PDA

View Full Version : Remakes

Flab-Ender
04-10-2009, 11:35 AM
There are a lot of games out there, and some of the old ones are loosing there lust and people are strting to just forget about them. What i'm wonderin is whch games you guys think need to be remade. I think they need to remake a Luigi's Mansion or have another good Stronghold game. What do you guys think?

jakncoke
04-10-2009, 11:39 AM
Metal Gear Solid remake would make my day

Flab-Ender
04-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Metal Gear Solid remake would make my day

They just came out with "Guns of the Patriots" did they not?

jakncoke
04-10-2009, 11:43 AM
They just came out with "Guns of the Patriots" did they not?

your point? what does that have to do with wanting a remake of the first game?

Trunks
04-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Final fantasy remakes on the xbox 360 would make me happy. They already remade them once, but all well. Two times can't hurt.

jakncoke
04-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Dunno about members on this site, but Neogaf members have cult section that really want a FF7 Remake

Trunks
04-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Dunno about members on this site, but Neogaf members have cult section that really want a FF7 Remake

That would make me happy. FF7 with amazing graphics. yummm, I'd buy that before FF13.

Flab-Ender
04-10-2009, 11:52 AM
I've never really gotten into Final Fantsy. I've watched other people play it and it just looked really complicated.

jakncoke
04-10-2009, 12:00 PM
you didn't answer my question :p

Flab-Ender
04-10-2009, 12:04 PM
you didn't answer my question :p

Oh, sorry I didn't see that. Well I havn't played any of the Metal Gear Solids so I didn' know if it was a remake of anything or just another Meatal Gear Solid game. But does "Guns of the Patriots" not satisfy you?

jakncoke
04-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Guns of Patriots was great, but I want to fully play MGS for the story for one and I want to play it in eyecandy 1080p instead of eye gouging aged badly PS1 graphics. Have you played MGS1 lately...it...well you'll understand if you have and you'd understand if you did sometime soon

screwby.

otis
04-10-2009, 01:42 PM
remake resident evil 5. Yes 5. That game was my biggest disappointment of the year.

Flab-Ender
04-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Really? What was so bad about it?

otis
04-10-2009, 04:38 PM
where do I start? My biggest gripe is it went from a survival horror to just a survival. The story is bland at best, I never got the feeling that I was playing something special, something that lived up to the hype (and trust me, I was hyped on this one), it hardly lets you carry many items at all (even with your buddy), there's no overall health growth like in 4 when you combine plants. I could go on.

bottom line, 4 should have been 5 and 5 should have been 4. :(

jakncoke
04-10-2009, 04:40 PM
remake resident evil 5. Yes 5. That game was my biggest disappointment of the year.

that's just crazy talk.

Sim City 2000/Railroad Tycoon 2 remakes, now that's something I could support.

omgodzilla10
04-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Driver3. It would be nice to have a Remake, with less glitches.

jakncoke
04-10-2009, 04:45 PM
I liked Driver/2, 3 was not a fan and didn't try any others as I gave up on the series. I nice franchise reboot would be nice.

Flab-Ender
04-10-2009, 06:53 PM
that's just crazy talk.

Sim City 2000/Railroad Tycoon 2 remakes, now that's something I could support.

I'v never played the railroad tycoon series. It just seemed like one of the off brand tycoon like moon tycoon.

LiNuX
04-10-2009, 06:58 PM
CS 1.6 - they need to keep the game play in there with better graphics - they screwed up the game play with CSS...

also wouldn't mind seeing Sonic games remade - the old game play of course, from the Sega Days - that was fun.

jakncoke
04-10-2009, 07:01 PM
I'v never played the railroad tycoon series. It just seemed like one of the off brand tycoon like moon tycoon.

RT games are way better

Knibbler
04-10-2009, 09:48 PM

Well they certainly have the right idea..
A remake of FF7 would definately not go un-noticed and would make my day.

They also need to remake some of the old point and click games such as Monkey Island 1 + 2 and the old Indiana Jones point and click adventures.

Flab-Ender
04-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Point and click?

