PDA

View Full Version : Marching band anyone?

Iceskater101
09-07-2009, 11:42 AM
When you were in school, or if your in school now were you in marching band?
I just started this year because this was the year that I was able to do it and so far its been fun.
anyone else besides me who has been in marching band?

Street_Soldier69
09-07-2009, 12:07 PM
i pick on all the kids in the marching band at my school, everyone does, and no i have never been in the marching band, and never will.

RaiDae
09-07-2009, 12:17 PM
We have no marching band. lol. we have violin, bass, wind and choir thinkgies though. i was in the choir - it was awesome. We went to italy and germany and sing in some really huge and fancy places.
then i left 'cos i had to much work. ah well

Riku-Nara
09-07-2009, 02:18 PM
i pick on all the kids in the marching band at my school, everyone does, and no i have never been in the marching band, and never will.

You should've been at lathrup last year.
We had some real jiggas in band.

Samus-Fan
09-07-2009, 03:19 PM
I have a ton of my friends in Marching Band, but I personally hated band.
I did Trumpet in 5th grade and absolutely hated it, lol.

But a ton of my friends, most of them, are in Marching Band.

Id.E.M
09-07-2009, 03:58 PM
*no comment*

xmtxm
09-07-2009, 07:03 PM

I hate people who pick on other people because they do an activity. Stop doing that.
----
Im not in a marching band becasue..
1.There is no marching band
2. I do not play an instrument

KittyCat72
09-07-2009, 07:18 PM

Looks like the tables have turned... I'm in marching band and I could pick on you... but I won't... because that would be abusing my mod powers. :-P

Yeah, so I play saxophone, this is my 3rd year, and I'm section leader. I love band, but it keeps me really busy sometimes.

So Iceskater, what do you play? And what's you marching band show theme?

MissLEGENDARY
09-07-2009, 07:59 PM
I was in the marching band....well I was on the color guard but that still counts as a part of the marching band I guess. I loved it. It was one of my favorite parts of high school.

Street_Soldier69
09-08-2009, 05:20 PM
I hate people who pick on other people because they do an activity. Stop doing that.
----
Im not in a marching band becasue..
1.There is no marching band
2. I do not play an instrument

i dont pick on them cause their in the marching band i pick on them cause they suck, and theyre nerds

Ubernerd
09-08-2009, 08:01 PM
...and theyre nerds

/ : )

Now now, Street Soldier. There's no need to be rude.

Jaykub
09-08-2009, 10:15 PM
/ : )

says ubernerd

xmtxm
09-09-2009, 12:46 AM

Thank you. There is no need to be mean.

Street_Soldier69
09-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Thank you. There is no need to be mean.

i can be mean if i like, if im not calling you a name, so its fine, so deal with it

Samus-Fan
09-09-2009, 04:31 PM
I lol at people who call others 'nerds'.
Marching Band is tough. Anyone who isn't in it, Football, Color Guard, or I'll even say Soccer can't handle a challenge.
If you call someone a nerd because they are doing something that is much harder than your button smashing Mortal Combat video game, then really, you're the loser there.

Band is harder then people think, and plus, all my friends in band are amazing, no joke.
Well, except Kulas. LOL.

Street_Soldier69
09-09-2009, 04:51 PM
I lol at people who call others 'nerds'.
Marching Band is tough. Anyone who isn't in it, Football, Color Guard, or I'll even say Soccer can't handle a challenge.
If you call someone a nerd because they are doing something that is much harder than your button smashing Mortal Combat video game, then really, you're the loser there.

Band is harder then people think, and plus, all my friends in band are amazing, no joke.
Well, except Kulas. LOL.

WTF are you talking about, nerds dont play video games, if you have noticed about 95% of america is getting into gaming, im calling them nerds cause theyare super smart that they have to be put into special smart classes, and they have never had a girlfriend, and you cant say soccer is a sport, cause its not, its a hobbie, and what the hell is color guard? and why talk about video game slike mortal kombat when you know you have played it? i played football i 8th grade year thank you, i played DE

Riku-Nara
09-09-2009, 05:53 PM
im calling them nerds cause they are super smart that they have to be put into special smart classes, and they have never had a girlfriend,

I could see you calling them nerds if they played dungeons and dragons or something. But really?
Being in advanced classes makes you a nerd?
You have to be an average kid to not be a nerd?
And @the girlfriend thing.
Really?
I mean, aren't you like in the 9th grade to begin with?
****, i didn't have one till junior year.
I mean, sure, the nights were cold, and unbearably lonely.
But still.
Those are some ****ty ass reasons.
And you're on a gaming forum.
You're not really in the position to call someone a nerd.
Specially with the way you post.

