PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Snow

LiNuX
12-19-2009, 11:08 PM
So I go to pick up my little sister from her friends house, driving home, heavy snow, right in front of the garage when I turn, I get stuck there for an hour.

The stupid snow plows plowed the streets alright but they put all the damn snow right in front of the garage entrances of my apartment building. So instead of 6" of snow, there was like 2 feet of snow there. Why would they do that?

In total about 4 cars got stuck trying to get into the garage, I was number 3 but after an hour of shoveling and 3 people pushing my car, I was able to get in.

That was the 4th time I was stuck in snow today. But the other 3 were only for a few minutes. I was able to kick the snow from under the tires and go. I hate when weather people are right about this stuff.

Anybody else get stuck in snow while driving? I haven't owned a car for too long and it barely snowed last winter so this was the first time I had to spend so long getting out.

Jaykub
12-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Same thing happened here....

We got 11 inches of snow and on top of it a inch of sleet on top of it so this morning. there was 150 lbs snow rocks as high as 3 feet. I feel sorry for the old people who have no way of moving it.

LiNuX
12-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Same here. I didn't even want to leave the house but I had so much work outside the house. But those snowplows screwed me up with their plowing at 10pm or so. I went into the garage and out of it 4 other times today (at least) without a problem.

We don't have many elderly people living around here, but the ones that I know don't drive.

Jaykub
12-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Same here. I didn't even want to leave the house but I had so much work outside the house. But those snowplows screwed me up with their plowing at 10pm or so. I went into the garage and out of it 4 other times today (at least) without a problem.

We don't have many elderly people living around here, but the ones that I know don't drive.

At least I didn't have to go outside for anything today just did for fun :rolleyes1:

LiNuX
12-20-2009, 12:26 AM
At least I didn't have to go outside for anything today just did for fun :rolleyes1:

Yeah, good thing it was a saturday. Tons of people got a break.

Jaykub
12-20-2009, 12:51 AM
Yeah, good thing it was a saturday. Tons of people got a break.

Looks like a good sunday because all of the snow is still here :P

HamadaLFC8
12-20-2009, 03:54 AM
I have no idea what it's like to be stuck in snow... thank god

LiNuX
12-20-2009, 10:31 AM
Looks like a good sunday because all of the snow is still here :P

most of the snow from the streets are plowed but the sidewalks are messed up. The garage entrance still seems to be packed and overnight the rest of the snow from the street was packed in there.

Not going anywhere today with that car...

Jaykub
12-20-2009, 12:52 PM
that sucks man.

you can't try moving it like at all?

LiNuX
12-20-2009, 12:56 PM
I can move it but it's not my responsibility. Like I said, it's an apartment building, there are two garages here, and in total they have more than a 100 cars (a guess) - And it looks like the temp is rising and the snow is melting a bit.

It's sunday and I don't plan on going anywhere anyway.

Jaykub
12-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Oh I gotcha

Cleril
12-20-2009, 04:53 PM
I shoveled for a good three-four hours today.

The "plow" was just your standard truck who just went by twice, only one car can go down the street at a time. The plow didn't even do the side where most of the houses were.

trinitysaij
12-20-2009, 09:28 PM
I went to a job interview the other day.. got stuck in traffic because everyone is scared to drive in it.. it should have taken 20 minutes to get there... it took 2 hours :(

RaiDae
12-21-2009, 12:53 PM
I went to a job interview the other day.. got stuck in traffic because everyone is scared to drive in it.. it should have taken 20 minutes to get there... it took 2 hours :(

ohh unlucky.

My year built a snow fort on the field during their free blocks today. So at lunch and break they pummelled all the other years.
But the snow's not so bad here, it's the ice we have a bit too much of. There was a proper icicle hanging off the car's mirror - it was only left outside for about 20 minutes...

LemonRising
12-24-2009, 12:27 PM
I remember last year when we got stuck in my ex's driveway.
Me and him had to get out and shovel and push and ballllllllrrrrrhgggggggg it was so fun.

then his mom was like "I told you you should've shoveled."
Then I was not happy.

Kenoi
12-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Yes, I got stuck in the snow..... when I parallel parked at this mall and the cops were all getting ready to write a ticket, good thing I had extra salt bags in the trunk (for added weight) and I opened up one of them, spreaded the salt around 4 of the tires and got traction and got out.....
I was in an unwanted zone of the mall parking, how was I supposed to know? the curb was covered in snow, deep snow...

gamers paradise
01-08-2010, 08:39 AM
that sounds bad

evilcupcake
01-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Yes! My apartment does the same thing. Only, we don't have garages. It's a parking lot. The plows come through and pile all the snow directly behind our cars. The other day I was struggling to scrape all the ice off my windshield and I was using my scraper to try and "shovel" the snow away from my back tires. The snowplow guy was just sitting there in his warm vehicle watching me do it. It made me angry. :[

Freemymind93
01-08-2010, 09:59 AM
I've never literally gotten stuck but i did get stranded the day before christmas, so i spent 5 or so hours on the road on christmas day trying to get to my grandma's house where all our presents were.

Diligence109
01-08-2010, 11:08 AM
I have no idea what it's like to be stuck in snow... thank god

oh you and your warm climate hacks :-P

I've lived in central new york for most of my life and, although I've had my fair share of shoveling, I fortunately have somehow never had a car stuck in the snow.

Yuuki
01-09-2010, 04:28 PM
We finally started to actually get snow like the day after Xmas lol.
It didn't start getting bad until this week though, I actually got a snowday yesterday. ^^
Luckily, I haven't been stuck in snow before. :P
From what I remember anyway.. Iunno.

RaiDae
01-10-2010, 12:52 PM
....I'm starting to get annoyed at all the snow. I can't remember the last time there was no snow on the ground. It's not very deep where i live, but nearby the carpet of snow is about 3 times deeper.

APurpleFish
01-10-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm so lucky. I live in Arizona, specifically in Peoria. ( Near Phoenix) Because of this, I never get snow here.

LiNuX
01-10-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm so lucky. I live in Arizona, specifically in Peoria. ( Near Phoenix) Because of this, I never get snow here.

Must be nice...

Because of the recent snow, my car went from being blue to partly gray. Needs a wash badly but I'm afraid it's gonna snow and mess it up all over again.

It snowed on Friday, and supposed to snow again this week, so I don't want to take the chance of washing the car and then having to rewash soon after...

APurpleFish
01-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Wow, it must snow A LOT where you live. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about snow, but I kind of miss it.

LiNuX
01-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Wow, it must snow A LOT where you live. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about snow, but I kind of miss it.

I live in NYC, we've just gotten more snow this year already than any other year in the past 10 years. We usually dont' see snow until late January - February but this season it started snowing in December.

Subb
01-10-2010, 01:23 PM
if the snow gets to bad to take out the car ill just take the snowmobile to where i need to go n do sum ditch bangin too

yea nyc is getting hit pretty good this year, my sister goes to school out there n she was sayin how they never get snow like that