PDA

View Full Version : General Info What is with concept art

Scoob1988
11-18-2009, 03:03 AM
I FU**ING hate concept art on game boxes i want to see what the game looks like i want to be able to see the layout of the screen not some stupid designers idea of what it would look like in scetch view RAWR!!!

if game producers think that ppl want to see sketches of there game they will make them and post them on forums like this one in image host but nooo they just thrust it on u so u have no idea what the game will be like :( :confused1:

hidekipooj
11-19-2009, 04:44 PM
can you give us an example of your rage?

Scoob1988
11-20-2009, 03:01 AM
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/8/960588_125568_back.jpg hard to find an example but this is just random images there is no hud or actualy this is what u see similar things to that but usually ppls sketchs instead of acutal in game images

LemonRising
11-25-2009, 01:00 AM
I usually look at the game's website before buying it anyways so that's never.. really been an issue for me?
Game websites usually have a lot of screenshots that you can check out so that's always helpful <:

Though I can't really recall seeing any games with concept art all over the back.
Maybe shots from cinematics and the general graphics without the screen layout (like the one you posted), but no concept art.

jango
11-25-2009, 01:07 AM
It can be quite interesting sometimes to see where certain ideas sprang from I guess, but beyond that I kinda know what you mean. In some ways it's a bit like one of those lame documentaries you see slapped half-heartedly on to a dvd with people trying to sound all philosophical about a film about a cartoon goat called Terry.

hidekipooj
11-25-2009, 02:16 PM
I very rarely purchase a game based on the case. I usually know quite a few details of the game I plan on picking up months ahead of time. Then again, it's part of my job.

Scoob1988
11-26-2009, 02:40 AM
goat called terry that made me giggle lol