PDA

View Full Version : ever get really far and lose save games or write over them on accident

youthism_is_me
01-24-2010, 07:24 PM
i have i will often play a part of a game over again becuase i dont pay attion and save over the wrong spot or die before i can save

joshr
01-24-2010, 07:28 PM
In Oblivion I switched from the PS3 to the PC and had to give up my saved games and start anew. I had over a hundred hours on one of my PS3 characters too...

youthism_is_me
01-24-2010, 07:29 PM
bummer.....i would hate that alot....... i feel angry already....man that sucks

joshr
01-24-2010, 07:30 PM
To tell you the truth it really wasn't that big of a deal considering that I made the switch for the mods. It was pretty sweet starting a character from scratch considering how much I modified the game. I added new weapons, quests, and even completely changed the whole feel of the game with the ooo mod.

youthism_is_me
01-24-2010, 07:31 PM
so you are saying it was worth it then well ok then i am glad for you?

joshr
01-24-2010, 07:34 PM
It definitely was worth it in my opinion. I felt that oblivion was a big let down after playing Morrowind and with the mods I completely worked the game around to fix many of the things that I thought were stupid in game. Namely bandits running around in glass armor trying to steal 25 gold coins. The way I see things, Bethesda made a great game, then the modding community turned it into a superb game.

youthism_is_me
01-24-2010, 07:36 PM
i dont know if you transfered if you play but do you play it on pc

Freemymind93
01-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Yeah I had a kh2 saved game that I had spent about 50 hours on and I accidentally saved over it. I just kept looking at the load game option and hoping it would magically be there like an idiot. I knew it was gone

youthism_is_me
01-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Yeah I had a kh2 saved game that I had spent about 50 hours on and I accidentally saved over it. I just kept looking at the load game option and hoping it would magically be there like an idiot. I knew it was gone

Wow thats dramatic .....but so true.

jango
01-25-2010, 04:48 PM
the most frustrating one for me happened around the summer iirc last year in anno 1404.

i really enjoyed the game on a few levels .. and got into a pattern of going after the many varied achievements in the game to unlock other content etc. I managed to get it to where i had around 4/5 of the total achievements and then they released a patch that effectively screwed profile updates, if that profile had been created before. Although it was ok for some people who didn't go back into the game until a further hot fix had been applied, those people who did got locked out of their offline profile being updated .. so in other words i effectively had to start a new profile.

I started a new one but only got about 3 hours into trying to claw back what i'd lost before my heart kinda went out of it. Awesome game, but it kinda turned me off of it.

EpsilonX
01-25-2010, 07:52 PM
uhm. anybody remember microsoft entertainment pack? well one time i got really really far in that, and accidentally reset the game. i was like 80 levels in, and i only had the code for like level 50. i was very upset.

joshr
01-25-2010, 07:53 PM
i dont know if you transfered if you play but do you play it on pcI looked into that but the PS3 version uses a totally different format, perhaps if I did a few things it would of worked, but I didn't really care enough to mess around with it...

youthism_is_me
01-26-2010, 05:44 PM
umm i dont follow but it sounds sad

LemonRising
01-26-2010, 09:26 PM
I've never really had that problem, except me and my brother had a shared account on paper mario and we got realy far and almost beat the game, and then we lent the game to our younger cousins.
They deleted all the files it sucked so bad I was sad and we had to start all over again.

Morticia
01-26-2010, 09:28 PM
I did it once in Final Fantasy XII like half way through and somehow deleted the last like 15 hours of my straight gameplay session..... And was left at basically the beginning before breaking into the palace. Yeah, I just gave up and never wanted to finish the game after that.

youthism_is_me
01-27-2010, 10:37 AM
yeah i have started that game over like 5 times now

Morticia
01-27-2010, 08:29 PM
I can't do it... it pisses me off to much to have to level up a bunch before going into the palace... The monster hunting crap was so tedious...