PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty WAW uses MW hype to reach big numbers

jakncoke
06-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Last week marked the release of the Call of Duty: World at War DLC, Map Pack 2; following the stellar performance of Map Pack 1, which has sold over 2 Million units!

We're also very excited to announce that Call of Duty: World at War has surpassed 11 Million units sold since it launched in November of 2008!

These outstanding feats would have never been possible without the continued dedication and support from all of the loyal Call of Duty fans. For that, we at Treyarch and Activision would like to extend our sincerest Thank You. We're honored and humbled to have one of the greatest online communities in video game history behind our products!

Call of Duty, World at War (http://www.callofduty.com/intel/230?path=intel/230&path=intel/230)

Modern Warfare 2 is going to be a beast.

LordLameeks
06-15-2009, 03:08 PM
yeah mw2 is goin to sell way more... at my local gamestop there already had 250 reverved and that was a month ago....

jakncoke
06-15-2009, 03:34 PM
for anyone wondering how COD4 is doing, it passed 13 million last month

Call of Duty 4 Sales Pass 13 Million Mark - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads
(http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58537)

LiNuX
06-15-2009, 03:38 PM
i know the makers must be really happy with those numbers

and congrats to cod4 - very impressive

Cervantes
06-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Yea i can't wait to get my hands on this new call of duty....i have been playing the series since cod uo on the pc. Is there any mention of zombies being introduced in this one as well? I liked (not loved) the zombie game in waw. Some changes that would make me love it would for them to make more maps for zombies at release. I don't like that i have to dump cash just for a new zombie map....plus i don't have a hard drive yet so i bought the first map pack using my friend hard drive which i had to give back so therefor i don't have it anymore. But i expected that, and I'm sure they didn't that for not only some cash but to see the reaction of the player to the zombie game. Also i great change or maybe different zombie scenario added on to the regular zombie game would be a team death match zombie mod like the one in cod uo. (All of the cod uo player should know this) Start the game with one zombie that has lots of health that gets randomly picked and the survivors have to fight him off.....and for every person that gets killed join the ranks of the zombies. The survivors have to fight off this horde for a determined time period that can be changed. I loved that mod very much in UO and would love to see it added into MW2 in addition to the normal zombie mod.