PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Amusement Park?

Samus-Fan
04-19-2009, 07:47 PM
Coaster Season has officially started, with the opening of King's Island, with their new ride Diamond Back.

So, with the start of it, I was wondering what everyone's favorite park was.
And, with that, why that's your favorite. I love opinions, and parks, so I wanna see what everyone loves with each of their favorite parks, and what they look for when they go to a new one.

I think my favorite would have to be Waldameer.
It isn't gonig to be a favorite, or even liked, by everyone. It is a smaller park with only 4 coasters, but they are some of the best there are.
Their new one, Ravine Flyer 2, was voted Best New Ride in the World award by Amusement Today for 2008.
Steel Dragon, a spinning coaster, was fun and interesting, first Spinning Coaster I'd ridden, and it was epic.
The Comet, old coaster that really gives the feeling of it being a classic, the air time, the no-seatbelts, it's great.
And Ravine Flyer 3, a kid coaster. No, I didn't ride it. Had top be under 48" D:

The park has other rides, like Scrambler, Ali-Baba, and all those other rides that a lot of parks have.

The difference between Waldameer and any other park?
The feeling you get when you walk in.
It's Family Owned, and the owner wants it to be a Family Park, and you definatly get the feeling when walking in.
I didn't get a feeling of it being a small park, or a feeling of boredom after 6 hours in the park.
I got the feeling of what an Amusement Park really should be.
Fun, Family, and somethnig everyone can love and afford.
Not 8 dollar sodas, or 15 dollar burgers, not the 55$ admission fee, or 10$ parking.
None of that.
It is a actual park, and that is what I love about it.
Just the feeling.
It's different from any other park I've been too, and most likely one of the only I can get that feeling from, you have to be there to feel it.

In other words, they are getting a new ride this year, the Disc-O. They are even having a naming contest, and the winner gets a Picnic for 24, with the shelter pavillion included, for free.

Which brings up another reason I love the park!
The landscaping.
Not the 1-tree-in-the-whole-park landscaping, the most of the park is forested and has like 8 picnic pavillions all in the forest, the park also has a lot of benches and shade, so you won't get as hot as quickly, and you can rest at places.
And since you can get in for free (Pay-per-Ride, or buy a wristband to shoot all day, or just come on in and enjoy your family) you can just come to enjoy your family, even if you don't like amusement park rides.

Ok, sorry, went on a little story there, just shows how much I love the park.
So anyway! I would love to hear about your favorite park and why!

jakncoke
04-19-2009, 08:05 PM
I've been to one so I guess it's my favorite even though I didn't ride the best ride because I didn't feel like waiting 2.5 hours in line, Darien Lakes outside of Buffalo is the only one I've been too, Probably will go to Cedar Point sometime within the next 3 years though.

Samus-Fan
04-19-2009, 08:13 PM
I've been to one so I guess it's my favorite even though I didn't ride the best ride because I didn't feel like waiting 2.5 hours in line, Darien Lakes outside of Buffalo is the only one I've been too, Probably will go to Cedar Point sometime within the next 3 years though.

Brother went to Darien Lake over the summer, I'm going to year, since my brothers Graduation Trip is a 8 day trip, hitting like 10 amusement parks.

LiNuX
04-19-2009, 08:33 PM
i used to love the one in Coney Island as a kid. had a lot of fun there - but right now I wouldn't call any park my favorite.

Riku-Nara
04-19-2009, 09:33 PM
CEDAR POINT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Band goes there every year.
And my middle school had a trip there every year.
Good times.

GrandMoff
04-19-2009, 11:14 PM
My favorite amusement park has to be Lands of Adventure at Orlando. What I really enjoy about that amusement park is the vast number of rollercoasters.

Choke On Candy
04-20-2009, 08:44 AM
My favorite amusement park has to be Lands of Adventure at Orlando. What I really enjoy about that amusement park is the vast number of rollercoasters.I also think the islands of adventure ;-) in Orlando is my favorite. Last year it was voted best in the world but its also has 2 parks.

EpsilonX
04-20-2009, 01:05 PM
favorite theme parks:

Epcot (my absolute favorite disney park)
Universal Studios Orlando (both parks)

favorite amusement parks:
Cedar Point
Six Flags Great America

yes, i've been to waldameer. I haven't been there in a great while though, the last time i went there was only 1 roller coaster, it was that wooden one nobody ever bothered to learn its name they just called it that roller coaster. I absolutely love the water park though. I went down the really steep speed slide a bunch of times in a row it was so much fun. i got sunburn though =[