PDA

View Full Version : Tekken vs VF might occur in future

jakncoke
04-10-2009, 02:42 AM
Namco is still interested in doing a Tekken vs. VF title, according to Tekken 6 director Katsuhiro Harada.

Namco has openly expressed its desire to bring the two genre-leading heavyweights together on several occasions in the past – a desire that’s not gone away.

Speaking to 360 Gamer, Harada said that a Tekken vs. VF game had come so close to happening on a few occasions, that Namco had even tested elements of the gameplay that could go into such a game.

“The truth is that I have been working to fulfil this dream from over ten years ago,” Harada replied, when asked if such a game could happen.

“There were several occasions on which it came close to realisation. Opinions may vary, but I have wanted to do this for a long time. Therefore, the chance is not zero. It is possible.

“However, there would be many difficulties during actual development. First off, which team would develop it? I have some ideas for the controls and fighting system. Some parts have even been tested.

“It’s really up to the fans and whether they want it. If you have opinions about this, please send them to me!”

Harada didn’t mention how things were looking at the moment. But with Mario & Sonic at the Olympics having done well for Sega, hopefully we’ll see its other great franchise given the chance to link up with its biggest rival.

Namco still up for Tekken vs. VF, control system tested // Xbox 360 News // Xbox 360 Gamer Magazine Online (http://360-gamer.com/news.asp?id=3514)

never heard of the site, so take a grain of salt. also I wouldn't doubt this happening. fighting genre is basically on it's death bed as a whole so why not combine 2 franchises into 1 game

Flab-Ender
04-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Ya, most of he fighting genres are just button mashing and not very fun. don't really see how it ever caught on.

jakncoke
04-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Because to be great at a fighting game against great competition button mashing will only likely lead to you getting owned, people that actually care actually learn the moves

Trunks
04-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Actually most fighting games have combo's and when you use them, you basically always win lol. It can be a button mashing game, just depends how well you know the controls/combos

Flab-Ender
04-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Because to be great at a fighting game against great competition button mashing will only likely lead to you getting owned, people that actually care actually learn the moves

Ya that might be it. I just really don't care. t gets to annoying to remember all those combinations.

jakncoke
04-10-2009, 11:47 AM
I never got into fighters either because of that. I only played a couple ever. Battle Arena Toshiden and Tekken 2 or 3 is all I've ever played IIRC

Trunks
04-10-2009, 11:50 AM
I always just stick with one character when I play. Normally go through the story line with them, well at least the small story line that they have. Then if I play through again, I'll use a different character and learn there combo's.

I never really liked Tekken games though, I just started with MK and stuck with it I guess. All this talk about fighting games makes me want to buy a new MK game.

Flab-Ender
04-10-2009, 11:51 AM
I never got into fighters either because of that. I only played a couple ever. Battle Arena Toshiden and Tekken 2 or 3 is all I've ever played IIRC

The only fighters I have evr played were the Soul Caliber seies. I ought the fourth thinking it was going to be good, then turnedit in a month later because I never played it and got bored of it.

Lazarius
04-20-2009, 04:10 PM

Hehe...

I was one of those people who knew all the combos and main attack moves to my favourite Tekken Characters lol, so yes Button Bashers did not stand much of a chance!

I can see the problems developing this game, but I do not really see a point for it. Maybe they are both just trying to pool their fans to relaunch each others francises.

Either way, ofcourse we fans of either would look into such a creation.