PDA

View Full Version : The Hotdog is in need of a re-design apprently.

Yuuki
03-05-2010, 04:10 PM
I just found this article lawlworthy:

The Stew: Hot dog redesign? Pediatricians think it's the answer to choke-proof links (http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/thestew/2010/02/hot-dog-redesign-pediatricians-think-thats-the-answer-to-chokeproof-links.html)

Apparently since hot dogs are "choking hazards" to small children,
pediatricians seem to believe that the hot dog should undergo a makeover.
Instead of you know, cutting or breaking their kids' food into smaller pieces? hahh.

The American Academy of Pediatrics, based in Elk Grove Village, wants to see a warning label on hot dogs, reports USA Today. And not for the reasons you might think. It claims hot dogs are a choking hazard for little kids and hopes the iconic link can be "redesigned." "The best way to protect kids is to design these risks out of existence," the author of the policy statement is quoted as saying.

The National Sausage & Hot Dog Council,
which questions the need for warning labels since many hot dog packages already have choking prevention tips (i.e. cut them in small pieces).
I'd like to see the "warning label", though. :P

HamadaLFC8
03-05-2010, 04:17 PM
what .... the..... ?

Yuuki
03-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Exactly what I said lol.
And can someone edit the thread name and spell apparently right? XD damn typo.

LemonRising
03-05-2010, 04:37 PM
NO

HOT DOGS ARE FINE

if your child chokes on a hotdog, then natural selection will do away with them!

> : U LEAVE HOTDOGS ALONNNNNNNNNE

Project Blaze
03-05-2010, 04:49 PM
wth? That'd be a waste of time to put a choking hazard warning on a freak'n hotdog. IT's pretty much common sense to not feed kids big things, isn't it? idk Just seems kinda ridiculous. :x