PDA

View Full Version : Earlier Downtime Explained

LiNuX
04-28-2009, 05:34 PM
Some people may have noticed the forum being down from about 5-6 AM to around 2:30 PM. This thread will explain it all.

It first went down in the morning for a little Ram upgrade - it took just a few minutes, we were back up but not too long later, we had a little licensing issue with our control panel license where they believed it expired due to non payment (I always pay my bills) - so it took a few hours to clear up and I had to do most of it from class with my laptop, kind of annoying.

Hopefully this explains some of it. I've had a few people contact me via aim/msn and ask about it, thought I'd post it publicly.

Hopefully this won't happen again in the future and they have a better system of keeping track of payment and licenses.

~LiNuX

iShikamaru
04-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Well, they should have a better system...

RAM upgrades are nice, and it sucks the site was down, but it's great that it's back up.

Knibbler
04-28-2009, 05:36 PM
I was wondering about the downtime.
Thanks for clearing this up.

LiNuX
04-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Well, they should have a better system...

RAM upgrades are nice, and it sucks the site was down, but it's great that it's back up.

the thing is, they have an excellent system set up - I don't know how they screwed it up - I've had a license with them for our CP for a while now. guess it's just my luck - happens on the day I have a full day of class.

Flab-Ender
04-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Oh, well thanks a lot. I thought my internet was down. Well it's okay, at least you worked it out lol.

Jaykub
04-28-2009, 05:59 PM
I was wondering what happened. Glad we are back up and ready for action ;)

KittyCat72
04-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Well, I didn't really notice due to school, but I'm glad it's fixed. :-P

Kitey
04-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Lol I seriously thought that Jax' massively heavy, ginormous, bajillionty post thread broke the forums. (Sorry, Jax.) I was about to be amused.

This is less amusing, but much more rational, and makes me sound (and feel) like less of a total noob.

Choke On Candy
04-29-2009, 09:21 AM
the thing is, they have an excellent system set up - I don't know how they screwed it up - I've had a license with them for our CP for a while now. guess it's just my luck - happens on the day I have a full day of class.

So you were sitting in class not paying attention ...messing on your laptop for the forum??? Big geeker you care about us;-)

LiNuX
04-29-2009, 09:32 AM
So you were sitting in class not paying attention ...messing on your laptop for the forum??? Big geeker you care about us;-)

basically. not like I have to pay attention - just went for the attendance