PDA

View Full Version : Rotm?

Flab-Ender
04-18-2009, 04:07 PM
I've been thinking. Since the GFX pro's have a form of competition, why not the game reviewers. The game reviews might make a review once a month, and be able to enter into the contest. Who ever has the better review wins. They could all be on the same game, or be on separate games. There are probably a lot of things to deal with. There are also a lot of variables. But this is just an idea. I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned either.

LiNuX
04-18-2009, 04:09 PM
you are free to organize something if you'd like. The GFX pros came out that way, same with the game reviewers themselves :)

you can open up your own contest and if it gets big enough it'll probably have its own board.

also, do you want it to be just game reviewers? The SOTWs aren't a strict GFX Pros competition, anyone can enter those.

Flab-Ender
04-18-2009, 04:15 PM
No, I would want as many people as possible. I mean there aren't many game reviews as is. So there wouldn't be very many entries. So, no, anybody would be able to enter.But what do you think. Should they be weekly, like the SOTW's or monthly to give people more time to make the reviews?

LiNuX
04-18-2009, 04:44 PM
I think for this kind of a thing, monthly would fit more, just an opinion though -

since anyone can enter, all non-game reviewers will have to review the games in the regular gaming boards and then link to it in your thread - later on if it grows and shows a lot of interest - they'll have their own boards.

Flab-Ender
04-18-2009, 04:48 PM
Ya, what I was planning on doing was to have them place there review somewhere in the forum (where ever you prefer) and then have them place a link to the contest page. Then people would go and read them, then place there vote. How do you think I should have this set-up? Also, were would it go?

LiNuX
04-18-2009, 05:13 PM
we have a contest/point sales board - the main thread can go in there and all entries can be placed in the regular gaming boards

you should set up rules for that, like how many words, images, ratings, etc. you can set your own up :)

good luck, hope to see the thread up later on. take your time with the planning though.

Flab-Ender
04-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Alright, thanks. Might be a while though.