Iceskater101
09-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Street Soldier, not all band geeks are super smart and have never had a girlfriend/boyfriend before thats stereotypical
Most of the people in marching band actually are dating, and they aren't the super geeks who take all advanced placement classes.
just letting you know that

Trunks
09-09-2009, 09:48 PM
WTF are you talking about, nerds dont play video games, if you have noticed about 95% of america is getting into gaming, im calling them nerds cause theyare super smart that they have to be put into special smart classes, and they have never had a girlfriend, and you cant say soccer is a sport, cause its not, its a hobbie, and what the hell is color guard? and why talk about video game slike mortal kombat when you know you have played it? i played football i 8th grade year thank you, i played DE

oh wow lol.

First of all, anyone can play video games, nerds, band geeks, preps, athletes, it doesn't matter. Just because you do a curtain thing doesn't mean you can't play video games. And lol, so being smart is a nerd? So what would you call someone that keeps a 4.0 average and plays sports? Would they be a Nerd or an Athlete? Or an Athletic Nerd? What if they dress in darker clothes. Would be a Athletic Goth Nerd? Your thinking is far from logical.Also, you play video games obviously. So since you play football, that means you're not a nerd?

And Also, Soccer is a sport lol. It takes just as much effort to play soccer as it does football. What makes soccer not a sport?

Street_Soldier69
09-09-2009, 10:55 PM
im not even going to bother reading all of that.

and most of them still play pokemon, i mean c'mon, who plays pokemon in high school

Knibbler
09-09-2009, 11:09 PM
...and you cant say soccer is a sport, cause its not, its a hobbie....

Do you honestly put any thought into what you say?

Although soccer, or football to us brits, may not be as popular in the US compared the american football.. It is a SPORT played worldwide!

I may even be bold enough to say that it is THE biggest sport played worldwide.

Street_Soldier69
09-09-2009, 11:11 PM
i have an idea why dont everyone DROP THE SUBJECT about what i say. and keep your comments to yourself.

Knibbler
09-09-2009, 11:13 PM
i have an idea why dont everyone DROP THE SUBJECT about what i say. and keep your comments to yourself.

If you're not looking for a reaction, why type up the initial post in the first place?

Street_Soldier69
09-09-2009, 11:15 PM
If you're not looking for a reaction, why type up the initial post in the first place?

umm..... freedom of speech

Trunks
09-10-2009, 03:24 PM
im not even going to bother reading all of that.

and most of them still play pokemon, i mean c'mon, who plays pokemon in high school

You make me lol more than jacob did, back when he got on my nerves. He's better now, but anyway, that's pretty bad.

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. You just run your mouth about things, real mature bud.

And Knibbler is most likely right. Soccer is probably the most played sport world wide.

Street_Soldier69
09-10-2009, 03:42 PM
You make me lol more than jacob did, back when he got on my nerves. He's better now, but anyway, that's pretty bad.

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. You just run your mouth about things, real mature bud.

And Knibbler is most likely right. Soccer is probably the most played sport world wide.

lol your just feeding the troll, and i just pick at soccer cause i dont like it. everyone needs to understand, mostly everything i say is a joke or i dont mean, im a very playful person
and i do know what im talking about, even though i done forgot what i said that got everyone so mad.

xmtxm
09-10-2009, 06:58 PM
lol your just feeding the troll, and i just pick at soccer cause i dont like it. everyone needs to understand, mostly everything i say is a joke or i dont mean, im a very playful person
and i do know what im talking about, even though i done forgot what i said that got everyone so mad.

Then dont say it in the first place. Football which is soccer in United states is the most popular sport.

Street_Soldier69
09-10-2009, 07:23 PM

Then dont say it in the first place. Football which is soccer in United states is the most popular sport.

im trying to ask you nicely to SHUTUP, but i guess your to stupid to understadnt that, DROP IT!!!!! and soccer is the most popular in the UK but in the US its football (american football) your just trying to start a fight cause you dont like that i hate soccer.

