PDA

View Full Version : THE QUESTIONAIRE! -Forum Game-

Exodyus
04-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Alright, here's the Deal-Oh!

The object of this is to use your common knowledge.
Don't try to spam-too much. Don't be sad if your excess is deleted to keep the game going.
Please - refrain from using Google, Reference books, or Anything else.
This is a knowledge exercise!

The way this works is I ask a question.
Whoever gets it right, gets to ask another question.
The next person to answer that one, asks his/her question.
And so on...

They NEED to be fact-based. Not rumors, assumptions, or "I'm not sure" questions.
You need to be 100% positive on each Question, because it's not to the fault of the Answerer if you screw your question up.

Trivia, Weird Facts, Fun Facts - look them up to be 100% positive, if you need to. Just be sure.

Question #1

What was Abraham Lincoln's wife's name?

Kitey
04-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Mary Todd.

What is the proper term for a group of ravens?

Exodyus
04-29-2009, 07:33 PM
The obvious guess would be flock - but that can't be so.

A peck?

LiNuX
04-29-2009, 07:34 PM
a murder?

I believe those are crows...

LemonRising
04-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Congress.

I think.

What does Blitzkrieg mean? B |

Id.E.M
04-29-2009, 07:46 PM
A tactic used by the Germans in World War II that relies on speed and stealthy-ness (word?) "Lightning attack"

What is Phi?

Exodyus
04-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Lightning Fast Attack! <3

I have Eyedome ignored.

Id.E.M
04-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Lawlz!
That's what happens when you put someone on ignore.......

EpsilonX
04-29-2009, 10:06 PM
A tactic used by the Germans in World War II that relies on speed and stealthy-ness (word?) "Lightning attack"

What is Phi?

its a greek letter?

Id.E.M
04-30-2009, 05:25 AM
Oh. Woops. I should have specified: What is its meaning in mathematics?
Yes, though.

Kitey
04-30-2009, 09:37 AM
My question still hasn't been answered. ;-) Close, Lemon, but no.
It's still open.

And Linux--you're right about the crows.

LemonRising
04-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Oh I'm gonna go cheat now.
I was sure that was it.

Ooh I was right.
but there is another term.
So a group of Ravens is called either a Congress or an Unkindness.

EpsilonX
04-30-2009, 12:07 PM
phi is pi with an extra letter, which is 3.14159265358979323846

LemonRising
04-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Lmfao!
Was he talking about pi?
O lawd.

Also, Eyedem, Exo, you're both kinda wrong >:
Lightning warz plz.

Id.E.M
04-30-2009, 04:08 PM
PHI geniuses! Not pi!
And lawl at Lemon-Juice. Blitzkrieg is the name of the fighting style. By definition, not a war. Although, it could be employed as the sole strategy, making it, in fact, a "Lightning War." Otherwise, we're both right, all the Exo-phile's <3 is rather unorthodox.......
xD

Jjjet1
04-30-2009, 04:14 PM
I'm guessing she meant the actual meaning of it not the way the Germans used it as.

Id.E.M
04-30-2009, 04:18 PM
That IS the actual meaning of it. The strategy itself was utilized by the Germans, and thus the strategy is endowed with the German name.
You still have Phi.......

Samus-Fan
04-30-2009, 04:19 PM
I believe I remember talking about this with my dad...
Phi is the golden ratio, or 1.618.
More Decimals I think, but that is all I remember.

EDIT:
Forgot my question, so here it is:

What is the only LED size that would fit into a DS Fat when case modding the top of it?

Like the top of this one:
YouTube - ONDS DS - Noir's Nintendo DS mod (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKHT-XecklA)

Oh, and don't look at the video on Youtube.com, because it shows the size.

Id.E.M
04-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Fo sho, my Sam-dog-izzle-all-up-in-da-h00d.
You're correct in your assumption that it is, in fact, a non-terminating decimal.
Ask away

Jjjet1
04-30-2009, 04:23 PM
She sounded like she wanted the literal meaning. Kiteys answer isn't even answered yet.

Id.E.M
04-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Lawl. That IS the literal meaning. "Lightning strike."

Exodyus
04-30-2009, 05:21 PM
That is true - I must agree. But stop arguing, it doesn't matter.

This is a game and that's the point.
Also - everyone participating MUST phrase their answers correctly.
If they're not phrased right and you get a "kinda" right answer based on what the question was, but not what you wanted - tough sh;t! Lol.

Proceed. Samus - your question.

