PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3

Bullman
12-28-2009, 02:31 PM
Ever seen the movie " i am a legend" ?,Then you know the feeling u get from watching it, From the scenes in the dark when he`s dog goes into the building whit the infected, Its so scary and i actually got nervous from watching the movie, You get the exact same feeling from Fallout 3, For example when your in a new building u havent been in before, You dont know if there are any bad guys in there, Or any mutated psycopats that wants to kill you, But you feel nervous atleast i do,

Please people i just started the game, Dont post any spoilers about the game here, Just want to smallchat about the game, Its awesome and i love the type of feeling the game gives, For those of u who havent tried fallout 3, It is just like oblivion Just its in the future and whit guns,And evrything is ****ed up

Shixx
12-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Yes, this game is awesome the last DLC is really good as well, Mothership Zeta.

Trunks
12-28-2009, 03:23 PM
I couldn't really get into Fall Out 3. I got out of the vault and went to megaton, walked around a bit, then turned it off.

Cleril
12-28-2009, 04:14 PM
I only got freaked out in a certain building south west on the map. Other than that, walk into area, find enemy, press RB and then kill.

At least I would if my xbox wasn't pmsing...

Bullman
12-28-2009, 07:58 PM
I have to go trough the tunnel to go to The radio station where i was told my dad is right? Or is there an easier way, I dont have enough skill to open the door and i broke the other one, so i need the key, But cant find it

Bullman
12-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Is there any Vaults in fallout that are safe to enter?Where friendly humans still live?

jango
12-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Is there any Vaults in fallout that are safe to enter?Where friendly humans still live?

not from wot i remember .. i kinda stopped playing after the brotherhood of steel, and because i didn't like the look of mothership zeta at all, so my memory might be a bit vague

Cleril
12-28-2009, 10:20 PM
I have to go trough the tunnel to go to The radio station where i was told my dad is right? Or is there an easier way, I dont have enough skill to open the door and i broke the other one, so i need the key, But cant find it

for most locks in the game there is a terminal so if your science skill is up to par try that.

Yes, you have to go on that set path, no other way to the station.

Note: When leveling do not spurt your points about, just dump them all into one skill. Also, only put most skills at 90 or so since there are skill books and bobble heads to get you to 100 in all skills. But for lockpick/science you should get them both to 100 for the most part. Since 99 lockpick is still = 75.

Bullman
12-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks i made a new char now, Dunno why really, But i found three dog now and im at the radio station,

GreenMachine
01-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Definitely my fav game of the year

Iceskater101
01-03-2010, 03:27 PM
I just started playing this game
I just escaped out of the vault
thats basically all I have done so far

Bullman
01-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Well im done whit the game now,Done whit the main quest that is.. I was pretty disapointed, Bechus when your done whit the main quest, The game ends, so i loaded back to a previouse save, And i quickly realised why the game ends after the main quest, Bechus the main quest is all the game has to offer,In the start of the game, I though that it was all about survival,Living in the wastes was harsh, Then i Disarmed the bomb in megaton, Got some money got a house, Started making money, And now i have 2k, And has Nothing at all to do, The main quest of the game is the only thing the game has to offer,Maybe i should start looking for that Android just to have something to do... =/

Iceskater101
01-03-2010, 04:04 PM
wow really?
there isn't anything to do besides what the main thing is to do?
that sounds kinda suckish
but I still want to complete the game

Diligence109
01-11-2010, 09:26 AM
... Bechus the main quest is all the game has to offer, ...

This is what I heard about the game - that it got a little monotomous if you played just to explore and it was best played linearly and once.

That was enough to keep me from trying it :\

EDIT: monotonous*; I can spell, really, I can

youthism_is_me
01-25-2010, 11:35 AM
shoot to kill kill becuase its fun its fun becuase you can kill .

joshr
01-25-2010, 04:09 PM
I found that there was a lot of stuff to do in Fallout 3 besides the main quest. I also found that exploring was rewarding, not at first, but once you really start to dig deep you find cool stuff that isn't related to quests. Just things the developers threw in there fore the explorers. There are also plenty of cool side quests. However the main quest is disappointingly short compared to oblivion...

jango
01-25-2010, 04:23 PM
This is what I heard about the game - that it got a little monotomous if you played just to explore and it was best played linearly and once.

That was enough to keep me from trying it :\

EDIT: monotonous*; I can spell, really, I can

i'd agree with some of that dili .. but the odd thing with fallout 3 is that it has balance to annoying things like repetition. It's one of the things I found a little confusing towards the end - why, with such obvious things that needed some tweaks, did no-one notice it and attempt to chagne it?

however, having said that .. would i recommend it for someone to play or not? i definitely would, but ONLY after suggesting other recent RPGs that do it slightly better.

joshr
01-25-2010, 04:25 PM
I think you guys also have to take into account that Fallout 3 has a large modding community, so all of those annoying things can be easily eliminated. Assuming your on the PC of course...

jango
01-25-2010, 04:28 PM
I think you guys also have to take into account that Fallout 3 has a large modding community, so all of those annoying things can be easily eliminated. Assuming your on the PC of course...

aye, this is a BIG plus for sure. I have to be honest, when I saw one of their recent mod packages (http://www.macksites.co.uk/GameBank/index.php?topic=53.0) it did make me want to load it up again hehe.

youthism_is_me
01-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Its cool how they whent form over head to 3rd person and it transfered well very well and the game was very long very long

Exodyus
01-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Youthism -- you spelled expendable wrong in your signature. ;[

Aside from this point of irritation, I really enjoy playing Fallout 3. I've currently passed Megaton and I'm running around completing all of the mini-quests before continuing on.

