PDA

View Full Version : [Exodian Review] Movies!

Exodyus
04-07-2009, 11:52 PM
I figured that I'm a very opinionated person and that I watch an outstanding amount of movies and as long as I can 'Okay' it with the boss man, that I'll continue - regardless of double posting because none of this is going to be spam.

I pride myself on attention to details, a love for the film, and the point that I'll watch anything once. Cheesy or Chick-Flick, Macho Action or Romance - I just love movies. I have ... hundreds of movies and I watch few movies over and over again because of factors and ideas, parts and things that inspire me.

One of my biggest pet peeves is someone who wont see a movie based on critics words and friend's advice. So they're a friend - what says you don't like the movie, but feel like you should remain cool with them in their eyes?
I watch tons of movies and if people don't agree with me, that's fine by me - they have an opinion as well, but they'd better express it in a manner that details why they don't.

"I don't like a movie because it's too romantic and mushy." Okay... but Why? How? What was it about which scene that buried the movie for you?

I also don't like movie spoilers or leaks like this Wolverine Origins one. I despise it. Detest it. People worked hard so the movie could hit the box office and give it a fighting chance ... even though these flaming liberals will destroy the movie in reviews in papers and media...
I just don't think it's fair and I think it should be punished to the fullest extent. Mle... anyways.

I'll try to keep this portion updated to the movie reviews that will be below.

I will also be taking requests.
If you'd like me to watch a movie and review it, I'd be happy to. We can discuss it as well!

These will be rated out of 5.
Rated on my terms.
If you don't like my review, click back on your browser.

Exodyus
04-08-2009, 12:33 AM
Movies reviewed!

Check the Title of the Post for the Movie Title.
Red Markers indicate "Awesome! This is a must see!"
Neutral color indicates that it wasn't great or horrible. You're probably safe, all around ... lol.
Blue Markers indicate "OMFG! Do NOT See this! You'll kill yourself afterwards!"
** Is one of my Favorites.

Angels & Demons
Be Kind, Rewind
BedTime Stories
Conan the Barbarian
Dracula 2000
DragonQuest
Drive
Echelon Conspiracy
Ghost of Girlfriends Past
Green Lantern
Immortals
InkHeart
Iron Man
**Limitless
P.S. I Love You
Public Enemy
Real Steel
Role Models
Step Brothers
Season of the Witch
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
**Star Trek [2009]
Surrogates
Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny
Terminator: Salvation [2009]
The Darkest Hour
The Gamers
The Happening
The Incredible Hulk [2008]
The King's Speech
Thick as Thieves
Transformers (II) - Revenge of the Fallen
**Tristan & Isolde
Twilight
UP
X-Men: Origins
Yes Man

Exodyus
04-08-2009, 12:40 AM
This was the first film that Marvel REALLY impressed me with. They stepped up to bat, pushed the stupid Daredevil and Elektra films aside and really cracked a Damn Home Run. Clean out of the movie stadium.

Robert Downey Jr. does a fantastic job. Wonderful. His suave personality to his feelings of remorse and guilt, and how he loves to thrive in the center of attention - a Box Office smash.

The movie is stunning. The graphics aren't too childish, but not sickly-manipulated and over done. The story and progression is intense the entire way - the build up, the shockers, and the suit! The beloved SUIT!

Good Lord, this is a great movie... and then - the end? Eesh.... I'm not a fan of the finish. The package was so INCREDIBLY wrapped up and finished, written to a perfect climax - a legendary apex of a film, to hastily finish the end? They pushed it out the door too quickly, it felt to me ... Left me with a sense of wanting more, but they made the beginning so good, it turned the end into somewhat of a let-down when he just crashed through the roof and that was that... no epic pwnage, no great revival... it seemed like the movie ended too abruptly.

Then again... maybe it was my wanton desire for more Iron Man. For more epic Marvel work - that couldn't be quenched by ending the film.

4.5 / 5 Drunken Womanizers!

Absolutely Worth Seeing!

Exodyus
04-08-2009, 12:50 AM
First and foremost, I must admit my undeniable man-crush for Gerard Butler (Phantom of the Opera, 300, Beowulf, Nim's Island)... He's such a phenomenal actor and great man, that it's hard not to be a great admirer and hold a grand amount of respect for his talent and works.

So. The movie starts off rather randomly and turns you into a wicked twist for the better-or-worse, til' death does them part. And then it continues by a humorous story of adventure, love, passion, and the assist of rebirth into humanity.

It's sad, but funny. Happy, yet depressing at times. Most of all - the thing that I think really gets a lot of people involved with a film is the intense relationship you gain throughout the film because you actually commit and understand each of the pawns in the game.
You know how that feels or how it would feel and you relate - thus drawing you in. Emotions drive movies, whether they be good or bad...

This movie is a solid 4.5 / 5 Love Letters.

Worth seeing!

Exodyus
04-08-2009, 12:56 AM
I'm a fan of James Franco's work. He's young, but his ability and passion - the expression in his face allows him to be so realistic that he works the roles perfectly - harnessing the true power of the character and again, drawing you into the story with the unrefined feeling of significant emotion.

This is a medieval version of Romeo and Juliet with a bend-up twist of death, life, epic battles, great arena fighting, and some intense action and storyline. It's not necessarily something to watch for humor, but it appeals to the need...

The need to ... feel like you could be more, do more, feel more ... powerful, better, stronger? When you watch the film and finish, it fills your head with ideas of CAN and SHOULD - a sense of Duty and Respect that don't exist anymore in this world. A respect that shouldn't have ever died out. Honor. Loyalty.
This is one of my favorites. <3

This gains Jeff's 4/5 Gold Crowns!

Worth seeing!

Exodyus
04-08-2009, 01:02 AM
Jeff Alert!

Now, I've seen a lot of movies. A LOT. And Mos Def and Jack Black aren't exactly OMG Great actors in my mind or I wouldn't consider them in my top 10 for amazing workers of cinema...

However, this is the ONLY movie; ONLY. MOVIE. In my entire collection to EVER receive a 5/5 rating. I can always find something wrong with a movie, different stupid little things that will cause me to lower my ratings of them, but this movie ... it has everything.

The elements of this movie are anything from sorrow, to being true to who you are and what you stand for, to hysterical, outlandish behavior, to the totally unexpected.

It's great for families, it's great to watch alone!

It's ... passion. An outstanding movie and no one could ever convince me otherwise. From start to finish, it's just a ... modern masterpiece from my time.

This received a 5/5 Alien Foil Antennas!

Definitely Worth Seeing!

Exodyus
04-08-2009, 01:05 AM
BedTime Stories was an excellent movie for anyone who still has dreams, feels down-trodden a lot, and wants to expect more from society than can be granted.

It's not your typical Adam Sandler movie, however many of his friends he's taking care of by giving funny roles to. Find them all!

It's meaningful. It's fun! Great story and moral and it doesn't leave you feeling bored at all through the movie. I was laughing at a lot of the scenes and the variations he takes and thinks of - the catastrophes that his character falls into, the blunders and savvy times - it's just all around a good movie for anyone!

