PDA

View Full Version : L4D Patch April 21, 2009

LiNuX
04-21-2009, 07:00 PM
It seems that L4D had a huge update to the system. Here are the updates as I see them:

Versus mode now has Death Toll and Dead Air available for campaign selection
A new survival mode (have no idea what it is, will check it out)
Survival Mode has a new campaign called "Last Stand" along with the previous 4 campaigns.
I believe they have new achievements, there are 58 of them now, If I remember correctly it was 48 before.
The main option window had a change in background idle video - now it's a lighthouse.

That's all I've noticed so far. I'm about to try out survival mode and see how it is.

~LiNuX

Samus-Fan
04-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Awesome!
Can't wait to get this, I've been waiting for this for a while, thanks so much for letting me know about it.
Was this for PC only, or 360 aswell?

LiNuX
04-21-2009, 08:20 PM
I believe its on the 360 as well

I just played Survival mode for like 30 mins - I gotta say it pissed me off so many times lol. It's basically how long you can last. if you last 4 minutes you get the bronze medal, 7 its the silver, and 10 is the gold. So far I have 2 bronze medals and ALMOST had a silver. We went 6 minutes 58.xx Seconds. Stupid tank was near impossible to kill (The Church)

Oh and when the hunters spawn, you get like 5-6 at a time, same with smokers. Boomers come one by one which doesn't make sense. Hunters and Smokers have crazy HP the longer you stay.

but I have to say that it's pretty fun. Sometimes you just want to sit there and kill as many zombies as you can.

Exodyus
04-21-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm debating whether I should re-install L4D or not. I've been immersing myself in CS:S lately.

LiNuX
04-21-2009, 08:25 PM
I'm debating whether I should re-install L4D or not. I've been immersing myself in CS:S lately.

you should give the new mode a try at least, see how you like it - and later on you can always uninstall

Blackleo
04-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Why just not play em both ?!?!