PDA

View Full Version : laptops

Subb
01-12-2010, 07:58 PM
so i have been lookin at gaming laptops and they are all mad expensive between 1600 n 2000 grand. but can on spend around a grand tops so wuts a good one to get around that price, im terible when it comes to computers

LiNuX
01-12-2010, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't recommend laptops for gaming. They tend to overheat really quickly unless you have an awesome cooling system.

Get a desktop, you'll save more money, less likely to overheat, and it's much cheaper when you're looking for the same stuff. It's also much easier to upgrade and repair.

Morticia
01-12-2010, 11:17 PM
If you really want a laptop for gaming and not a desktop, I'd have to recommend the MSI GX630. I got it for gaming and I love it. It's fast enough and the price is awesome on Newegg. It doesn't overheat basically at all, unless you cover the vents O_O

Subb
01-12-2010, 11:21 PM
If you really want a laptop for gaming and not a desktop, I'd have to recommend the MSI GX630. I got it for gaming and I love it. It's fast enough and the price is awesome on Newegg. It doesn't overheat basically at all, unless you cover the vents O_O

how much do they run for, im not gunna get to into pc gaming as cuz i love my 360 but u never kno once i get it, my ibm is getting too old now n is time for new. thanks

Morticia
01-12-2010, 11:29 PM
The are almost always $800-$900 with a warranty. I don't think they still have them on newegg, but I'm sure you can find one somewhere. There are a lot of reviews online for them if you want to look.

Subb
01-12-2010, 11:31 PM
The are almost always $800-$900 with a warranty. I don't think they still have them on newegg, but I'm sure you can find one somewhere. There are a lot of reviews online for them if you want to look.

im definitly gunna look cuz i plan on getting one asap. that so beats payin n arm n a leg even tho i culd afford it if i truly wanted to

RaiDae
01-13-2010, 09:49 AM
I use a dell xps. The only problem i've had with it is when lots of people try and talk to me on msn or i get a couple of pop-ups or something when i'm in a full screen game - the display disk stops responding for about 5 seconds. The music quality is meh. But other than that nothing to complain about. I think they're under a grand in dollars.... I know nothing about the exchange rate... But yeah, the graphics are awesome, it's light enough to sit on your lap and carry around, wi-fi connection is simple, etc. etc.

on second thought, there is another fault - the acid from my hands has eroded away at the metal where my right hand rests.... it's made a pretty pattern.

Subb
01-13-2010, 09:53 AM
I use a dell xps. The only problem i've had with it is when lots of people try and talk to me on msn or i get a couple of pop-ups or something when i'm in a full screen game - the display disk stops responding for about 5 seconds. The music quality is meh. But other than that nothing to complain about. I think they're under a grand in dollars.... I know nothing about the exchange rate... But yeah, the graphics are awesome, it's light enough to sit on your lap and carry around, wi-fi connection is simple, etc. etc.

on second thought, there is another fault - the acid from my hands has eroded away at the metal where my right hand rests.... it's made a pretty pattern.

sweet thank you buddy. they acid from ur hand? that aint good

RaiDae
01-13-2010, 03:59 PM
sweet thank you buddy. they acid from ur hand? that aint good

I'd be able to escape from prison if i sweat enough... lol

Subb
01-13-2010, 04:03 PM
I'd be able to escape from prison if i sweat enough... lol

lol thats funny i thought u were talkin about something else that maybe u worked with or something

RaiDae
01-13-2010, 04:10 PM
lol thats funny i thought u were talkin about something else that maybe u worked with or something

Lol nah. I wear gloves when working with the acid. But it's the bases (alkalis) which ya really got to be worried about it.

Subb
01-13-2010, 04:19 PM
Lol nah. I wear gloves when working with the acid. But it's the bases (alkalis) which ya really got to be worried about it.

i use to work wit acid when i was younger and split sum on my jeans burnt like a sob and when it dried they just fell apart in that spot

myp
01-13-2010, 08:14 PM
In that price range I would go with an HP- some of their systems in that price range are still very powerful

Morticia
01-13-2010, 08:17 PM
I have to say, I really hate HP.

Subb
01-13-2010, 08:20 PM
my sister has a wide screen hp and im jus not that impressed with it. i think im just gunna go all out n spend the extra money. cuz if i dont ill jus never be satisfied and it will be worth it

suesam21
01-15-2010, 10:43 PM
I also have bad experience with HP. HDD heating and shutting down computer automatically is what i have found after usign laptop for 4 months.