Kitey
04-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Oh hm! Lemon was right. I always thought it was a parliament of ravens and a murder of crows. But parliament is for owls and unkindness is cooler, so ya!! Woot!

I have another one thought that you guys really won't get (and that I am dead sure about. :D). I'ma wait my turn. Go go Samus!!!

Id.E.M
04-30-2009, 07:36 PM
Samus already went. Read his edit. I'm stumped =P

Kitey
04-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Same. I don't own a DS. :(

Samus-Fan
04-30-2009, 09:59 PM
If you guys can't answer it by tomorrow, I'll give ya the answer.
You won't find it online, and you most likely won't be able to answer, it's pretty tough.

Exodyus
05-01-2009, 12:15 AM
The point of the game is to NOT LOOK online for the answer.
If you do, you're just cheating yourself and only you'd know you were really a tool trying to be cool on an internet forum. Lol.

And I own a DS, but not the fat one - and this question isn't relevant to anything, which makes it all the harder. XD I have no clue.
I'm not into LED sizes and anyone who would know this - has done it, therefore you're probably the only one. Lol.

Kitey
05-01-2009, 09:02 AM
Yup yup--internet is just a fact checker to mediate a dispute. If you go to it first, you fail at life.

Samus-Fan
05-01-2009, 02:46 PM
That message was for the cheaters.
And since I know that no one will know this, it is LED size 0603.
Something I learned when I started modding my DS.
Got them ordered and I can start soon :D

Next person can go, I gotta think of another question.

Kitey
05-01-2009, 04:20 PM
I have one. But I'll wait if someone else wants to go. :)

Id.E.M
05-01-2009, 04:58 PM
I have one. But I'll wait if someone else wants to go. :)

Lawl:laugh: I want to hear this "super-ultra-amazing-extra-unanswerable question" of yours...
Just go!

Kitey
05-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Okay okay--

What is the proper word for the crunchy crumbs in the corner of your eyes when you wake up?

Id.E.M
05-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Haha. Trick question! As far as I know, there is no scientific name for eye crust. Unless, of course, you're referring to Lacrimal Fluid, which is just tears xD

Kitey
05-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Wrong.

It's not a trick question. Snot isn't a medical term, but we all know what it is. :-P This is eyesnot or eye boogers, but it isn't called eyesnot or eye boogers. This is a specific word for eyesnot (or eye boogers).

Told you it would be a bit tough.

Id.E.M
05-02-2009, 10:50 AM
o.O Well then. I just got told.........
lawlzore. Isn't the crust a compilation of pooled tears, mucous, and various other particles that collect while you're sleeping since your eyelashes aren't actively removing them? Who would take the time to name that?
Fun Fact: Naming random scientific discoveries is like naming videogames: the cooler the name, the more likely it is that people won't laugh at it and set it on fire

Kitey
05-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Eyeboogers on Fire? Sounds like a Morrissey song.

The crap in your eyes that crunches around when you wake up in the morning is called gound.

It's one of a number of truly horrible words that I know--like groak, which means to linger around pitifully watching someone else eat something you want, in the hopes that they will offer you some.

Next question!!!!

Id.E.M
05-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Eyeboogers on Fire? Sounds like a Morrissey song.

The crap in your eyes that crunches around when you wake up in the morning is called gound.

It's one of a number of truly horrible words that I know--like groak, which means to linger around pitifully watching someone else eat something you want, in the hopes that they will offer you some.

Next question!!!!

:laugh:You sure you just didn't look in the "G" section of the dictionary? haha

Question: What element has the atomic number of 101?
Fun Fact: Lopadotemachoselachogaleokranioleipsanodrimhypotri mmatosilphioparaomelitokatakechymenokichlepikossyp hophattoperisteralektryonoptekephalliokigklopeleio lagoiosiraiobaphetraganopterygon
is a fictional dish created by Aristophanes, in his work "Assemblywomen." Look it up ;D

Kitey
05-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Ooh. That's a good question. /thinkthinkthink!

Lol I didn't need a dictionary to find my question. I used to do a "word of the day" with my freshmen a few years back and this was one of their faves. :) That and jumentous, which means of the color, frothiness, and stinkiness of horse urine.

Id.E.M
05-04-2009, 08:40 AM
Ooh. That's a good question. /thinkthinkthink!

Lol I didn't need a dictionary to find my question. I used to do a "word of the day" with my freshmen a few years back and this was one of their faves. :) That and jumentous, which means of the color, frothiness, and stinkiness of horse urine.

Haha:laugh: I was too lazy to think of a decent question. Having the periodic table memorized sure does help ;-):D