PDA

View Full Version : Adultism

Flab-Ender
05-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Is there a rule against this, because I know some people on the forum that use it and it is very irritating and insulting to some of us young folk?

LiNuX
05-11-2009, 03:28 PM
no rules against adultism - to be honest, that shouldn't even be an "Ism" because everybody was a kid once in their life.

and usually the people that blatantly show "adultism" is just trying to push your buttons to see what makes you tick. if you're mature about it no one will care but some people tend to lash out.

Flab-Ender
05-11-2009, 03:32 PM
But I mean I don't even respond to some of the posts and it still ticks me off. These people have no respect for us and look down on us. Thinking that they are better than us. It is insulting to us.

Kujo
05-11-2009, 04:00 PM
But, I AM better than you....

LiNuX
05-11-2009, 04:52 PM
But I mean I don't even respond to some of the posts and it still ticks me off. These people have no respect for us and look down on us. Thinking that they are better than us. It is insulting to us.

you are saying that like you are going to be 14 for the rest of your life.

see the point?

EpsilonX
05-11-2009, 05:08 PM

dude it's always gonna happen. honestly, you're going to grow up and when you're like 18 you're gonna think back on your days being 14 and you're gonna think "wow i was ***in stupid" just ignore ppl's egos.

Flab-Ender
05-11-2009, 06:24 PM
dude it's always gonna happen. honestly, you're going to grow up and when you're like 18 you're gonna think back on your days being 14 and you're gonna think "wow i was ***in stupid" just ignore ppl's egos.

Alright, what ever.

LordLameeks
05-11-2009, 06:32 PM

I understand what u mean i see your point but you have to understand older people have "experienced" more stuff.... i know you think you know everthing cuz your in highskool but really dont... i use to be tha same way so yeah..

EpsilonX
05-11-2009, 06:54 PM
I understand what u mean i see your point but you have to understand older people have "experienced" more stuff.... i know you think you know everthing cuz your in highskool but really dont... i use to be tha same way so yeah..

yeah thats basically what i was sayin. Back in high school i was a lot less experienced, but once i hit college it was like BAM insta-maturity.

and sometimes young kids do stuff or say they're gonna do stuff, and older people who have done that and stuff, and know that it's a bad idea, tend to speak up.

LemonRising
05-11-2009, 07:45 PM
I treat people on how they act.
If you happen to act your age, then you are your age and if you have a problem with that talk to God.

Adults are 'better' than you, they just know how stupid young folk are (most of em) and also kick themselves in the ass for being a stupid little 12 year old who thought they knew everything.

But honestly.
Ignore it cause it's the internet.

If you follow that you can survive.

Exodyus
05-11-2009, 07:47 PM
I treat people on how they act.
If you happen to act your age, then you are your age and if you have a problem with that talk to God.

Adults are 'better' than you, they just know how stupid young folk are (most of em) and also kick themselves in the ass for being a stupid little 12 year old who thought they knew everything.

But honestly.
Ignore it cause it's the internet.

If you follow that you can survive.

Quoted for Truth.
I also tend to pick on people to see how they'll respond. Like my own cute little research tests, in which only 1 person has successfully passed on this forum...

Blackbird
05-11-2009, 08:04 PM
I have seen a few reports of this don't see this would be bad.

Riku-Nara
05-11-2009, 10:49 PM
To whoever keeps reporting Epsilon's post, please stop.
***in isn't report worthy.

And adultism isn't that important, since everyone's going to be an adult one day.
That's like, my dad making fun of me for not being as old as him, even though i will be, in some odd years.

jakncoke
05-11-2009, 10:59 PM

And adultism isn't that important, since everyone's going to be an adult one day.
That's like, my dad making fun of me for not being as old as him, even though i will be, in some odd years.
:laugh: I haven't received one report pm since becoming mod. sucks to be you.

Exodyus
05-12-2009, 03:27 PM

You probably have lesser privileges. ;)
For good reason.

jakncoke
05-12-2009, 03:37 PM
har har har your such a friggin crybaby.

Yuuki
05-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Well, I would say the only advice I can come up with is the same as EpsilonX's. :/
Just ignore it.
I do, and I don't have a problem with anyone here. lol
But I do see where you're coming from.

Id.E.M
05-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Quoted for Truth.
I also tend to pick on people to see how they'll respond. Like my own cute little research tests, in which only 1 person has successfully passed on this forum...

Oh-oh-oh. Can I guess who passed? Was it Kitty? Or Kitey? Or Yuuki? Maybe Steve?

Well, I would say the only advice I can come up with is the same as EpsilonX's. :/
Just ignore it.
I do, and I don't have a problem with anyone here. lol
But I do see where you're coming from.

Yup. Ignoring it is the smartest route. Although there isn't really much to ignore........
But now and then, when I'm feeling rather arrogant/obnoxious/bored, taking the bait proves to be the most fulfilling option =D haha

Btw, thanks for reminding me. Better change my age =P

jakncoke
05-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Lemonrising is probably who passed

Id.E.M
05-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Lemonrising is probably who passed

Hmm. Forgot about her =P Yea, most likely. Or he could be making this up to see how we react as part of a test.........

hidekipooj
05-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Just remember 2000 years ago if you were 14 you'd be past middle-age.

It's the internet, there are no rules when it comes to picking on people for whatever reason (age,race,religion,console...lol)

LemonRising
05-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Maybe I passed...
Or maybe I was never tested B|

WE'LL NEVER KNOW.
NEVER.

Yuuki
05-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Oh-oh-oh. Can I guess who passed? Was it Kitty? Or Kitey? Or Yuuki? Maybe Steve?

Lol I've never really chatted with Exodyus, sooo I doubt it could have been me. XD
I have a few guesses who it may have been.
Buuut I dunno. ~.~
Anyway, moving on.. xD

Trunks
05-14-2009, 09:21 PM

That's because you get them over email not a pm.

Jaykub
05-14-2009, 11:05 PM
After reading this all I can see is everyone thinks that all kids are retarded and we will see this when we are 18?

LemonRising
05-15-2009, 12:33 AM
After reading this all I can see is everyone thinks that all kids are retarded and we will see this when we are 18?

Bingo
Well
Not exactly 18.
Whenever you mature and grow up.
It varies.

Jaykub
05-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Bingo
Well
Not exactly 18.
Whenever you mature and grow up.
It varies.

I never plan on growing up on gf. It bothers to many people.

LemonRising
05-15-2009, 12:54 AM
I never plan on growing up on gf. It bothers to many people.

Good for you.

Keep living the dream.

jakncoke
05-15-2009, 03:21 PM
I never plan on growing up either, I don't think I should have my life set in the perimeters that society has set it in place just because they think that's how we should live our lives

EpsilonX
05-15-2009, 09:01 PM

what the *** did i ***in do man?

*** this ***