PDA

View Full Version : Hydroxycut to be recalled

jakncoke
05-01-2009, 06:47 PM
FDA announces recall of popular diet pill
Hydroxycut linked to reports of liver damage, other health problems

Breaking news
updated 11 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Government health officials are announcing the recall of popular weight loss pill Hydroxycut, after reports of liver damage and other health problems.

Food and Drug Administration officials said Friday the manufacturer of Hydroxycut has launched a nationwide recall of the dietary supplement, used by people trying to shed pounds and by body builders to sharpen their muscles.

Hydroxycut is advertised as made from natural ingredients. It accounts for about 90 percent of the market for weight loss supplements, with sales of about 1 million bottles a year.

Dietary supplements are not as tightly regulated by the government as medications. Manufacturers don't need FDA approval ahead of time before marketing their products.

Too bad people won't do the good ol' fashioned eat healthy and exercise, 90 pct market share that won't disappear as it should but just move on to something that is still on the market

Raw!
05-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Wow.
And I saw a commercial of it about 2 days ago.

LiNuX
05-02-2009, 09:52 AM
not surprised - don't know why people would try to take the easy way out when it comes to health - it doesn't always work out as planned...

Iceskater101
05-07-2009, 07:24 PM
and people try to take the easy way out....

Jaykub
05-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Get skinny and kill your liver... Whats the catch?

Lazarius
05-10-2009, 08:39 AM
Yet, Aspartame is still licensed for use? That has been linked to cancerous grows due to its being a source of Phenylalanine. So, they do not have to tell you the drink has Aspartame (Trade name nurosweet - in America), but they do have to use the legal warning of Phenylalanine.

Hmmm.

I say just eat healthy - If you want a Coke, Have a normal Coke. Diet stuff has always looked bad and I am certain that Sugar is healthier in small amounts then any of these sweetning chemicals.

Just my thoughts^^