiNuX
04-10-2009, 04:21 PM
IIRC it's happened quite a bit over history of sections of the country threatening to break off from the union but none have ever followed through and probably won't

people in alaska are doing it now...doubt anything will happen - what these don't people get is that if they break off, they'll die really quickly cuz neither canada nor the US will support a seceded state.

iShikamaru
04-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Hmm... Interesting. If it thrives, I'd almost bet someone takes it over before the 20th year. People are greedy.

Jaykub
04-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Oh ya, and dosnt every one remeber the cival war? That didnt work out either.

so your saying you want slaves?

Kitey
04-27-2009, 10:03 PM
people in alaska are doing it now...doubt anything will happen - what these don't people get is that if they break off, they'll die really quickly cuz neither canada nor the US will support a seceded state.

/signed
If you want proof, look no further than the Caribbean. Or Africa. lol.

Before anyone starts in with the "brown people governing themselves lol" argument, the British Empire financially backed all of its subject states. When it yanked the rug out from under most of them in the 1960's/70's/80's, they became politically and financially unstable at the same time.

If Alaska wins a secession from the US government, it will be financially stranded. I am wondering whether Canada would end up taking it.

stanj028
12-21-2009, 12:32 PM
That's a cute flag, colors blend so well with each other.

agreed, omg it gets bigger?