I give it a 3.8 / 5 Gum Balls!

Worth seeing!

Knibbler
04-08-2009, 02:07 AM
Awesome reviews Ex. I'll definately be keeping an eye out for the rest!
Would you be able to review a movie called 'DragonQuest'?

jakncoke
04-09-2009, 02:01 AM
Be Kind Rewind was retarded imo
Iron Man was awesome

keep the reviews coming

Exodyus
04-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Awesome reviews Ex. I'll definately be keeping an eye out for the rest!

I'll get on the prowl. See what I can find this evening.

Be Kind Rewind was retarded imo
Iron Man was awesome
keep the reviews coming

Opinions are what they are - and thanks, will do.

Exodyus
04-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Again, with my insatiable man-crush for Gerard Butler spills out into a very interesting Dracula movie. This film is sadly, not his best - though he does probably play the best actor on this big screen feature.

The back story is what got me intrigued the most in this film. They way they portray the story of how Dracula came to be is much more fascinating and interesting than most of the back stories I've heard before.
Genetic Flaws, Pacts with the Devil, yadda yadda - this is the first to actually follow something of interest for me - Religion.

However, it's a little long and drawn out - some slow part and some nudity, so it's not "recommended" for anyone under 17, but who hasn't seen tits.

I give the movie a 2.2/5 Gorey Fang Bites.

Ehh... if you have nothing else to see at the video store...
Or you're looking for an interesting Dracula tale...

Exodyus
04-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Now, I must say this. Jim Carrey hasn't come out with a good movie since Liar, Liar. His recent streak of films had gotten so lame, that I think one of the Baldwin brothers might have had a shot at his title...
However, thankfully - Carrey has turned my faith for the better with this film and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes to laugh, loves a good movie, and enjoys outlandish, weird comedy.

Jim does a good job in this film in keeping up with life. Giving us new ideas and different insight to what the social norm is. Everyone wishes they could say YES all the time like this film, but the truth ends with the lack of cash to pull off half the crap done in this movie, Lol.

I'd give this a 4/5 Obscure Bank Loans!

Worth seeing!

Exodyus
04-09-2009, 06:31 PM

Mark Atkins is better known for the movie Beast Master. An epic much like Conan the Barbarian and the old-school, epics in the 80's to 90's. Krull, Willow, these sorts...

However, this movie was pretty damn awful. The storyline was extremely cheesy and WAY over done. Young boy saving the world. Omg. Again? The graphics were the only thing to rival the terri-bad of this movie. Flickers of hash, pathetically CGI'd dragons, and lame "powers" graphics.

I mean even the music was fail epic, where it always supersedes events and gets really randomly retarded in "special" parts.

If you've ever seen LARP (Live-Action Role Play), in true action - kids in a field with foam swords, you've seen better action, screenplay, and over-all excitement than you'll ever find in this movie

I give this movie a whopping 0.5 / 5 Stones of Virtue!
And this movie gave me a whopping headache!

Recommendations:
- Don't see this.
- Watch George and the Dragon instead.
- Watch Dungeons & Dragons instead.

Sorry, Knibs. Lol. Terribad choice.

LiNuX
04-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Now, I must say this. Jim Carrey hasn't come out with a good movie since Liar, Liar. His recent streak of films had gotten so lame, that I think one of the Baldwin brothers might have had a shot at his title...
However, thankfully - Carrey has turned my faith for the better with this film and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes to laugh, loves a good movie, and enjoys outlandish, weird comedy.

Jim does a good job in this film in keeping up with life. Giving us new ideas and different insight to what the social norm is. Everyone wishes they could say YES all the time like this film, but the truth ends with the lack of cash to pull off half the crap done in this movie, Lol.

I'd give this a 4/5 Obscure Bank Loans!

Liar Liar and the Mask are my two favs of Jim Carrey, along with Bruce Almighty - I have yet to see "yes man" but I probably will sooner or later.

good reviews here, read through most of them just now :)

Exodyus
04-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Liar Liar and the Mask are my two favs of Jim Carrey, along with Bruce Almighty - I have yet to see "yes man" but I probably will sooner or later.

good reviews here, read through most of them just now :)

Thanks, Big Boss. n_n

You wont be disappointed by Yes Man, trust.

LiNuX
04-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Thanks, Big Boss. n_n

You wont be disappointed by Yes Man, trust.

I'll see it probably on dvd or something. not on my list of must see for movies out in theater right now. well not high on the list, I still want to see it.

Exodyus
04-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Mle. Once again, Brenden Fraiser turns what might have been a good movie, into a poorly comedic stance - chalked full of over-romanticized scenes, he's-macho-punching, and failsauce acting.

The best part of the film was Paul Bettany (Dustfinger, Jeffrey Chaucer in Knight's Tale). He's a phenomenal actor and should be cast in far better roles and films. His character was awesome and very catchy - "as he was written", but more-so believable than the rest of the fodder presented in the film.

It's an interesting fable and not very bad, per say - just drawn out and boring in some areas, not to mention it's Brenden Fraiser. Who can take him serious at all?

All in all, I suppose I'll give this movie 2.1 / 5 DragonsBreaths!

It's worth renting ... once.

LiNuX
04-10-2009, 01:53 AM
i saw inkheart....doubt I'll see it again - Dustfinger was definitely the best character in there.

Knibbler
04-10-2009, 02:08 AM
Mark Atkins is better known for the movie Beast Master. An epic much like Conan the Barbarian and the old-school, epics in the 80's to 90's. Krull, Willow, these sorts...

However, this movie was pretty damn awful. The storyline was extremely cheesy and WAY over done. Young boy saving the world. Omg. Again? The graphics were the only thing to rival the terri-bad of this movie. Flickers of hash, pathetically CGI'd dragons, and lame "powers" graphics.

I mean even the music was fail epic, where it always supersedes events and gets really randomly retarded in "special" parts.

If you've ever seen LARP (Live-Action Role Play), in true action - kids in a field with foam swords, you've seen better action, screenplay, and over-all excitement than you'll ever find in this movie

I give this movie a whopping 0.5 / 5 Stones of Virtue!
And this movie gave me a whopping headache!

Recommendations:
- Don't see this.
- Watch George and the Dragon instead.
- Watch Dungeons & Dragons instead.

Sorry, Knibs. Lol. Terribad choice.

lol Thank you and I apologise for putting you through that <3
saves me downloading this one though so I thank you again.

Exodyus
04-10-2009, 01:32 PM
lol Thank you and I apologise for putting you through that <3
saves me downloading this one though so I thank you again.

If you're drunk - it might make it better. It was so bad, I was MST3King it during my FIRST watching of it.

Pretty sure they're wont be a second. Lol. ;)
It's alright, bro.

DL: Beast Master - Much better Mark Atkins film. ;)

Exodyus
04-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Uhm... I'm not really sure what to say about this film, in all honesty. None of the actors were really worth mentioning because there weren't any really good ones. Whoever the Camille chick was - she was a fox, however I think it's stupid that she was the only real ... memorable and 'front-woman' actor in the movie who got shot and her ass kicked, even though she kicked a lot of ass too.