KittyCat72
09-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Lol, I think I might be the stereotypical band geek. I'm in all the advanced classes, I don't have a boyfriend, and I play Pokemon. But then again, I play video games all the time... hence the gaming forum. Trunks is right, anyone can play video games. And about soccer, it's a sport... and a much better one than American football in my opinion.

Street_Soldier69
09-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Lol, I think I might be the stereotypical band geek. I'm in all the advanced classes, I don't have a boyfriend, and I play Pokemon. But then again, I play video games all the time... hence the gaming forum. Trunks is right, anyone can play video games. And about soccer, it's a sport... and a much better one than American football in my opinion.

i never said anything about playing video games, i said the pokemon CARD game, not the video game. and we all have our own opinions like you have yours and i have mine, i just wish everyone would drop the whole, lets disagree with Street_Soldier thing

Knibbler
09-11-2009, 05:05 PM
i just wish everyone would drop the whole, lets disagree with Street_Soldier thing

It's not a thing persay..
We are simply expressing our own opinions and facts in accordance with what you say.

Iceskater101
09-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Wow everyone here is very off topic i realized
lol

KittyCat72
09-12-2009, 07:41 AM
Wow everyone here is very off topic i realized
lol

Yeah, it's getting that way... plus what Knibbler said, I really wasn't trying to argue or anything.

Now back on topic a little more.....

Today is my first competition this year!

Id.E.M
09-13-2009, 12:31 PM
*high fives the **** outta Kitty*
I play sax too, and my first competition as yesterday as well.
I also am in freakishly advanced classes, and Pokemon is the ****.

Soccer is sexy. All who oppose it will get their skull beaten in by a piece of lead pipe I found in my lunch the other day. It's by far the most played SPORT (Yes, it is a sport, dumby) in the world.

Street Soldier.... you make me lol.......

Street_Soldier69
09-13-2009, 01:08 PM
*high fives the **** outta Kitty*
I play sax too, and my first competition as yesterday as well.
I also am in freakishly advanced classes, and Pokemon is the ****.

Soccer is sexy. All who oppose it will get their skull beaten in by a piece of lead pipe I found in my lunch the other day. It's by far the most played SPORT (Yes, it is a sport, dumby) in the world.

Street Soldier.... you make me lol.......

you make lol cause THATS ALL YOUR OPINION... like everythign else is my opinion, and no soccer isnt the most played sport in the US, its "american" football.

KittyCat72
09-13-2009, 01:53 PM
you make lol cause THATS ALL YOUR OPINION... like everythign else is my opinion, and no soccer isnt the most played sport in the US, its "american" football.

He didn't specify in the US... worldwide, it's soccer.

Well, right before the competition my sax broke. A manager unloaded it in a hurry or something and near the octave key bent. That wouldn't be a problem normally because I can jump octaves with my mouth, but it kept squeaking and giving out during parts important for my instrument. :-/ That was frustrating. But we still qualfied for regionals with a 66; we came in 3rd out of 4 with the 1st place having a score of 69, lol. So close... we got the best auxiliary for 2A though.

Street_Soldier69
09-13-2009, 02:06 PM
ao your saying US isnt part of the world? its only most popular cause europe is bigger than US>

Id.E.M
09-13-2009, 04:57 PM
He didn't specify in the US... worldwide, it's soccer.

Well, right before the competition my sax broke. A manager unloaded it in a hurry or something and near the octave key bent. That wouldn't be a problem normally because I can jump octaves with my mouth, but it kept squeaking and giving out during parts important for my instrument. :-/ That was frustrating. But we still qualfied for regionals with a 66; we came in 3rd out of 4 with the 1st place having a score of 69, lol. So close... we got the best auxiliary for 2A though.

Good job =D
We were 2A last year, but now we fail, so we're just class A. We cam in 2nd out of 5, and yet we still didn't qualify for states.......(no regionals, I guess)
We had the worst Field Commanders and Auxiliary..... damn. I think we might have gotten best overall effect though, mainly cause our Pit/Drumline rock.

Iceskater101
09-15-2009, 07:08 PM
anyways yeah I play the saxaphone too and thats cool you had your competition kitty
were going to a university football game and were going to march this weekend so its going to be fun

Samus-Fan
09-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Soccer isn't a sport.
They have shin guards.
OH NO I MIGHT GET KICKED IN THE SHIN.
In football, everything is covered BUT the shins, and if you don't think you get kicked in Football, I lol at you.