Knibbler
04-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Yeah, games like;

Broken Sword
Myst
Discworld
Monkey Island
Sam and Max
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Sanitarium

Flab-Ender
04-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Never played any of those.

Knibbler
04-10-2009, 10:08 PM
You're missing out on some classic titles!

Flab-Ender
04-10-2009, 10:10 PM
What do you do in them? They look boring.

EpsilonX
04-11-2009, 12:43 AM
Guns of Patriots was great, but I want to fully play MGS for the story for one and I want to play it in eyecandy 1080p instead of eye gouging aged badly PS1 graphics. Have you played MGS1 lately...it...well you'll understand if you have and you'd understand if you did sometime soon

screwby.

what? you gotta be kidding me. the graphics aged pretty well I think. The graphical style in that game helps the atmosphere a lot i think

Yeah, games like;

Myst

haha i wanna play that so bad, but i don't feel like buying it. They just remade it for DS, but unfortunately I hear it sucks.

They should really remake clock tower for either DS or Wii (preferably ds)

jakncoke
04-11-2009, 01:07 AM
that's crazy talk

screwby.

Flab-Ender
04-11-2009, 10:13 AM
what? you gotta be kidding me. the graphics aged pretty well I think. The graphical style in that game helps the atmosphere a lot i think

haha i wanna play that so bad, but i don't feel like buying it. They just remade it for DS, but unfortunately I hear it sucks.

They should really remake clock tower for either DS or Wii (preferably ds)

Wow, i'm really out of all these old games. What is clock tower?

Knibbler
04-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Wow, i'm really out of all these old games. What is clock tower?

Clock Tower, video game series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clock_Tower_(series))

Flab-Ender
04-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Clock Tower, video game series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clock_Tower_(series))

Wow, I only read about the first one and it seems very creepy. Also very disturbing.

Knibbler
04-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Probably one of the best survival horror game series ever created.

Flab-Ender
04-11-2009, 12:52 PM
What about Dead Space? I heard that was pretty good.

EpsilonX
04-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Probably one of the best survival horror game series ever created.

that's funny, cuz almost everybody hates clock tower 2...and clock tower 3 sucks somethin fierce. It was good in the first stage but after that....yuck.

If you exclude origins and homecoming, i'd say Silent Hill is the best series. Either that, or Fatal Frame.

I'd say resident evil (yea, it's scary) but it's scares rely on things jumping out at you. Silent hill doesn't need to resort to cheap "have something jump out at you out of nowhere" type scares

Flab-Ender
04-11-2009, 10:40 PM
that's funny, cuz almost everybody hates clock tower 2...and clock tower 3 sucks somethin fierce. It was good in the first stage but after that....yuck.

If you exclude origins and homecoming, i'd say Silent Hill is the best series. Either that, or Fatal Frame.

I'd say resident evil (yea, it's scary) but it's scares rely on things jumping out at you. Silent hill doesn't need to resort to cheap "have something jump out at you out of nowhere" type scares

I think I played the 3rd resident evil. I looked ok. Not very good though. Defiantly not something I would buy. Oh and another good remake I think would be Shadowrun. This game is awesome, but there could be some improvements.

Knibbler
04-12-2009, 12:04 PM

Ok, take out the word 'series' and we've left with Clock Tower, probably one of the best survival horror games ever created! Lol.

Silent Hill is an awesome series from what I've played of it.. I'm still trying to grab a copy of Silent Hill 4 and I'm yet to play Homecoming.. I've got a friend who strongly recommends it...

As for Resident Evil, I've only ever enjoyed the original remake on the Gamecube as well as Resident Evil Zero. Those are, in my opinion, the only decent Resi games created thus far.

Dead Space is ok.. it's certainly got the scare factor, the audio used made sure of that. But the gameplay, i'm not too keen on.

I'm pretty sure they already remade Shadowrun. Released back in 2007.. they could probably release some DLC for it but I highly doubt it's worth remaking the title altogether.

Flab-Ender
04-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Ok, take out the word 'series' and we've left with Clock Tower, probably one of the best survival horror games ever created! Lol.