No one else really took damage? Minus the moron who got ROFLPWNED in the middle of the intersection. Dumbass...

All in All, the movie wasn't very suspenseful or exciting. No cliffhangers and it was obvious that before the movie was a quarter of the way through, you knew then end result.

By the way, Screaming LEARN, COMM'ON LEARN! at a computer monitor does not cause your A.I. to work at all - or faster. Sorry.

If you've seen Eagle Eye - don't bother seeing this film then. It's way better than this.

I give this movie a 2 / 5 OMG-IMPREGNABLE COMPUTER SYSTEMS!!

See it once, if you just HAVE to.

Exodyus
04-13-2009, 02:10 PM
S P O I L E R S

I decided to review this simply on the fact that I want to hate on little fan-girls across the Nation and World, for that matter for their retardation, stupidity, and wish-they-had fantasy life mind-sets.

Originally, this book was intended to be adults, or close to it. Then made into a more mature mature movie, however with the desperation for cash and greed, it seems that they target the idiots of the nation: Bulimic, Wanna-be, Young Girls, who fall for anything emo.

The movie concept itself is decent, but that's because the books were slightly addictive, I hear. I read a little bit of the first and grew bored with it. I'm not into lovey-lovey vampire crap. Personally, I think the idea is alright - but the fact that they turn her in the end of the books, makes EVERYTHING in the series pointless and not worth it. You worked so hard to turn immortal. End of the story. Nothing more can be done.

Ultimately, I think for a movie that was expected to do so good because of the books, the graphics were really depressing. Edward's "unfortunate" hair throughout the ENTIRE film was absolutely retarded. Fluffy and airy like 80's Farrah Faucet. Wtf.

Find this part in the movie:

"OMGLOL! He's SO STRONG, I don't think he can be STOPPED!"
(2 Scenes later)
(Epically failsauce vampire fight that last 5 minutes)
(Unbeatable, SO STRONG vampire dies like a b;tch.)

W T F ...

This movie got a 1.5 / 5 Glittering Vampires...

I wouldn't recommend this for a vampire movie, but if you're a fan of the books, you'll see the movie regardless of what I say.

Exodyus
04-13-2009, 10:18 PM
This is the typical movie where two thieves go around stealing something that cant be stolen. The only excellent part of this entire movie is Morgan Freeman - the O.G. himself and original bad-ass of acting. I love this man for his work, it's impeccable and phenomenal - genuine. I think his best work was either Shawshank Redemption or Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves with Kevin Costner - who is now a failed actor, but I think Robin Hood is better.

Continuing on - there's kiddie sex in this movie, with not a lot of visual stimuli in the department and lame-oh Cop vs Thieves, OMG I'm The Bestest Lieutenant EVAR - bleh... Same old story, same crummy actors.

The movie was slightly dull in overall content, which is sad to say because do to my technical and strategic nature, plus logical thinking - I usually dig movies that can pull this genre off - however, The Italian Job was WAY better than this piece of work.

Overall, the movie was done okay - but it wasn't really captivating, but I'll tell you this - there's some impressive plot twists in the film that make you smile like a dumbass at the end - otherwise, it's not really a great flick.

Sorry, Morgan Freeman. D;

By Exodian decree, this movie is dubbed a solid 2 / 5 wooden eggs?

Exodyus
04-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Alright, wow. Wow. Really?
Mark Wahlberg? It's really hard to watch him bounce from role to role and act like the character's closely related brother to the character in the next movie he's in and so on ... his personality, his facial features, everything about him screams "I can only play angry bad-asses!"
References: See Max Payne. See 4 Brothers.

And then this movie comes along and he looks like a baby-faced dufus? Lol. Ohwow... You big silly, Shyamalan!!

So, the big thriller and scary movie turns out to be somewhat happy? People live? I was hoping for another Cloverfield, but it seems that I couldn't get that much suspense worked up over the big surprise of this movie.

Ohbleh.

The movie is interesting and twisted, to say the least. After I've impaled the poor acting picks, it's time to give the film a shred of credit - eh? It's creepy as hell, and if you're all about the masochism - then this movie is for you. Watching someone stab themselves with foreign objects and have it look slightly realistic is pretty damn funny.
Like ramming a CRV into a tree from a dead stop to about 35 mph - launching the front passenger like a frakkin' lawn dart. Awesome!

Quality Programming.

All in all, the movie ended with an odd GO GREEN slogan slapped onto your numb ass from how long the movie was and you leave with a photosynthetic taste in your mouth... mle.

I give this movie a 2.5 / 5 Deathly Winds Approachin'...

Exodyus
04-13-2009, 10:43 PM
First off, as always - mad props to the actors. It's only my way of respect to the truly honorable. Edward Nortan is a genius; his works are always excellent, always believable, and always untouchable in terms of greatness, much like the late Heath Ledger, minus the true finesse that Ledger had. And I must give props to Liv Tyler - for being the angelic spawn of a really ugly, yet famous and amazing singer. She's a goddess and I pray that heaven is filled with women of her caliber. <3

Onto the film! OH! Sh;t!

MAD PROPS to LOU FERRIGNO! Before I forget, this is the man - the myth - the legend. The bad-ass behind the original Hulk series and friend of Arnold Scwarzeneggers. I'm personally glad that Ferrigno got the part of Hulk over Arnold. ;)

Okay, so this is another Marvel masterpiece and I have to say, it's infinitely better than the Hulk from like 2002 - with Eric Bana, I think? Terribad movie. I Lol'd in A LOT of it.

Pray to God the Superman remake is as good as this remake was - should there ever be a remake of Superman. I think there desperately needs to be one since the last movie flopped so badly, it nearly killed the entire Justice League. Lol.

The effects are awesome and the movie doesn't ever really slow down. A constant feeling of on the go and an understanding of how Dr. Banner's life has been since the infection.

The special effects for the Hulk, the physics - everything about the film seemed On Point and for the most part, amazing. When running, they looked fast - fast, not gay-blur like Twilight.

The story was great, the pieces all fit, and the genetic mutation that we dubbed, Tim Roth (the Genetic Beast) - was an excellent piece. All in all, the film couldn't really have gotten much better than what it was already.

I give this a 4.8 / 5 HULK SMASH!

jakncoke
04-13-2009, 10:46 PM
It was enjoyable, I'd probably rate it high 3's if I had to give it a number

Exodyus
04-13-2009, 10:49 PM
It was enjoyable, I'd probably rate it high 3's if I had to give it a number

Uhm... Which movie?

jakncoke
04-13-2009, 10:50 PM
The Incredible Hulk

Exodyus
04-13-2009, 11:07 PM
The Incredible Hulk

Ahh, Gotcha. I thought it was great. ;3 Much better than a 3, I'd say Jakjak.

Exodyus
05-02-2009, 10:46 PM
There are no spoilers.

I also waited unlike some douche-bags who downloaded the rip ... pathetic.

Anyways, /huff.

First of all, I'd like to say that I have a huge man-crush on Hugh Jackman. He's a phenomenal actor in every movie he puts his mind to, and his believability, and his role depth, and just the fact that he worked so hard to perfect the animality of this piece, is just outstanding.

