PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne titles become Xbox Originals

Knibbler
04-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Microsoft has added Max Payne 1 & 2 to Xbox Live Originals.

These old retro gems cost 1200 Microsoft Points (GBP 10.20 / EUR 14.40) a piece.

Max Payne was ported to Xbox in 2002 and wasn't very good - not nearly as slick as the PC original. Max Payne 2 on Xbox, however, was much better.

The series was created by Remedy Entertainment and follows the actions of sulky hero Max Payne. This was famously one of the first games to incorporate bullet time.

Last year, Mark Wahlberg starred in a movie adaptation of Max Payne that was critically panned and left with a Metacritic average of 31 per cent.

Even more recently, Rockstar announced a third Max Payne game was in development at Rockstar Vancouver and will be released for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 this year.

I'll probably pick these up myself, I miss being able to use Bullet Time to slow the action down while diving around in slow motion firing two handguns... It was just awesome!

iShikamaru
04-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Bullet Time is fun...
I know I won't get any of them, however. Mostly as I have no Xbox or PS3, and my computers are pieces of junk. Fine for web surfing, not so much for games. They barely run Black and White, my second favorite game ever. (First is Super Mario 3 for the SNES.)

LordLameeks
04-28-2009, 03:52 AM
I love both of them kick a$$ games.... i might get them

Kitey
04-28-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm skeptical.

I wasn't crazy about the first Max Payne game. Maybe it will be better this time around.

jakncoke
04-28-2009, 02:01 PM
How is number 2? I have it just sitting around for the PS2 and well some day I'll play it. Is playing number 1 before 2 a better idea than just jumping into 2? cause I don't have 1 atm

Knibbler
04-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Number 2 was definately the better game and as far as I can remember, the story rolled through from 1 to 2 and will carry on into 3 when it's released.. So it's definately worth playing 1 before 2 but then that's just one man's opinion.

LordLameeks
04-29-2009, 12:27 AM
Number 2 was definately the better game and as far as I can remember, the story rolled through from 1 to 2 and will carry on into 3 when it's released.. So it's definately worth playing 1 before 2 but then that's just one man's opinion.

What?..... there isnt goin to be a max payne 3 (*****Spoiler***** he died in number 2)... why was number 3 announced?

jakncoke
04-29-2009, 01:46 AM
they did announce a 3 and you totally failed at spoilering that, goddam you suck.

Knibbler
04-29-2009, 02:37 AM
What?..... there isnt goin to be a max payne 3 (*****Spoiler***** he died in number 2)... why was number 3 announced?

Here's your proof.. Straight from the Rockstar rss feed!

Mon, 23 Mar 2009 - Rockstar Games is proud to announce that Max Payne 3 is currently in development and scheduled for a winter 2009 release on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC. Developed by Rockstar Vancouver, Max Payne 3 tells the story of a retired police detective embroiled in a world of corruption, turmoil and intense violence. The award-winning Max Payne franchise put players in the role of Max Payne, a hard-boiled New York City detective with a penchant for violence, out to avenge the death of his family. The latest installment delivers more of the classic elements and hyper-intense action that fans have come to love, while moving the story of Max in a new direction. "We're starting a new chapter of Max's life with this game," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "This is Max as we've never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever. We experience the downward spiral of his life after the events of Max Payne 2 and witness his last chance for salvation." Since leaving the NYPD and New York itself behind, Max has drifted from bad to worse. Double-crossed and a long way from home, Max is now trapped in a city full of violence and bloodshed, using his weapons and instincts in a desperate search for the truth and a way out.

Aeons
05-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Max Payne was good on PC.. din't like it on console.

LordLameeks
05-01-2009, 01:39 PM
they did announce a 3 and you totally failed at spoilering that, goddam you suck.
LOl well i wasn't tryin that hard....

Here's your proof.. Straight from the Rockstar rss feed!
Huh well that dont know maybe im wrong i haven't played in years maybe the person who dies is that girl forgot her name... all i know is the movie is nothing like the game thats for damm sho

Exodyus
05-01-2009, 02:09 PM
OMG SPOILER - He died in the movie too, but JK - not really! Lawls.

I'm not to sure on these games. I might bust it out for PC some day, but who knows...