PDA

View Full Version : Games That Are Iffy on being shooters

youthism_is_me
01-17-2010, 06:24 PM
please list some games that you are not sure belong on this page.

Street_Soldier69
01-17-2010, 06:29 PM
IDK never cared to play it

youthism_is_me
01-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Do you know any games you are iffy on and next time you could just vote..

Diligence109
01-17-2010, 06:49 PM
I don't really think it's iffy... Tomb Raider is a Third-Person Shooter and Action Adventure game.

youthism_is_me
01-17-2010, 06:52 PM
i agree it is a shooter and action adventure best said

HamadaLFC8
01-21-2010, 05:17 PM
I just see it as Adventure ... well maybe the series has changed last time I played it was like 6 to 8 years ago

EpsilonX
01-21-2010, 05:30 PM
i haven't played the newest one but wasn't tomb raider always about exploring dungeons and stuff? not shooting stuff?

to me a shooter is a game where shooting stuff is the main focus of the game. Halo, Gears of war. you play the game because you want to shoot stuff. Tomb Raider is about exploring areas and stuff. because of this, metal gear solid is not a shooter (the games are actually about getting from point a to point b WITHOUT fighting.)

RaiDae
01-21-2010, 05:35 PM
i haven't played the newest one but wasn't tomb raider always about exploring dungeons and stuff? not shooting stuff?

Yeah. the new ones are all about exploring things (the ocean, the jungle, some more jungle, somewhere in the arctic circle). Lots of platforming and balancing and not falling off (she dies from such a small height :mad1: ). And then there's jaguars and lizards and bats and spiders and snakes and bad men and arch nemisis woman and dead things etc etc. though she can do a couple of kicks, you generally use one of the guns to make bad guys go bleh. And of course, you have to break ancient vases for goodies.

Action and adventure rather than a shooter i would say

jango
01-21-2010, 05:37 PM
i quite liked them at one point .. briefly

EpsilonX
01-21-2010, 05:39 PM
Yeah. the new ones are all about exploring things (the ocean, the jungle, some more jungle, somewhere in the arctic circle). Lots of platforming and balancing and not falling off (she dies from such a small height :mad1: ). And then there's jaguars and lizards and bats and spiders and snakes and bad men and arch nemisis woman and dead things etc etc. though she can do a couple of kicks, you generally use one of the guns to make bad guys go bleh. And of course, you have to break ancient vases for goodies.

Action and adventure rather than a shooter i would say

so again i bring up metal gear solid. you run around sneaking, hiding behind things, crawling under things, confusing bad guys, hiding in cardboard boxes. but if somebody sees them, you use your gun to shoot them, then run away. some people think that just cuz you have a gun and it's a somewhat military based game it's a shooter. this applies to splinter cell even more than metal gear solid.

Exodyus
01-21-2010, 07:07 PM
I wouldn't say that Tomb Raider is a shooter at all. Just because she has guns and it's 3rd Person, doesn't mean anything.

It's definitely Adventure, and everyone agrees on that -- but it's also a Puzzle Adventure, because of all the quests that need to be triggered and figured out by certain variables in the game.

FallOut 3 is 1st or 3rd person, but it's not considered a FPS, because it's an RPG style and you don't have to use guns if you don't want to.

I voted No, regardless.

joshr
01-23-2010, 06:51 PM
I would consider tomb raider to be more of a platformer, assuming that I understand the term correctly. My experiences with the game is really mostly jumping from ledge to ledge, or rather falling. Either way, it seems more like a platformer or even an adventure game, but it is definitely not a shooter...

youthism_is_me
01-25-2010, 10:57 AM
you shoot stuff and push blocks its like zelda on speed with a chick doing all the work although link wears a skirt anyways ( i like the zelda games i am just jokeing )

Charlotte
03-28-2010, 12:14 AM
i never played it but on thing for sure, it's indeed a shooter game and adventure not just shooter, and also it's third person shooter not first person shooter

EpsilonX
03-28-2010, 07:34 PM
i never played it but on thing for sure, it's indeed a shooter game and adventure not just shooter, and also it's third person shooter not first person shooter

i bet you think metal gear solid is a shooter too

Morticia
03-29-2010, 01:50 AM
i bet you think metal gear solid is a shooter too

This made me laugh. So. Hard. Eps, you're awesome.

Charlotte
03-29-2010, 03:00 AM
same as me, never cared to played some of it :L

Winter
03-30-2010, 06:33 AM
unfortunately, it's not a shooting genre game. It's mainly focusing on puzzle, third person shooter, quest and adventure

EpsilonX
03-30-2010, 07:21 PM
shooting in a game =/= shooter game. it's just the method of combat.

PizziJQ
03-31-2010, 02:50 PM
You shoot stuff soo yeah I would think it is!

thedeparted
03-31-2010, 10:04 PM
Just because you can shoot stuff does not make it a shooter. Action Adventure would be my classification