And not only is he a great actor, but he's an awesome guy! His interviews - he's never snippy or tired, always ready to go, for as much work as he puts in. He loves his wife and talks about her constantly. He's not egotistical. A true Role Model -- notice he's not American. ;)

The filming was wonderful and very dark, for a Marvel film. A taste of the Dark Knight was in the air of the masterpiece. The action was so intense, you never realized you were sitting there for two hours until it ended, so subtly. You craved -- fingers curling against the arm rests, eyes glued ... no, transfixed upon the screen as you lived each moment of brutal anger and passionate hurt ... pain.

The way they portray him was excellent; Weapon X. The support characters were awesome too - Gambit, Young Cyclops (as seen from the previews), the White Queen, and a few other mystery characters that I wont ruin it for those who haven't seen yet. You get a warm feed on all your X-Men from this movie - a delicious taste of more to come.

-- Now...

Those who have heard rumors about the screwing up of Deadpool, I was worried as well. Fans will b;tch and complain, and I have my cousin's boyfriend who was one of those tools who didn't want to see the film based on a rumor - and I'm here to say now... Watch the Film.

If you love Deadpool, you wont be disappointed. They took him on an interesting spin - but you wont be sad...

I'm not saying anymore.

I rate this movie a 4.5 / 5 Adamantium Claws Slashes!

PS - EASTER EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stay or you'll REALLY regret it.

Exodyus
05-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Alright, being that I am a Star Wars fan - I was a little excited to see this because my parents watched it, so I grew up understanding more than the average bear. Star Wars and Star Trek were two opposites of Space, the Final Frontier for me - and I like them both equally ...

After seeing I, II, and III for Star Wars - and then seeing this movie, there's no comparison. This movie blows the new 3 Star Wars clean out of the water. No if's, an's, or but's.

Now IV, V, and VI are untouchable. Not remastered. Old school. Untouchable.

This movie followed the main themes of music, character casts, and overall depth. I loved it. It reminded me of the old one in so many ways, and it was still fresh and totally new. Awesome!

"DAMMIT, I'm a DOCTOR! Not a Physicist!"

Lolol...
So the graphics were beautiful and intense. Eric Bana plays one bad-bad mofo bad-guy. Very awesome! Young Spock! Awesome.

And a big fuggin' round of applause for Leonard Nimoy!! <3 <3 <3
I love that guy. He's such a pimp!

The cast was perfect.
The humor was totally evident.
And AWESOME!

And - this is a side note, and sorry to those who will never experience it, but in Kansas City, Missouri - on 14th and Main Street there's a new AMC right there and the SEATS VIBRATE! HA! WOOOA! Amazing. And it's an all new digital theater, so that's awesome too. 24 Frame!

All in all, I'd give this movie a 4.9 / 5 VULCAN NERVE PINCHES!

** Must see!

Iceskater101
05-09-2009, 10:50 PM
I went to see star trek and I agree with you completely maybe not about star wars but i do agree with you its a well cast movie and eric bana does play a good bad guy even though I never watched in episode of star trek I still thought it was good

Exodyus
05-10-2009, 12:18 AM
I went to see star trek and I agree with you completely maybe not about star wars but i do agree with you its a well cast movie and eric bana does play a good bad guy even though I never watched in episode of star trek I still thought it was good

By saying this you've forfeited any chance of me ever believing you about another movie. Kthx.

Iceskater101
05-10-2009, 08:40 PM
By saying this you've forfeited any chance of me ever believing you about another movie. Kthx.

haha
ok
but I stand by my opinion

Exodyus
05-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Talk about hysterical. I'm pretty sure this, other than being a low-budget movie, was also independently done, because of how it's all recorded out, but done very well.

A movie that doesn't take itself seriously at all. It's a movie about Dungeons and Dragons, the Table Top. Pretty much set in a dorm room in some college where five guys are playing out their characters in DnD.
But - as the actions and DMing happen, it jumps to a movie-style action. Lol. Where the guys are PLAYING their characters, Live-Action Role Play (LARP) style. It's fraggin' riotous. So funny.

If you've ever played DnD, get some of the old school references and want some humor for an hour, find a copy of this movie. It's so funny and awesome, that it doesn't really fit into any form of category other than independent filming.

I definitely give this movie a 4.5 / 5 Rolls to Pilfering a Man's Pants off his Unsuspecting Body.

** Should see!

LiNuX
05-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Talk about hysterical. I'm pretty sure this, other than being a low-budget movie, was also independently done, because of how it's all recorded out, but done very well.

A movie that doesn't take itself seriously at all. It's a movie about Dungeons and Dragons, the Table Top. Pretty much set in a dorm room in some college where five guys are playing out their characters in DnD.
But - as the actions and DMing happen, it jumps to a movie-style action. Lol. Where the guys are PLAYING their characters, Live-Action Role Play (LARP) style. It's fraggin' riotous. So funny.

If you've ever played DnD, get some of the old school references and want some humor for an hour, find a copy of this movie. It's so funny and awesome, that it doesn't really fit into any form of category other than independent filming.

I definitely give this movie a 4.5 / 5 Rolls to Pilfering a Man's Pants off his Unsuspecting Body.

** Should see!

i remember that movie - never saw it from start to finish - have seen the whole thing but in parts, not fun - definitely good.

Exodyus
06-01-2009, 04:47 PM

/sigh

I can see now why it was beat out by Night at the Museum: Smithsonian. Granted, the first NatM was awesome, so that's a hard movie to stand up against, but seriously... A good cast, decent acting, bad script = the death of a great idea.

Terminator had so much going for it. So. Much. It was before it's time and it still competed with the idea of time travel, futuristic events, robots, and a paradoxical storyline that boasts excellence.

It's amazing. A father goes back in time to warn a woman and her son, his "love interest" and kid, that an epic machine war will occur and they have to survive and do everything in their power to alter the current history while they can. Brilliant!

And now, this film jumps to the future of it all and ... eesh, why? They should have remained in the past with snipets of the future, but instead it was destined for ultimate end-all fail.

Bale is the same actor as he was, pulling the Batman voice left and right. And his decent acting pushes the story somewhat, but the fact that he's turning into the same roles over and over again are making him ... boring.

Excellent in Batman. Excellent in The Machinist. Equilibrium. Reign of Fire. So many good movies under one man's belt, but this might be a career Ro-Sham-Bo if I've ever seen one. Lol...

Whoever wrote the script should be shot and burned out near Gitmo, while it's still 'iffy' to abuse people legally. Rofl...

The end of this film, between the entry of Skynet and the very end was the icing, the end all, of end-alls. A pathetic tie and die to a badly written film.

You're reading this with amusement and wonder, did anything good come from this film?

The graphics were pretty awesome.
... and that was about it.

... Yeah.
Right up until the end, when an appearance is made and you go ... Yes...wait...what?!
/sigh...

All in all.
Gratitudous violence and explosions.
Needless action, shoving the budget higher.
Poorly developed story to push the expensive budget HIGHER.
Good acting.
Lame events. Bad planning. Overall, cheese factor: High.

