PDA

View Full Version : Top 20 for April

Exodyus
05-16-2009, 08:48 AM
It's NPD sales day today at Kotaku Tower, which means not only console sales data, but PC data as well. Like the top 20-selling retail PC games for the month of April.

Note these are only retail games. So the list doesn't include titles downloaded over services like Steam and Direct2Drive. But hey, while it's not perfect reading, it's still interesting reading.

Or, it would be if games like Empire: Total War were at the top. But they're not. With Empire and Dawn of War II dropping down the charts, it's left to Warcraft and The Sims to cosy back up to the top spots. Boring. And, uh, what's going on at #20? Anyone? Ideas?

1. World Of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
2. The Sims 2 Double Deluxe
3. World Of Warcraft: Battle Chest
4. Company Of Heroes: Tales Of Valour
5. Empire: Total War
6. World Of Warcraft
7. Left 4 Dead
8. DemiGod
9. Diablo Battle Chest
10. The Sims 2 Apartment Life
11. Spore
12. Warcraft III Battle Chest
13. Starcraft: Battle Chest
14. World Of Warcraft: Burning Crusade
15. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War II
16. Sim City Box
17. Bejeweled Twist
18. Fallout 3
19. The Sims 2 Pets
20. Hidden & Dangerous 2

I've played maybe -- 3 games on this list? Lol.
And it cracks me up that Bejeweled Twist even made it on there.

Kitey
05-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Dayam. Blizz is dominating the top 20. I think it's hax that WoW is counted so many times because of the different versions of the packaging of the game, and I find it surprising that the WCIII Battle Chest is still selling so well.

Bejeweled is teh awesomesawce. There is a WoW addon that lets you play Bejeweled while you are in the game.

omg conspiracy

LiNuX
05-17-2009, 11:24 PM
bejeweled - game with the "match three jewels and get points" ? if it's that game and it was on the Sega Genesis years back then yeah..i agree with kitey there, the game was great lol

I know blizzard is happy...and sims got up there 4 times lol, Haven't played a sims game in years.

jakncoke
05-17-2009, 11:27 PM
will be interesting to see how high Sims 3 gets when the June numbers are released in July

LemonRising
05-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Blizzard: 7/20

Wow.

and YAY DIABLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
AND STARCRAFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TT

idk
that list is kinda.
sad.

Jaykub
05-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Wow.

I don't see how Wow made it 4 time son the list.

I bet sims 3 will top them all soon