PDA

View Full Version : Mercs 2

jakncoke
05-15-2009, 03:24 PM
So I started last night and plan on playing till I beat it as it seems rather short, start about midnight stopped at like 3 and nearly finished 1/5th of the game. Liking the game, not nearly as fun as the first but that's okay. I noticed the score in this game is outstanding, huge improvement. You get money far too easy, easy 2.4 million already, didn't beat Mercs but got about 2/3 done and never got above 600k

hidekipooj
05-15-2009, 04:01 PM
I thought MERCS 2 was a huge improvement on the first one. Just wait till you get the whole map available, and the U.S./China factions. PICK THE CHINESE SIDE, their missions are awesome.

I also love how you can actually run over trees, whereas in the first one they were made of steel and could put your jeep going 70 MPH to a dead stop. LAWLS.

Flab-Ender
05-15-2009, 06:50 PM
I haven't played the first one, though the second one I think is great. It's almost like a clean version of GTA in a way.

Jjjet1
05-16-2009, 05:29 PM
I'll get this game because I heard that the first one was great! ;) Bah! I wish work was already over... :(

jakncoke
05-16-2009, 11:54 PM
I thought MERCS 2 was a huge improvement on the first one. Just wait till you get the whole map available, and the U.S./China factions. PICK THE CHINESE SIDE, their missions are awesome.

I also love how you can actually run over trees, whereas in the first one they were made of steel and could put your jeep going 70 MPH to a dead stop. LAWLS.

things I liked about the first over this one thus far.

-the 52 card storyline
- about 5-6 hours of gameplay I'm already 34% done and It seems I haven't even done anything, the first seemed to be longer
- too easy to get money in the 2nd.

other than the normal last gen to current gen transitions of upgraded physics and graphics there isn't much to speak of so far. the music definetly got better though, you mention running over running over trees, imo they fall to easily, just like poles and signs.

ambergris
06-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Are we talkin' 'bout current gen or the Mercs 2 ported for PS2?

jakncoke
06-09-2009, 12:22 PM
I am talking PS3 version, I was going to buy the PS2 version back a couple months ago when Mercs 2 PS3 was 60 and PS2 version was 30 but after reading a little bit I read that they didn't try very hard on the port and the PS2 version is fail.

ambergris
06-09-2009, 12:44 PM
That's what I thought. I happened to be in WalMart and saw Mercs 2 for 19 bucks and said oh wow and bought it, because I loved the first one.

But a little voice told me to do a little research before I opened the package and I'm glad I did.

I sadly went back and got a refund. ;(

-SACHMO-
06-09-2009, 05:40 PM
I haven't played needs 2 before
Is it similar to the saints row franchise?

jakncoke
06-09-2009, 08:01 PM
I haven't played needs 2 before
Is it similar to the saints row franchise?

No. the only thing that similar about saints row franchise and mercs is there both sandbox games.