This movie gets a 1.5 / 5 ~Pray to God~ it "Wont Be Ba'k" </end Arnold voice over>

**Don't bother seeing til it's on DVD ... or TV for that matter.

Exodyus
06-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Personally, I think this movie has some rated R language and a few nice sets of titties to see in it, however -- in this same light, there's a little black kid who's doing all of the cussing (same kid who's hosting the Cartoon Network REAL TV), so I'm not sure where the boundaries between PG-13 (for kids who hear cussing 8hrs/5DaW in school) and R lie.

The movie is a riot. Basically, starts out that this guy is promoting an energy drink and giving "Drug-Free Is the Way to Be" speeches and realizes that his life is where it isn't supposed to be / or where he imagined it's not, and it goes from there.
They end up having to do community service and the rest is fraggin' hysterical. Non-stop laughs through the entire thing and total insanity. It's extreme vulgar, so this isn't a movie I'd take my mom to see, cause she's walk out within the first few minutes, I think.

Not really any huge actors, but funny - none-the-less. It's kinda like a Kevin Smith movie (2 of 3 main actors/actresses are in K. Smith films) without his grace or title. Very, very funny. Very, very nasty.

All in all, if you can deal with the funny crude humor and language, this is a definite must-see film. It's just so damn funny.

I give this movie a 3.5 / 5 Hot Teacher Fantasies!

LemonRising
06-09-2009, 10:47 PM
The graphics were pretty awesome.

That was basically what I told everyone who asked.
The graphics were awesome.

Other than that it was pretty homo.
I mean
Did you see that totally-homo-look at the end?
They were lying there,
and then
they look at each other longingly.
I was almost expecting them to make out, just to let everyone know that this was a really bad joke to take your money and let you look at pretty things.

Exodyus
06-09-2009, 10:50 PM
First and Foremost, it must be announced that Pixar Studios are gods of animation and all that is just totally awesome. <3 From the beloved Toy Story, all the way through these short films and back to UP -- each masterpiece will leave you begging for more and wishing you had an ounce of their raw talent and creative ingenious.

UP is fraggin' fun!
It's basically about this little old man who sets out to complete an adventure that he and his wife started when they were just kids. It's a different twist for Pixar however, because they definitely spin a bit of negativity and sorrow into this film to really pull you into the heat of the moment. UP's and downs, you're living this man's life as he continues on his journey and conquest through to the end of his life...?

The animation is beautiful and there's a few lessons in the movie that really strike home, if you pay attention to some of the thoughtful morals, otherwise, you'll love the film for it's adventurous nature.

This is a definite must-see and something you should take your grandparents to and enjoy with them. It has some amazing action and drama, a lot of suspense and tons of laughter involved. However, don't let me steer you wrong when I tell you, that there are some serious tear jerking moments.

--

On a side note: Pixar is known for their short films that they put together through most of their film releases.
The old man playing chess against himself - YouTube - Pixar - Geri's Game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgg9Dn2ahlM)
The little birds and the big bird pecking order - YouTube - For The Birds - McFly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2v5lzQRbMM)
A hysterical tennis ball commercial - YouTube - Pixar - Tennis Commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zv9vRz4QYM&feature=related)

Anyways - All of their stuff is amazing, but this one for UP, called Partly Cloudy is so freakin' cute and funny, that it's mind boggling. The ideas and all of it are just spectacular.

I'll give up 4 / 5 Floating House Adventures!

EpsilonX
06-11-2009, 05:41 PM
I thought Terminator was awesome. I didn't really expect much other than christian bale being christian bale, and lots of action. there was a lack of firefights and the fact that the entire series is a huge plothole is kind of annoying, but i enjoyed the movie a lot. Way better than transformers, which is similar in that all you really get is explosions

Exodyus
06-11-2009, 06:13 PM
If you went into the movie not expecting anything, then I imagine it would have been a decent film. However, I'm a movie buff (of sorts) and I assumed, going into the movie, it would have been way better than it really was.

An untouchable man, who doesn't question his mortality - even though he can take a blow to the face from a 200+ pound man, even though he attracts magnetic land mines (lol), and even though he DIED -- randomly coming back?

All in all, the movie was only alright. But the ending really killed it for me. I mean -- so pathetically finished. So ... jokingly done. After T3, I'm surprised they would allow such idiocy to take place, as the ending was in T4.

LemonRising
06-11-2009, 08:21 PM
It was christian bale being christian bale, but also homo.
then add some awesome graphics, mr halfman and an asian chick and a teenage father and a mutegirl.

^ I just gave you the whole movie.

EpsilonX
06-11-2009, 08:24 PM
If you went into the movie not expecting anything, then I imagine it would have been a decent film. However, I'm a movie buff (of sorts) and I assumed, going into the movie, it would have been way better than it really was.

An untouchable man, who doesn't question his mortality - even though he can take a blow to the face from a 200+ pound man, even though he attracts magnetic land mines (lol), and even though he DIED -- randomly coming back?

All in all, the movie was only alright. But the ending really killed it for me. I mean -- so pathetically finished. So ... jokingly done. After T3, I'm surprised they would allow such idiocy to take place, as the ending was in T4.

i think you're getting him confused with the other dude. cuz john connor doesn't die or attract land mines.

and i was expecting it to be good, but i wasn't expecting plot central i as just expecting it to be enjoyable and what summer movies are - big and fun.

Exodyus
06-11-2009, 11:44 PM
i think you're getting him confused with the other dude. cuz john connor doesn't die or attract land mines.

and i was expecting it to be good, but i wasn't expecting plot central i as just expecting it to be enjoyable and what summer movies are - big and fun.

Or - you assumed I was talking about Bale... making you an -- well, you know what it makes you. ;)

And Bale did a sh;tty job -- seeing as every time he spoke, I went ... "Batman?!"

Choke On Candy
06-12-2009, 09:13 PM
It was christian bale being christian bale, but also homo.
then add some awesome graphics, mr halfman and an asian chick and a teenage father and a mutegirl.

^ I just gave you the whole movie.

Homo christian bale...sounds homo lmao

EpsilonX
06-15-2009, 01:00 AM
Or - you assumed I was talking about Bale... making you an -- well, you know what it makes you. ;)

haha oh i thought it said morality, and idk why but it made me think of bale...with the whole he's the savior of the human race and he knows it thing going on.

but now that i think about it how would that be not questioning your morality?

and the 200 pound man, i was thinking you mean the first terminator with a skin suit towards the end.

Exodyus
06-15-2009, 01:58 AM
haha oh i thought it said morality, and idk why but it made me think of bale...with the whole he's the savior of the human race and he knows it thing going on.

but now that i think about it how would that be not questioning your morality?

and the 200 pound man, i was thinking you mean the first terminator with a skin suit towards the end.

No, no. Lol.

When he's saving that chick in that fight with the three dudes, and they all wanna piece of her. He gets cold-c0cked right in the face. Doesn't even flinch. Lol, that's what I meant. I was talking about Marcus.