Those Super Mutants just don't want to DIE!!? Lol.

And the Aferu quest, I botched. Apparently ... you're not supposed to STEAL in front of them, in their own homes. Lmao. I had to kill the Sheriff there and most of the people in order to live. HAhah...

I also killed Colin McCreevy, or whatever his name one -- who runs the Saloon, because he made me mad. ;] Lol.

jango
01-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Aside from this point of irritation, I really enjoy playing Fallout 3. I've currently passed Megaton and I'm running around completing all of the mini-quests before continuing on.

Those Super Mutants just don't want to DIE!!? Lol.

And the Aferu quest, I botched. Apparently ... you're not supposed to STEAL in front of them, in their own homes. Lmao. I had to kill the Sheriff there and most of the people in order to live. HAhah...

I also killed Colin McCreevy, or whatever his name one -- who runs the Saloon, because he made me mad. ;] Lol.

lol, your post brings back some fun memories .. it's a cool game!

cr4ftm4ch1ne
03-02-2010, 05:20 AM
I' ve played with the game, but got bored. It's annoying that u cant use a character with good intellect correctly:S I mean there are some places where u can do some special things with high intellect. But for what? To open a box? Is it a bad joke?

madmerv
03-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Hey folks, I'm the guy behind the Herbert Daring Dashwood story "with my pet ghoul Argyle!"

Bullman
03-10-2010, 10:09 AM
I started playing fallout again, After completing it, And i noticed, That the main quest isnt the only fun thing, I went to arefu, And i helped them whit their problems, It was kinda fun. And btw,If your not one of the good guys like me, You can go to that Bad guys settlement and become a slaver, And deep inside the tunnels and Subways, You can explore a bunch of stuff. But the subways are creepy.. I dont like going down into them unless i have a quest wich gives me no other choice xD. And yeh, The dog at the scrapyard, Hes a nice companion. It makes the game a little less scarier when you got a dog whit you xD

UltraBoom
03-11-2010, 12:31 PM
For some reason, Fallout 3 gives me headaches if I play it for too long. The cause is probably the excessive brownness of the whole thing... or not.

I think the music is what made it so fun for me. Seriously, I just tried playing it again with the sound off and it wasn't all that entertaining.

BobTD
03-11-2010, 02:10 PM
I' ve played with the game, but got bored. It's annoying that u cant use a character with good intellect correctly:S I mean there are some places where u can do some special things with high intellect. But for what? To open a box? Is it a bad joke?

INT stat if I remember correctly affects how many points you get to put into skills each time you level up. I liked to max int then use extensive training to up other skills since a lot of perks just add a few point into skills you can max with a high enough int anyways. =P

The "almost perfect" perk is also a fun goal, by maxing INT and putting the rest into perception you can aim for a very talented end game character.

I think one reason I liked Fallout3 so much is that after hundreds of hours playing oblivion I could jump right in and understand the game engine. Bethesda could have made me a little happier by improving their character animations (especially the strafing, moving one direction while you walk another).

I also recommend helping the ghoul you find outside of tenpenny tower, as he gives you a ghoul mask that lets you blend in even with feral ghouls. There are some very interesting ghoul locations in the game, including an evil bone tower in the bottom left corner of the map, its hidden underground.

Eli
03-23-2010, 03:42 AM
difinetly, could be better than cod modern warfare 2, fallout have a great and detailed graphic and i love it expecially it's shooter game

Charlotte
03-27-2010, 02:28 AM
guys you all right, this game is so damn sick! i really love the shooting, the graphic, the color and especially the environment. kinda like it's compete with cod modern warfare 2

Allstar180
03-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Well all I felt was frustration and anger with that game.

It's not a bad game, but well I just didn't like the way you had terrible amount of ammunition. Making it like an Resident Evil version of Fallout 3.

Foto166
04-15-2010, 12:51 AM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I LUVZ THIS GAME SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!

*sorry, lol I'm a Fallout 3 spasz*

Bullman just so you know, if you look at the achievements/trophies, there are a LOT of side quests to do. Anyway....... My fav quest would either be Blood Ties ( The Arefu Vampire quest) or Tranquility Lane( The 1950's "Perfect" town quest where you get your dad back). I recently started playing this game for the 1st time ever, and I <3 it! There was 2 funny glitches I found....

1. In The Underworld , after I got the Reilly's Rangers quest, Everyone started falling through the floor. It was funny, until I fell too! My game froze after I fell, but if I looked up I could see the floor above me!

2. After I got the Wasteland Survival Guide quest, I shot Moira and her mercernary friend with a Fat Man. The mercernary blew up, but Moira only got a crippled leg and arm. Every time I walk into the Craterside Supply now, The mercernary's dead body falls from the ceiling, and whenever I talk to Moira, she says something like this:
"There's no fire, and the smoke is gone. You can take off your mask now". MEGA LOL! I'm not sure why, but maybe she considers nukes to create fire? O_o

Anyway, 10/10 my fav game ever.

Raoul
11-05-2010, 07:06 AM
Fallout 3 the gameplay is really amazing and the game takes you nice time for you to finish the game. The VATS in the game is a lovely and useful function in the game and it can save you on the tight spots.;-)