To stay on topic, I played Trumpet in 5th grade.
But someone in Band said Color Guard is the easiest thing ever since, and I quote, "All you have to do is throw a flag in the air" no realizing the skill of actually throwing it, catching it, and doing it over and over. Very hard.
BUT OMG MARCHING IS SO MUCH HARDER THAN THROWING A 30 POUND FLAG IN THE AIR PERFECTLY (Up to 4 spins on one throw) AND THEN CATCHING IT. AND RIFLE AND SABER ARE EVEN EASIER BECAUSE THEY ARE EASIER.
But marching and playing an instrument you've played for 4 years isn't easy.

Street_Soldier69
09-15-2009, 09:48 PM
Soccer isn't a sport.
They have shin guards.
OH NO I MIGHT GET KICKED IN THE SHIN.
In football, everything is covered BUT the shins, and if you don't think you get kicked in Football, I lol at you.

To stay on topic, I played Trumpet in 5th grade.
But someone in Band said Color Guard is the easiest thing ever since, and I quote, "All you have to do is throw a flag in the air" no realizing the skill of actually throwing it, catching it, and doing it over and over. Very hard.
BUT OMG MARCHING IS SO MUCH HARDER THAN THROWING A 30 POUND FLAG IN THE AIR PERFECTLY (Up to 4 spins on one throw) AND THEN CATCHING IT. AND RIFLE AND SABER ARE EVEN EASIER BECAUSE THEY ARE EASIER.
But marching and playing an instrument you've played for 4 years isn't easy.

YAY someone agrees, i hope your not being sarcastic.

...and i never played in the band, i never had any interest in it. i just dont see anything fun in it.

KittyCat72
09-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Our drum line sucks this year... I think they got a 30 overall... yeah, so our new band director is sidelining them.

And good luck on your performances Iceskater. :) I don't have a competition this weekend, and the football game is homecoming so I don't have to perform.

LiNuX
09-16-2009, 04:26 PM
next off topic post gets an infraction - don't care if you are a mod, game reviewer, or the president.

@street - have you never played in a band? or marching band? they are pretty different things - I used to be a drummer in a band years back and personally I think marching band is a little harder. But I've never been part of anything like that - would be cool to see how I would do in a drumline.

Street_Soldier69
09-16-2009, 05:02 PM
next off topic post gets an infraction - don't care if you are a mod, game reviewer, or the president.

@street - have you never played in a band? or marching band? they are pretty different things - I used to be a drummer in a band years back and personally I think marching band is a little harder. But I've never been part of anything like that - would be cool to see how I would do in a drumline.

im trying to stay on topic, but i kinda forgot what the topic is....

... i always never really did anything, i play football in the 8th grade as DE, but now i dont do any activities. i know some people in the band, infact one of my best friend is a drummer, now hes in a metal band in our town.

Iceskater101
09-16-2009, 09:20 PM
im trying to stay on topic, but i kinda forgot what the topic is....

... i always never really did anything, i play football in the 8th grade as DE, but now i dont do any activities. i know some people in the band, infact one of my best friend is a drummer, now hes in a metal band in our town.

isn't the topic marching band thats why I created this topic..
anyways thanks kitty I am super excited for the performance
linux thats cool that you were on percussion that would be cool because they have a major part in marching band

KittyCat72
09-17-2009, 07:14 PM
This year would be so much easier for us if it didn't rain every practice.., lol, the world is conspiring against us.

Street_Soldier69
09-17-2009, 08:03 PM
This year would be so much easier for us if it didn't rain every practice.., lol, the world is conspiring against us.

yea, the band at my school was practicing in the rain today, and i was like "thats gotta suck".

Iceskater101
09-17-2009, 09:50 PM
yea, the band at my school was practicing in the rain today, and i was like "thats gotta suck".

wow for me it never rains
I just have to deal with the weather and how warm it is outside

Street_Soldier69
09-17-2009, 09:52 PM
wow for me it never rains
I just have to deal with the weather and how warm it is outside

yeam it was rainy crazy today, i had to walk in it forever to get to the other side of the school, to my mechanics class.

Iceskater101
09-23-2009, 06:45 PM
yeam it was rainy crazy today, i had to walk in it forever to get to the other side of the school, to my mechanics class.

finally for me it rained
we haven't gotten rain in a while so I am happy