PDA

View Full Version : To 182k posts by the end of 2009

LiNuX
12-31-2009, 02:13 PM
We're only about 64 short, should get it pretty easily but I want to see how quickly we get there and where we can end up before 2010 gets here.

LiNuX
12-31-2009, 02:14 PM
Snow messed up the roads again

Iceskater101
12-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Snow messed up the roads again

ugh this is the reason why I hate snow..
another reason that make me mad
I usually like to walk up to the local caribou by house
but the snow isn't plowed and so I walk on the road but really close to the sidewalk and cars start honking at me and the drivers are pointing to the sidewalk and I am like are you kidding me? there is 3 feet of snow I don't want to walk in it.
i mean the road that I usually walk on has two lanes so I don't understand why drivers can't switch to the other lane

anyways
we could probably post 64 posts before 2009 ends

LiNuX
12-31-2009, 02:59 PM
two weeks ago when the streets were packed with snow, people were on the middle of the street. I was the honking at them to move. I wasn't even supposed to be out that day but had to pick up little sis from her friend's house.

But today isn't as bad. It stopped snowing and it didn't stick on the streets as much as it did on the sidewalks. Temperature is higher than it was 2 weeks ago so the snow probably just melted as it came down.

Iceskater101
12-31-2009, 03:03 PM
yeah I mean if someone was walking in the middle of the road i would honk too but as long as people are on the side of the road then i think its fine
today isn't as bad here either because the people have plowed the sidewalks

LiNuX
12-31-2009, 03:19 PM
That's good.

And usually you would honk in the snow anyway if they are a little bit on the street just to let them know you're there. If they don't see you or hear you coming because of the snow, they can make a sudden movement and fall right in front of your car.

And I looked outside again just now, snow is melting pretty quickly today. Lasted a few days the last time around.

Iceskater101
12-31-2009, 03:28 PM
thats good I hate the snow!
I wish it was summer
but at least the sun it out it makes everything alive

LiNuX
12-31-2009, 03:33 PM
It's really dark and cloudy here, doesn't look like it'll change for the ball to drop at midnight.

Iceskater101
12-31-2009, 05:20 PM
it was sunny out today yay!
I hate when its all dark and there is no sun its depressing

LiNuX
12-31-2009, 07:28 PM
I like the dark...it calms me. I just like cloudy..no rain, no snow, just cloudy.

I like sunny sometimes but not all the time, the sun isn't my friend.

And it's raining now, I was out for the past few hours, it went from sleet to rain and all the snow should clear up by tomorrow morning.

LiNuX
12-31-2009, 08:24 PM
passed 182k a little while ago, just noticed.

Now for 183k!

Iceskater101
01-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Yay!
we should be able to do it
i think the forum has been way more active now

LiNuX
01-01-2010, 01:45 PM
yeah, november was a dry month, December was far more active compared to november. Even I was busy with work, education, etc. Didn't find too much time to come on myself.

Iceskater101
01-01-2010, 08:12 PM
yeah same
november sucks because thats when term 1 for me ends and usually I have finals and stuff i have to study for

RaiDae
01-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Oi! stop badmouthing November!! It's my Birthday AND guy fawks celebrations AND all the fourth years are out of school for prelim leave, so it's nice and quiet XD

Exodyus
01-02-2010, 11:24 PM
....................?

LiNuX
01-02-2010, 11:53 PM
....................?

I agree with you there, dots and a question mark

Iceskater101
01-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Oi! stop badmouthing November!! It's my Birthday AND guy fawks celebrations AND all the fourth years are out of school for prelim leave, so it's nice and quiet XD

haha k well I have nothing going on in november so thats why i was bad mouthing it lol
and I had finals so yeah finals suck

RaiDae
01-03-2010, 03:36 PM
haha k well I have nothing going on in november so thats why i was bad mouthing it lol
and I had finals so yeah finals suck

Fairs enough. Sorry for my ignorance, but are finals really importnat exams to do with school or uni (though i suppose it'd be college wherre you are) or are they to do with something extracarricular?

Iceskater101
01-03-2010, 03:42 PM
well after each term we usually have a final on what we learned
like i had a world history final which was on all the civilizations like romans and on all these religions such as buddism and hinduism so yeah that final sucked and I had a big project too
there pretty important because there worth a lot and there a lot of points if you do really bad you could go down a few grades

RaiDae
01-03-2010, 03:46 PM
ahhh i think i get ya. So you get examined throughout the year by finals and those count towards your final grade?
We have something a bit like that, they're called NABs. But unlike finals they don't count towards your grade, but you have to pass them to sit the final exam. Our entire year's work is graded in one sitting... possibly not the best method.

Do you know how you did in your latest finals?

Iceskater101
01-03-2010, 03:50 PM
I did pretty good on my finals
I did ok on my project that i had because it was kinda crappy anyways..
but I did good on my finals but thats because I kept preparing for them and studying for hours I got a B+/A- something like that