PDA

View Full Version : People to People

KittyCat72
08-19-2009, 04:13 PM
So... I got this letter from the People to People organization or something offering for me to be a student ambassador in England, France, and Italy. I thought that was pretty cool, and I'm going to go if I can, but I wanted to know if anybody has heard of this...? I was on the website and I've talked to people about it, and well, I don't really know the costs. I've heard it might be free, or than again, it could be really expensive. If it's the latter, I guess I'll be doing a fundraiser or just not going. :-P

LiNuX
08-19-2009, 05:11 PM
I've heard of them but never really looked into them. But if you do get a chance to go and if the cost is free OR affordable then you should take the opportunity. It's great experience and not many will be able to put something like that on their resumes in the future. Definitely something to look into.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. (Hopefully it's free, who doesn't like free?)

LemonRising
08-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Wow thats really cool!

Yeah, if you can, take the opportunity!
That would be awesome if it was free too.

If I was into helping people I'd be jealous.
But if I was offered that I'd fake it just for the trip.
<:

Iceskater101
08-20-2009, 11:09 PM
wow that would be awesome if you could go!
it would be a great opportunity for you to experience what life is like somewhere else

KittyCat72
08-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Yeah, it would be cool if I could go, and it would look really great in my college application. I'm going to sign up for the meeting where we'll find out all the information.

xmtxm
08-31-2009, 08:52 PM
If you get that opportunity take it. You do not get many chances like this. So take it. I would.

antirez
09-01-2009, 10:40 PM
definitely do it!

I got to go to spain for a summer and loved it, if you dont take it youll regret it.

KittyCat72
09-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Well, I signed up for the meeting, so I guess I'll go and see what it's about. If it's not too expensive, I might be able to do a fundraiser or something to get the money.

xmtxm
09-07-2009, 01:09 AM
definitely do it!

I got to go to spain for a summer and loved it, if you dont take it youll regret it.

Thank you for encouraging him. I went to Nicaragua this summer to help build a school. It was an opportunity of a lifetime. I would suggest fundraise as much as you can and go for it.