PDA

View Full Version : 2 player games - (we're picky)

RaiDae
01-24-2010, 05:41 PM
So, I just got my second ps3 controller today (yay). One of the reasons for getting it was so my boyfriend and I could play console games at my house. One small problem, we don't know of any games that we'd both like.
I like rpgs, action & adventure. I can't play shooters to save myself and I really do not enjoy little big planet.
He likes rpg's (but only the ones where you can chose what quests you do - in other words, non-linear). He also likes shooters. And stuff like tekken (but tekken is at his house on the 360).

So, any suggestions? The game has to be 2 player split-screen or joined screen or w/e. I don't want a 2 player network game.

sorry to be so picky...

Muffincat
01-24-2010, 05:42 PM
If he likes Tekken, try BlazBlue?

Project Blaze
01-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Soul Calibur is pretty cool if you do like Tekken. I got my PS3 on Christmas, so I might not be the guy to be recommending anything though. ^^'

youthism_is_me
01-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Wow thats nice of you to get it for that reason. Well it depends on your style games like soulcalibur 4 are good and so are games like army of two and cod Modern warfare 1,2
Also games like Resitance 1 .

joshr
01-24-2010, 06:46 PM
Perhaps a decent racing game would be a good fit since you don't like FPS's.. Motor storm 2 might be a great game if you have an eye for racing...

youthism_is_me
01-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Perhaps a decent racing game would be a good fit since you don't like FPS's.. Motor storm 2 might be a great game if you have an eye for racing...

Or Midnight Club LA , Burnout Paradise

Diligence109
01-24-2010, 08:07 PM
I haven't really followed the series, but is Dynasty Warriors still any good? I remember lots of late nights playing Dynasty Warriors 4 on the ps2 with my younger brother... good wholesome fun easy laid back hack and slash co-op play.

Google reveals to me that the newest version is Dynasty Warriors 6, for the PS3. I hope this helps!

HamadaLFC8
01-25-2010, 04:22 AM
If you match the racing thing, get Gran Turismo 5 when it's out!

youthism_is_me
01-25-2010, 10:43 AM
just ask your boy friend

RaiDae
01-25-2010, 02:51 PM
just ask your boy friend

That wasn't obvious at all.....

Anyways, thanks for all the suggestions. Sorry, my first post was slightly wrong. He has street fighter not tekken. So I rented tekken today - which is pretty good.

As for racing games... I don't really know if they're my thing. I liked simpsons hit and run... the only other racing game i've had was a moto gp game for the ps2. and i barely played it....

HamadaLFC8
01-25-2010, 03:13 PM
mhm... I'll keep my eyes open :D

does Avatar have multiplayer ?

EpsilonX
01-25-2010, 03:27 PM
soul calibur 4
maybe lego star wars lol.

but id deff get soul calibur 4.

Diligence109
01-25-2010, 09:16 PM
I liked simpsons hit and run...

that game was so charming. I am pleased just thinking of it again.

Soul Caliber 4 looks awesome; awesome enough that I'll go out of my way to give it another recommendation in this thread. My brother and I had a history of playing SC II late into the night too.

youthism_is_me
01-27-2010, 10:40 AM
That wasn't obvious at all.....

Anyways, thanks for all the suggestions. Sorry, my first post was slightly wrong. He has street fighter not tekken. So I rented tekken today - which is pretty good.

As for racing games... I don't really know if they're my thing. I liked simpsons hit and run... the only other racing game i've had was a moto gp game for the ps2. and i barely played it....

it wasnt supose to be a smart thing to say it was suppose to show you if you dont know what games you like why would we

Muffincat
01-27-2010, 11:55 AM
She was asking for suggestions. Don't make a meaningless post like telling her to ask her boyfriend when she has made it clear that they are looking for games to try. If you don't have anything to offer to the thread, don't post.

On topic, I agree with the Soul Calibur 4 people, too. This game can be pretty fun.... though I don't think it is as good as its predecessors.

youthism_is_me
01-27-2010, 11:58 AM
She was asking for suggestions. Don't make a meaningless post like telling her to ask her boyfriend when she has made it clear that they are looking for games to try. If you don't have anything to offer to the thread, don't post.

On topic, I agree with the Soul Calibur 4 people, too. This game can be pretty fun.... though I don't think it is as good as its predecessors.

ok i want to first say i am not trying to argue but as i posted above if she doesnt know why would we and i think that you post was more meaningless your the one who wrote something just to wine at me

jango
01-27-2010, 03:22 PM
ok i want to first say i am not trying to argue but as i posted above if she doesnt know why would we and i think that you post was more meaningless your the one who wrote something just to wine at me

tbh .. it would be better to park to drama bus and go have a beer :)

RaiDae
01-27-2010, 04:30 PM

I know what games i like. And i know what games he likes. However, I had no idea what we would both enjoy. Which is why i was asking. Other people have played 2 player games and, after reading what games we like, can suggest something.
I have spoken to my bf on plenty of occassions, hell - i even dragged him around 3 game stores but we were both picking games that the other didn't like or were only one player.

Soul caliber seems to be a favourite, i'll check out some game play and if i like the look of it, i'll rent it next week. Though it seems possible that i'll buy tekken. :)

Thanks all for your suggestions. Always ready for some more. :)

Diligence109
01-28-2010, 09:27 AM
If you're still up a creek, I'm surprised (in retrospect) that Borderlands hasn't been suggested here yet. I'd say it's worth picking up for the rent, at least, but definitely check out SC4 first.

Don't be too scared of the FPS element in Borderlands - you really can play the game like an RPG and a very softcore FPS (esp. if you pick the appropriate character to play as! I recommend you play as a Soldier or a Berserker if you ever do play. MAYBE the Siren, if you are so bold, but definitely NOT the Hunter.)

Just a thought :)