Exodyus
08-03-2009, 12:23 PM
I've been slacking off and since I'm currently bored at work, here we go!

Johnny Depp is a beautiful, beautiful man. Lol. He's a fantabulous actor across the board and anything he touches, seems to turn to gold (except the last few Pirates of the Caribbean movies...lol). Still well acted in those movies, but this is the life of the famous bank robber, John Derringer.

It's a bit slow at times and leave you waiting for the next scene, but it also shows how stupid the government is and has been for a while. Always internal fights and whatever else, have you -- but Bale does a decent job in this film. Thankfully, he didn't sound much like John Conner - "D-E-D. WE ARE ALL DEAD!" lolol... Oyie.

Overall, I would say the movie is good enough to see or own, but the accuracy is a little off. Some of the events in the movie, never happened in real life and they were just expounded upon to make it more of a movie ordeal.

All in all, I'd give this movie a 3 / 5 Heisted Banks!

Exodyus
08-03-2009, 12:27 PM
I, personally, will admit that I'm a little fan of Jack Black. He's just funny, all around. Not the greatest actor in the world, but he's so amusing that it seems a little more believable than some retarded Will Farrell flick.

Essentially, the movie is about a kid who wants to grow up to rock socks off. He hooks up with another guy later in the film and they both go on this insane misadventure that ends with them rocking out against the Devil.

Youtube - "A tribute to the greatest song in the world" to get a post-idea of the movie, because they played the greatest song in the world IN the movie.

Lol.

Anyways, it's insanity. It's funny. It's a bit crazy.
I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would have.

I'd give this movie a 2.5 / 5 Legendary Picks!

Exodyus
08-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Alright, I'll be the first to admit that I don't really like Tom Hanks or his (in)ability to act. He plays the same character build and act since BIG, which also just so happens to be his best film, lol.

The movie is a second to The DiVinci Code, which also wasn't spectacular, however as intriguing as it was. Now, I'm not one for politics and the church and all it's ignorance, but this film and it's thrilling, curious nature kept me captivated right until the end.

I'm a fan of Ewan McGregor, but in this movie -- I pinned him within the first hour. I can't say much more than this without a spoiler alert, but I felt he wasn't believable and retardedly obvious. And the end -- lame.

Overall, the church, the illuminati cult, and the rise to power didn't come off as amazing as I would have imagined the book played it out to be. Not so hot.

I'll give this film a 2 / 5 flaming clergy men!

Worth seeing once, I guess.

Exodyus
08-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Well - after all the negative hype and bad reviews on the movie, I decided to step out and see for myself what is really going on. Firstly, most of the negativity I saw was the movie being about non-stop action, explosions, and just too much going on and that it was too long.

My address to this is -- there wasn't an overly, unneeded amount of explosions and action, though it's a fun, blow-sh;t-up movie, I don't think it over did anything by so much to give it a negative review. Explosions are necessary when you're talking about war and robots that are bigger than buildings.

The movie, I didn't find to be too long either, seeing as I was never bored or waiting in the movie. Interesting concepts, various plot points, tying in cool history and crazy-weird, yet amazing graphics.

Being that this is a remake off of a kids' television series, I think it's doing great how it is. Because it's beautiful, graphically and it has pretty decent acting all around, I would venture to say that there could be another three to come and the "first Movie Series" would be really cool.

Shia does a great job. As usual. Megan Fox is ridiculously hot, as usual -- though sometimes looks burnt orange in the movie, like her fake-bake took a turn for the worse, lol -- it's not too bad of a film.

I enjoyed it and I'd recommend everyone gettin' out to see it before it's out of theaters.

I give this a 3.5 / 5 SR-71 Blackbird Tributes!

Exodyus
10-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Well ... I must say, that this movie was a bit of an oddity and a disappointment. Usually when I hear Bruce Willis, I'm inspired to blow sh;t up and have an action packed night of fun and insanity. I know that I'll be gripping the arm rests and lurching at the massive screen before me and dodging bullets with the 'Die Hard' himself. I'll be ramping cop cars into helicopters [ See Live Free, or Die Hard ].

But ... this movie. It's a little slow. It's a little predictable. It's a little ... unlike Bruce.

The basis of the film is a world where humans are always jacked into these chairs, and robots live their lives for them, so they don't have to get hurt and they can be whoever they want to be. Pretty much making a statement that texting and internet has killed socialization almost completely.

But it's predictable way to early on.

In about the middle of the movie, my fiancee and I usually will swap endings as to what each of us think will happen. Usually, either she's right or I'm right, and we're rarely both ever wrong. However -- this was the rare instance, where we were both right.

All in all, I wasn't impressed.

I'll give it a 2 / 5 meatbags!

Suppose you could see it once, but rent it.

Exodyus
10-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Now, usually I find movies like this cliche. Matthew McConaughey is a good looking guy and a fairly decent actor, I would venture to say and because he's such a stud -- he's pegged in all of these anti-serious roles about retarded love affairs, and all-around chick flicks. When was he in one really serious movie?

Just because he's a slab of man-meat that women would die for, doesn't make him that great of an actor. Let's just put that out there blatantly. Kinda like Eric Bana. Lately, he's been better -- but the '05 Hulk movie? Allah in a Jetpack...

So, the jist of the movie is kinda like the olden Scrooge tail, where three ghosts visit him -- only this time, it's all his ex-girlfriends. Lol. ALL OF THEM. And apparently, he was a little bit of a womanizer ...

All in all, the movie is cute. And there's totally a wild and LOL-worthy shot of Michael Douglas in there as well, and he's just an All-Around, All-American Bad-Ass! I love his movie, The Game. <3 So good.

ANYWHO!

This movie is worth seeing, if you're into decent chick flicks -- or guys, if you want to show your woman, you have a feminine side. You'll get some laughs out of this!

3.8 / 5 DESTROYED WEDDINGS!

Yuuki
10-01-2009, 08:28 PM
oGeez.
You're harsh! XD hahahah
I wanna see Ghost of Girlfriends past.
Least it got a 3/5 from you. :]
Not bad, not bad.

Exodyus
10-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Ghost of Girlfriend's Past almost got a 4/5. ;)

And harsh, is truth. Surrogates wasn't that great.

Yuuki
10-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Whoopsies.
I didn't see the .8 :P lol
Cool, I'm planning on watching it this weekend. :]

And hahah.
I see, I sees.

Exodyus
12-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1515091/)

Your Overall Rating - 4/5

Synopsis - Holmes is at it again, trying to hunt down the mastermind, Dr. Moriarty. The man is of the same brilliance as Sherlock, and thus brings an interesting race around the European Continent to lock-down, seek, hunt, and capture this madman culprit who has been the reason or thought to have been the reason by Holmes for this recent string of bombings.

As always, Downey Jr. delivers a smashing performance of absolute humor, intrigue, and excitement. Jude Law is a cutie and together they make a great couple, as usual. Sadly though, Rachael McAdams doesn't have an entirely large role in this film, as the last one, but this is even less -- as it's them on the hunt for most of the film and she, not in the picture. In her place comes a sultry gypsy though, hottie Noomi Rapace. She's a new face in the industry, I think. Hope she sticks around!

