PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Do you think GOW2 is a fantasy game?

unscsprt
05-09-2009, 10:54 PM
You'd have to be really dumb to think GOW2 is a fantasy game, but some people are just that dumb.

Take this poll to prove that you are no n00b.

Iceskater101
05-09-2009, 10:54 PM
is it just me or for me this poll didnt show up..
but I agree with you i dont consider gow 2 to be a fantasy game

Flab-Ender
05-10-2009, 12:51 PM
I don't see how it isn't a fantasy game. What else could it be?

unscsprt
05-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Wouldn't you consider it more scifi? I thought fantasy usually meant like, elves and magic and stuff like that. And I'm pretty sure the lancer doesn't count as a magic wand, even if it does kill like one lol.

Juicyz
05-10-2009, 11:29 PM
I voted the choice that said Im A Nweb. Elves and Magic = FTW and Also GOW 2 Suckz..

Flab-Ender
05-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Wouldn't you consider it more scifi? I thought fantasy usually meant like, elves and magic and stuff like that. And I'm pretty sure the lancer doesn't count as a magic wand, even if it does kill like one lol.

No, when I think of sci-fi, I think more futuristic, maybe more scientific. this is based of the Greek or Roman(which ever one it is) which isn't scienctific, more fiction and fantasy.

EpsilonX
05-11-2009, 05:20 PM
how is a dude that killed ares and has burning chains attached to his arms that fights hydras and stuff NOT fantasy?

edit: oh you mean gears of war not god of war. why are we talking about that lame game where all u do is shoot stuff

unscsprt
05-11-2009, 06:09 PM
No, when I think of sci-fi, I think more futuristic, maybe more scientific. this is based of the Greek or Roman(which ever one it is) which isn't scienctific, more fiction and fantasy.

I guess you're right about not being very scifi. I'd say it's just mindless killing lol, maybe classified as action third person shooter. I also agree with everyone who said this isn't one of the better games available.

Flab-Ender
05-11-2009, 06:18 PM
OHHHHHHH, I thought you were talking about God of War. Lol sorry. well in that case, it sort of half and half in my opinion.

LordLameeks
05-11-2009, 06:24 PM
I like tha game i mean its not the best game ever but it is fun... i say its a 7/10.... i guess its a fantasy shooter..

unscsprt
05-11-2009, 06:25 PM
OHHHHHHH, I thought you were talking about God of War. Lol sorry. well in that case, it sort of half and half in my opinion.

Lol, I forgot god of war is GOW too.

Jjjet1
05-13-2009, 11:34 AM
SPAM

WTF is this??

But I personally think that Gears of War is fantasy. It is a game that is unreal. Just because it is a shooter doesn't mean it isn't Halo is a fantasy game too.

jakncoke
05-13-2009, 12:01 PM
just some spam that is now vanished jj

Flab-Ender
05-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Now that I think of it, I have never played either of the Gears of Wars. Was planning on it for a while but then got caught up in a few things.....maybe I should give it a try.

EpsilonX
05-19-2009, 02:08 AM
well the vast majority of games are fantasy games. Just depends on what kind of fantasy.

I only consider stuff like oblivion and like dragons and spirits and colossus and magic, that's fantasy.

calling gears of war fantasy is like calling resistance fantasy, and i dont consider resistance a fantasy game

Jjjet1
05-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Then what would you call it then? Because it's obviously NOT non-fiction. Anythnig none-fiction is fiction which is also fantasy. People just like to relate fantasy with dragons and magic spells.

fan·ta·sy (fān'tə-sē, -zē)
n. pl. fan·ta·sies

The creative imagination; unrestrained fancy. See Synonyms at imagination.
Something, such as an invention, that is a creation of the fancy.
A capricious or fantastic idea; a conceit.

Fiction characterized by highly fanciful or supernatural elements.
An example of such fiction.
An imagined event or sequence of mental images, such as a daydream, usually fulfilling a wish or psychological need.
An unrealistic or improbable supposition.
Music See fantasia.
A coin issued especially by a questionable authority and not intended for use as currency.
Obsolete A hallucination.

Source: Dictionary.com

Master Ackrovan
05-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Its as much a fantasy game as Halo is.

- The Great Archon

LemonRising
05-19-2009, 11:03 PM
I'm a bit mixed on this.
Though it's most likely fantasy.

FANTASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

There's nothing wrong with frilly elves bouncing around fields
waving their magic wands at you

puds
06-23-2009, 01:49 PM
I wouldn't say that it's fantasy more like sci-fi like everyone else is saying but I can see how it could be a fantasy game. Locust do look remotely like orcs :D

EpsilonX
06-26-2009, 10:52 AM
yeah, there's a difference between sci-fi and fantasy.

gears of war is sci fi.

AquafinaLime
08-04-2009, 12:27 PM
I said yes because I want people to make a GoW with dancing unicorns and magical elves :]

Iceskater101
08-06-2009, 06:31 PM
I said yes because I want people to make a GoW with dancing unicorns and magical elves :]

GOW with unicorns and elves?
i would how that would work out..
they would have to make the unicorns very vicious and have the elves to help you to defeat the evil unicorns