PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Fallout 3 crashes with new game

Beonaam
10-21-2009, 09:15 PM
I recently acquired Fallout 3 but am having trouble getting it working on my laptop.

The install went fine, but when I attempt to start a new game, it begins to load for maybe a second or two, and then crashes. I've read up on the problem, tried many fixes such as reinstalling the game, patching it, and finding and disabling an incompatible codec. None of these have worked for me.

Here of some of my computer's specs:

Model: HP Pavilion dv4 Notebook PC
OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) (I had the same problem when I had Vista though)
RAM: 4 GB
Processor: Duo Core
Video Card: Mobile Intel(R) 45 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
Sound Device: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

Can anyone help with this?

LiNuX
10-21-2009, 11:36 PM
Recommend requirements seem to be these:

Intel Core 2 Duo processor
2 GB System RAM
Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA 8800 series, ATI 3800 series)

Your GPU is not up to the challenge. Fallout3 needs a very strong card - my computer will barely be able to handle it - I have an nvidia 8600gt, I just fall over the minimum requirements.

You'll need a better Graphics card but it won't be easy on a laptop. Most graphics cards come custom made to fit small laptop cases.

Beonaam
10-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Okay, thank you. :)
I don't think it's possible to get a new video card on this laptop, so I may have to finally invest in a new desktop.

Exodyus
10-22-2009, 12:02 AM
MMhm, precisely.

Laptop gaming is so limited, unless you're one of the crazy fools who will actually step outside of the comfort zone and drop a load of coin on a gaming notebook (which imho, is totally retarded).

But yeah -- FallOut 3, Diablo 3, StarCraft 2 -- you'd better get your "big-boy" desktop ready. Lol. Or else you'll be lagging worse than Linux in the final stage of L4D's No Mercy. Rofl...