Silent Hill is an awesome series from what I've played of it.. I'm still trying to grab a copy of Silent Hill 4 and I'm yet to play Homecoming.. I've got a friend who strongly recommends it...

As for Resident Evil, I've only ever enjoyed the original remake on the Gamecube as well as Resident Evil Zero. Those are, in my opinion, the only decent Resi games created thus far.

Dead Space is ok.. it's certainly got the scare factor, the audio used made sure of that. But the gameplay, i'm not too keen on.

I'm pretty sure they already remade Shadowrun. Released back in 2007.. they could probably release some DLC for it but I highly doubt it's worth remaking the title altogether.

Wait, they remade shadowrun!!! Whats it called?

Knibbler
04-12-2009, 05:11 PM
It's called Shadowrun..

Shadowrun 2007 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun_(2007_video_game))

Flab-Ender
04-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Thats the original. Unless thats the remake of an earlier game. Because thats the one that I have.

jakncoke
04-12-2009, 11:55 PM
there's this one released in the late 80's

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0a/Shadowrun4.jpg

Linkage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun)

Flab-Ender
04-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Wow, there are actually four different video games of this. But it was actually a board game at first. It sort of looks like a D&D type of thing.

EpsilonX
04-13-2009, 03:39 PM
pokemon gold and silver totally need a remake.

Samus-Fan
04-13-2009, 03:57 PM
pokemon gold and silver totally need a remake.

I of the most agree.
I told myself that I will only buy one more Pokemon game again, and that would be a Gold/Silver remake, since it was the best.

I heard something about Nintendo copyrighting the names "Pokemon Dusk Gold and Dawn Silver" but that's it.

EpsilonX
04-13-2009, 04:13 PM
I of the most agree.
I told myself that I will only buy one more Pokemon game again, and that would be a Gold/Silver remake, since it was the best.

I heard something about Nintendo copyrighting the names "Pokemon Dusk Gold and Dawn Silver" but that's it.

gameplay-wise, gold and silver was the best. It also had by far the most to do, and probably the coolest set of pokemon. It introduced a few necesarry features to the forumla, and every game after it just added un-needed things. (like the pokemon powers idk what they're called in the games but the cards called em pokemon powers lol)

But the originals are classic, no matter how much the gameplay sucks, they're still great games.

Flab-Ender
04-13-2009, 07:10 PM
Ya, I loved the silver and gold version. They are probably my favorite. It would probably the only other Pokemon game I ever buy of it came out. I hope that they make it. I just wish I could find mine!

jakncoke
04-13-2009, 07:37 PM
it'd be sweet if they made a Suikenden remake, Aerobiz remake

Flab-Ender
04-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Oh, another good remake would be another Zelda Ocarina of Time. This is probably my favorite Legend of Zelda game. I loved it for the gamecube, but lost it a while ago. It be awesome if they remade it for the Wii or something.

jakncoke
04-15-2009, 05:56 PM
civilization 2 on PS1 rocked, they should totally remake it

Flab-Ender
04-15-2009, 06:17 PM
civilization 2 on PS1 rocked, they should totally remake it

I have Civilization 4 for the computer, and it's not all that great. I got bored with it after a short time. Medieval II Total War is a lot better

jakncoke
04-15-2009, 06:45 PM
imo revolution for consoles and all Civs on the computers don't compare to PS1 version of Civ2. Man what'd I'd give for hd paint coat on Civ2, would be so glorious

Flab-Ender
04-15-2009, 06:49 PM
I see. Well then I just might try it. I haven't played Ps2 in a while so might have to pull out the old girl for old times sake.

youthism_is_me
01-25-2010, 11:03 AM
There are a lot of games out there, and some of the old ones are loosing there lust and people are strting to just forget about them. What i'm wonderin is whch games you guys think need to be remade. I think they need to remake a Luigi's Mansion or have another good Stronghold game. What do you guys think?

its too soon to remake that but maybe they should make load runner that is actually fun or doctor mario or something but to remake a game that was a classic would ruin it it must suck already for example to remake any zelda it would be stupid they are all different