PDA

View Full Version : New Mass Effect 2 DLC 2/9/10

Frank-the-Rabbit
02-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Tomorrow, some much anticipated armor and a shotgun will be available for Mass Effect 2 players. Both PC and 360 gamers will be able to download the gear for free at noon through the in-game Cerberus Network.

Here's what's on-tap:
Cerberus Assault Armor
Cerberus assault armor is designed for shock troops, turn the tide of battle against creatures or forces that would decimate normal soldiers.
Increases heavy weapon ammo capacity by +10%
Increases shields by +10%
Increases health by +10%

M-22a Eviscerator Shotgun
The M-22a Eviscerator Shotgun is a longer-range shotgun with armor-piercing loads. This design also violates several intergalactic weapons treaties, so the M-22a is not distributed to militaries.

Read more: New Armor, Shotgun For Mass Effect 2 Available Tomorrow - G4tv.com (http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/702439/New-Armor-Shotgun-For-Mass-Effect-2-Available-Tomorrow.html#ixzz0ezujXm4E)

Awesome! Mass Effect will try to get me to play tomorrow but I think Bioshock 2 will have my full attention.

jango
02-08-2010, 08:05 PM
lol frank .. i think we saw that at the same time mate .. i posted it on game-bank (http://www.macksites.co.uk/GameBank/index.php) at about the same time hehe :P

cool tho, some fun new stuff to play with :)

Frank-the-Rabbit
02-08-2010, 08:08 PM
haha

Yeah I am tempted but more then likely I will just turn on the Xbox to download it while I am playing Bioshock 2 on my PS3. I think I may have to level up a Vanguard next to get some use out of the shotgun. :D

BobTD
02-09-2010, 03:03 PM
wooo free content! Bioware sure knows how to spread the love. I hate when there is content right away you have to pay for, it makes it feel like they where holding back. But with 2 discs and extra content coming out for free its the exact opposite.

I <3 you Bioware.

jango
02-09-2010, 03:06 PM
wooo free content! Bioware sure knows how to spread the love. I hate when there is content right away you have to pay for, it makes it feel like they where holding back. But with 2 discs and extra content coming out for free its the exact opposite.

I <3 you Bioware.

tbh i think BIG lessons were learnt from DAO as well as the more general market reaction to paid DLCs .. I agree with you whole-heartedly though about ME2

BobTD
02-09-2010, 03:36 PM
tbh i think BIG lessons were learnt from DAO as well as the more general market reaction to paid DLCs .. I agree with you whole-heartedly though about ME2

Oh snap, I plan to buy DOA soon. Did they go down the opposite path with that game? I know they didnt have a whole lot of content for ME1 and it came out later. But I didnt think they would have paid content ready to soon after a game launch.

I guess I could forgive them if they learned from the mistake. Im going to go look up DLC release dates. =P

jango
02-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Oh snap, I plan to buy DOA soon. Did they go down the opposite path with that game? I know they didnt have a whole lot of content for ME1 and it came out later. But I didnt think they would have paid content ready to soon after a game launch.

I guess I could forgive them if they learned from the mistake. Im going to go look up DLC release dates. =P

my view is that the 2 out of the 3 DLCs are worth it .. esp as they cost hardly anything .. but i meant more generally about charging 'too' much for them

also, u only need to look at the trends with the borderlands DLCs to see how horrificly a company can get it wrong

cr4ftm4ch1ne
03-02-2010, 05:38 AM
Nice one! GreaT GAME