PDA

View Full Version : Fox wins domestic rights for Machete

thedeparted
01-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Twentieth Century Fox has emerged the victor of a bidding war for domestic distribution rights to Robert Rodriguez's "Machete," based on Rodriguez's fake trailer for "Grindhouse."
Paramount and Lionsgate were among other bidders for the title, which stars Danny Trejo as a blade-wielding Mexican ex-Federale who is double-crossed by a crooked politician.

The "Machete" trailer generated big interest when airing on YouTube. The feature-length version was financed by Overnight Prods., who sold off international rights to Sony and several territory distributors. That provided the bulk of the money needed to shoot the film, which Rodriguez lensed last fall in Austin, Texas.

Rodriguez penned the script with his longtime editor, Ethan Maniquis. Michelle Rodriguez, Lindsay Lohan and Rose McGowan also star.

"Machete" reunites Fox and Rodriguez, who worked on the "Predators" franchise together.

I loved the trailer, and can't wait for this movie. I would link the trailer but there is boobies and I don't feel like testing the mods. Kinda funny Fox is doing domestic and Sony is International. I wonder how many films this actually happens to. I remember it happened to Terminator Salvation as well and possibly Inglorious Basterds