All in all, the movie is a thinker's movie. You really have to be careful, because if you're anything like me -- you're tying the pieces together as the movie progresses to see how well you're fairing in solving the mystery and missing a lot of the pieces that are being shared as you do so.

Definitely worth seeing!

Exodyus
12-28-2011, 08:41 AM
Season of the Witch (2011) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479997/)

Surprisingly, better than I had assumed it would be.

Synopsis
Two crusaders fight in countless battles in the 1300s in the name of the Lord, slaying all those who come stand against "God" -- and when sacking a city filled with women and children, the realize how worthless it is and decide to desert the cause.
They are discovered in a city that has been plagued by a witch, and from there comes their journey to take her to a holy place to be put on trial to save humanity from this curse.

The Acting is actually good. You'd think otherwise, due to Nicholas Cage's "seriousfays" role, however Ron Perlman (HellBoy) is an excellent balance for him, thus making the movie way more enjoyable.
The music fits the scenes, but a little too well and oddly enough, the story isn't given away or OMGspoiled, due to what you might think happens next.
There's some good secretive parts, and some rather bizarre events that happen here, all which make you cringe.

The movie is dark. A little more on the edge of thrilling and suspenseful, which was also enjoyable -- out of role for Nicholas Cage as well.

All in all, I'd have to say the film was good. 3.5/5 easily.
Interesting take on the Witch story. Worth seeing, I think -- maybe even better with a drink or two.

Exodyus
12-28-2011, 08:43 AM
You know, from all of the critics and everyone I've talked to or heard things from about this movie, I went into it -- expecting that it wasn't going to be anything great or worth it to catch my time, but I must say from my own mouth, I liked the movie.

The acting was good. I enjoy Ryan Reynolds, even though I think that he should have stuck to the Blade movies or Deadpool (even though Origins ****ed that up badly)...
It's a peeve of mine to have so many actors in the world and reuse them for Hero films, over and over again. But -- alas, it's not my way or will, and therefore, wont happen. So. Yeah.

The special effects were pretty bad-ass, and it's interesting that when you turn someone Pink ... you lose all context of who they are until you hear them speak. Lol. And then you go, OH HIM! The villain from Robin Hood! UHH! YEAH! What was his name again! Lol. Cool ring effects. Cool worldly effects. Awesome visuals.

The back-story was a little rushed. Like Thor, it was all packed in -- hardcore. A lot to process in a short amount of time. Overall though, I think they did a decent job.

I for one, haven't read any of the DC Comics, so if it doesn't coincide with the comics -- I wouldn't know.

I'd definitely give it a 4/5. It felt shaky and drug on a hair too long in some parts, so it didn't get an OMGEXCELLENT!

Exodyus
12-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Immortals (2011) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1253864/)

I found the movie to be enjoyable, but rather boring. The actors were well put, the old man being the best, and then Zeus as well. Most of the gods were good fits except Athena. Annoying. Stupid. Especially, since she was a god of War. By far, the craziest was Hermes, I believe he was supposed to be. Before ... yeah. Kaput.

All in all, the movie is "pretty" to a visual excitement, but the lack of actual substance and detail of those visuals made me Sad-Panda.
Troy, 300, Gladiator -- all of these were beautiful films. Epics in some nature, excellent acting, but the DETAILS were what made the film. The extensive depth.

The depth of the Immortals, I would compare to, a piss-filled kiddie pool.

All in all, it was pretty, decent acting, and an interesting twist on the gods/Titans storyline.

Out of 10, I'd probably give it a 5.5, just to be above average.

2.6/5

Exodyus
12-28-2011, 08:50 AM
IMDb - Limitless (2011) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1219289/)

A bit informal - phone post.

This movie is epically fantastic. The idea of a drug awakening the human potential for intelligence, greatness, and absolute genius would be worth it - by far, regardless of the risks. To think that way, to focus that clearly, to be that quick-tongued and smart, oyie!

The movie is about a guy who is pretty much a dead beat (Bradley) and he meets up with someone from his past that gets him started on the dose and from there, it's an amazing ride of insanity, humor, genius, thrill, and suspense. I loved it.

Rated a 4.5/5 on the Jeffness Scale.
Worth seeing as a fantasy lover, potential author, lover of mania, or <3 Bradley Cooper. <3

Exodyus
12-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Conan the Barbarian (2011) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816462/)

Title: Conan the Barbarian
Seen on: 11 Sept. 11
Primary face: --the old, bad, military guy from Avatar? Rofl.
Rating: 1/5

Synopsis: So this child is born during war, and his mother ... being 9 months preggers dies in combat and he's born. And now his goal is to run through life (and this movie, not living up to the old one) and being slightly ridiculous. Along the way, he becomes a ****ing pirate? Barbarian pirate? And tries almost endlessly, it seems, to avenge his father, who dies in a REALLLLY ****ed up way. Ironically, the guy who plays his father (Hellboy), is also in the bad movie -- Drive. What a pity for his career.

The Good: Drink. Heavily. And then watch this, and it'll be ****in' amazing. Lol. Otherwise, there wasn't anything good about this. Lol.

The Bad: The Acting. The fight scenes. The wench scenes. The gross floppy, saggy titties. Man-ass. A lame soft-soft core sex scene that involves the ***** leaving and getting capture, when she was next to the ****ing shore to begin with... -_- !? Gawd... what else was bad about this movie? Oh... all of it.

The Ugly: How about the lack of storyline, character development and the overwhelming surge of stupidity that pooled from this movie, like a cesspool moat.

All in All, get drunk before you see this, or don't. It's ridiculous and does the old one ZERO Justice.

Exodyus
12-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Real Steel (2011) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433035/)

Stars Hugh Jackman and some young kid named Dakota Goyo.

Synopsis is that Charlie is a retired boxer who know boxes with robots, and he's sort of a has-been. His ex-wife dies and he's 'stuck' with this eleven year old boy, who is his son, Max. Yadda yadda, lovehate. They fight robots.

The graphics are realistic enough that not-once did I think it was fake. The motions, the actions, the fights. Good work indeed!

Then ... wtf.

His mom died and you're all, "Oh -- that sucks." And then you realize that the sister acted the most distraught. It would have been better if they'd said, "Well, she had cancer -- so we expected it." Because then you wouldn't have been all, "WTF -- heartless sons of *****es, in this movie!" Yes -- a cop out, but at least it would have evaded the massive WTFMoments.

And then the random douche-bag cowboy?! OMGIMMA KNOCK YOU OUT, and then 3 v 1, gets his ass ****in' beatdown, only to be saved by his compadres. Lmaowut?

Great visual effects.
Lame storyline.
Good kid movie.
And I would have liked to known who made Atom also. Cause the Japanese dude was livid by the end, so I Lol'd. He had to have known something... >_>

3.5/5

Exodyus
12-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Drive (2011) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780504/)

Title: Drive
Seen on: 16 Sept. 11
Primary face: Ryan Gosling
Rating: 1/5

Synopsis: The film is about a guy who's an enigma, unknown past, and the movie time-lapses more than a preteen boy masturbates. He befriends this family, and the father just gets out of prison and owes people 'protection money' and so they want him to do a 'job.' When he refuses, this enigma -- Gosling -- comes in with no reason, what-so-ever and no ties to anything, and decides to lay himself on the line for some ... reason? He's not getting laid. No money. Nothing. A genuinely nice murderer. Go. Figure.

