PDA

View Full Version : L4D2 Censored in Australia

HamadaLFC8
11-20-2009, 02:59 PM
As I just found out the Aussie version of L4D2 will be censored because it's too violent :S

Now that sucks big time!

Here's the link Left 4 Dead 2 - Censored in Australia (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/left4dead2/news.html?sid=6240757&mode=features&om_act=convert&om_clk=reviews&tag=reviews;title;5)

:no:

LiNuX
11-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Wow..that sucks.

You won't see copious amounts of blood spray, limb dismemberment, gaping wounds, or decapitations. You won't see zombies catch on fire, either.

That's the good stuff!!

HamadaLFC8
11-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Seriously! If I was Australian I'd travel to I don't care where and get the real version :P

LiNuX
11-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah, it should be on ebay where you could have it shipped internationally.

Didn't know Australia was that hard on censoring. I have some family there, don't think any of them play L4D though.

Iceskater101
11-21-2009, 11:20 PM
the gore is the best part
and cmon.. I bet it isn't that bad...

LiNuX
11-21-2009, 11:36 PM
It's not that bad...I may be saying this because I'm used to it from all the zombie games and shooters I've played in my life but definitely not worse than most of the movies you see. I'll post screenshots of the game later that I took in game. Have to resize all of them first, I use a high resolution and I don't want to stretch anyone's screen too much.

Shixx
11-22-2009, 01:58 AM
Yeah Australia and another country, forget which, Ban or censor pretty much everything.
I do believe they banned/Censored Deadspece, Bioshock, Fallout3, ninja gaiden.. and the list goes on.

RaiDae
11-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Yeah Australia and another country, forget which, Ban or censor pretty much everything.
I do believe they banned/Censored Deadspece, Bioshock, Fallout3, ninja gaiden.. and the list goes on.

Fallout 3...? That was gory?! ...i must have been asleep when i played it..
What about the corpses that hang from ceilings in caves in oblivion? Did they sensor them out aswell?
Well, the new Ninja Gaiden has 'un-gored' itself. No blood at all.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought that violence, and the resulting gore, was the main point of games like L4D2... Would anyone buy it if it were censored?

LemonRising
11-25-2009, 12:50 AM
It's a ZOMBIE game.
How can you censor zombies?
Most of em are already missing limbs anyways.

I WANT MY GAMES SO GOREY THAT I CAN SMELL THE ROTTING FLESH.
Or at least be allowed to view the rotting flesh.