The Good: The cars were about it, and they weren't even awesome or anything. The best car he jacked was a Mustang GT 500; looked like a 2011, black-on-black. Pretty slick and he did like ... one or two stunts? Bleh. For a stunman profession, the movie didn't play to his "talents" very well...

The Bad: The acting was atrociously boring. Drab. Dull. The concept behind it -- some EXPLOSIVE HYPE! INSANE KILLING SPREE! OMGOMG!OMG! ...dull. BAM. With the snap of a finger, it goes from gory murder -- stomping some dude's face IN -- like caving his skull in, to ... nothing. A closing elevator door, which was supposed to be like OMGLOLAWESOME, but it ended up being WTFLAME.

The Ugly: There's a scene where Gosling goes into this back room in a strip club, where all the women are topless, sitting around and pounds the **** out of this dude with a hammer. Do the sluts flinch? No. Look scared? No. Care at all? No. Do ... they look like Fembots? Yes. Lolol. Their acting was as fake as their tits. /high-hat clash/

All in All, the music was pretty crappy and monotinous. The scenes were too slow and irritating. If you cut out all of the pauses, a two hour movie would have been about an hour. Prepare to be bored if you go see this, but I don't recommend it.

LiNuX
12-28-2011, 11:37 AM
I agree with most of your recent reviews, but I haven't seen Sherlock Holmes, Real Steel, or Conan. I figured Conan was bad with no Arnie.

But I might give Immortals a little more, maybe 3-3.5. I liked that they took a different turn, otherwise it would be like the dozens of other movies following Gods and Titans.

Exodyus
12-28-2011, 02:11 PM
I agree with most of your recent reviews, but I haven't seen Sherlock Holmes, Real Steel, or Conan. I figured Conan was bad with no Arnie.

But I might give Immortals a little more, maybe 3-3.5. I liked that they took a different turn, otherwise it would be like the dozens of other movies following Gods and Titans.

I hated that it was lacked anything substance wise. When I go to see a movie, that's so ridiculous rich in history and lore, there shouldn't be a doubt in my mind that I'm in that place, at that specific time, and that I can't definitely discern where the graphics start and the prop begins.

This film was so pretty, it was fake. Ridiculously fake. I just didn't like that it lacked that film quality of realism, while taking into account a half-assed story with MEH-acting. For what it COULD have been, and what it WAS -- Meh was all that I could conjure. More Cons than Pros, imo.

The coolest bit was the graphics and how the gods fought with humans, not even the titans.

Exodyus
12-31-2011, 05:55 PM
The Darkest Hour (2011) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1093357/)

Rating: 2/5 -- meh.
Primary Face: Who knows ... nobody. The kid from 21?

Synopsis: Basically, some sort of alien entity has come to earth and wiped out ... quite literally 95% of the planets population and now it's just up to the survivors to gather up and band together. These aliens aren't like anything ever seen before. They're practically invisible except for their electromagnetic wavelengths, which are claimed to be "lethal" -- and by lethal, they turn people into ashy dust... yeah.
What are they here for? It's a ridiculous notion, but apparently so -- watch it to lolwtf, if you dare. Otherwise -- ask and I'll spoil the stupidity. Like-NoWai?!

Pros: The Russian dudes they find halfway through the movie are rockstars. Bad-ass mofos, forsure. They're probably the best part of the film, both in acting and common sense. Believable, for sure. The graphics are pretty slick as well -- and the horse. Holy ****, that's cool. You'll know it when you see it.

Cons: The dumbest, most over played storyline. OMGALIENS. WE WEL SURFIVE! LIKE. RLY. CUZ WER HUMENZ!

... effin' lame. The acting was shabby. The concept was pitiful. There's a reason it's only up to 5 million in a week, over Mission Impossible's 29 million.
Chyeah...

Status: Wait for it to hit the stores. Netflix. Or a dumb friend to pick it up...

thedeparted
01-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Drive is awesome, I disagree with your assessment of Gosling character. I believe his emotionless nature in its character development was a good fit for the script.

Trunks
01-02-2012, 10:44 PM
I can't believe you gave the green lantern a 4.5, that was probably the worst movie I've watched in theaters in the past couple years. The only good thing about the movie was Ryan Reynolds. I thought the writing was awful, no action which is expected in a super hero movie.

I agree with you about darkest hour was a typical alien movie, actors were pretty horrible. The only guy I recognized was max minghella from the Social Network.( who was the actor from 21?) Emile Hersch has potential, but he wasn't really that good. I'm pretty easily pleased with movies, any type of sci fi movie I usually enjoy. The way they did the aliens was pretty cool. Definitely won't be a movie I'll be buying, but I thought it was a fun watch.

Exodyus
01-03-2012, 04:00 PM
@ Departed: I'm a self-proclaimed cinephile. I love watching movies and I really enjoy certain films that have a sterile background and plot line, but the ignorance of the story and the pointlessness of his character (who has NO background explained) is just some ruthless sociopath without just cause. And the film was boring.

@ Trunks: I didn't see it in theaters. I didn't even pay for it, lol. and I thought it was well worth the points. Good story. Good finish. One of Reynold's better roles lately, and the graphics were absolutely gorgeous. I thought that overall, it had a little more potential to making it an epic movie.

thedeparted
01-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Curious exo, you have a icheckmovies or criticker account

Exodyus
01-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Neh, I don't have time to check and do and dabble in all of that. I barely have time to do what I need to do as is without getting uber distracted, lol...

Exodyus
01-03-2012, 06:18 PM
The Kings Speech (2010) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1504320/)

Popular Faces: Geoffrey Rush, Helena Bonham Carter, & Colin Firth
Rating: 4/5

Synopsis: The King is on his death bed and the throne is being handed down to someone who would end up tainting the throne, so in turn, it is presented to the Duke of York and the entire story is really about a horrible stutter that he has. It's a really great movie, despite the sounds of how it is all to pan out. I didn't think I would enjoy it, less all the action and interest -- but the dramatic roles and how well the acting is, is amazing. A truly good movie set around a terrible hardship and life.

Pros: The actors were phenomenal. Wonderfully cast. That was by far, my favorite piece of the entire film. The next was the learning, watching, and holding into the adversity with the actors in the film. Moving and truly captivating. I don't think I've really said that about many movies before, but the believeability is crucial and in this movie, epic.

Cons: Other than a little slow in some parts, I think that it really didn't have too many faults.

I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone who really wasn't sure what to watch.
Lost in the movie abyss and looking for a film that just didn't seem to fit any bill.
And there's a ton of swearing that's entirely too funny. <3

thedeparted
01-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Yeah from the outside looking in from somebody could be like lol wat how could such a thing be good. But it really is an enjoyable film.