PDA

View Full Version : New Users Can No longer Private Message

LiNuX
03-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Users that have been a member for less than 24 hours with less than 10 posts have a lot of restrictions. This is just another. I just banned a load of people for spamming current member's inboxes. From now on, new registrations will no longer be able to send any kind of PMs.

If you are a new member and you have issues, either open a thread or use the contact button to get in touch with our staff: Gamers Forum - Contact Us (http://www.gamers-forum.com/sendmessage.php)

Spam will never be tolerated here. Active members with more than 10 posts who has been with us for more than 24 hours is not affected by this. This thread is opened for those that may have questions regarding sending PMs.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in this thread. If you have any complaints, put it in the complaint box.

~LiNuX

KittyCat72
03-07-2010, 09:08 AM
This is a nice addition. I hate getting those spammy PMs.They're just stupid, especially sending them to a moderator... ban! :P

LemonRising
03-07-2010, 11:58 AM
I guess I'm lucky that I've only gotten one or two spam PMs.

Good idea though Linux <:

Diligence109
03-07-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm guess I'm lucky that I'm still a noob enough to the forum to not have gotten any spammy PMs ;)

Can new members leave visitor messages on people's profiles? I feel that it would follow that they shouldn't be able to do that if they can't send PMs.

LiNuX
03-07-2010, 07:08 PM
I'm guess I'm lucky that I'm still a noob enough to the forum to not have gotten any spammy PMs ;)

Can new members leave visitor messages on people's profiles? I feel that it would follow that they shouldn't be able to do that if they can't send PMs.

They can, but it's moderated, meaning a mod or an admin has to approve before it shows up. I've banned plenty of people trying to spam there as well.

bless
04-24-2010, 10:44 PM
yeah all the forum should have this option

HamadaLFC8
04-25-2010, 08:02 AM
I never got any either :P and guess I will never on this forum :P haha yey!

glenofimaal
07-30-2010, 10:54 AM
That explains everything lol :)

EpsilonX
07-30-2010, 12:07 PM
lmao, i'm one of the top posters and i have yet to get a spam PM.

good addition.

Jaykub
07-30-2010, 01:24 PM

good addition.

Really? I get it alot.. well I used to.

Kenoi
08-01-2010, 10:45 PM
I just noticed that people like to advertise stuff like sites with a reference number. That way, they get some kind of credit. it ain't cool, what's up with that?! I really hope its not like an invasion of the new member adverts. this is a good idea though.

thedeparted
08-01-2010, 10:49 PM

good addition.

I've gotten like 3 ever. lol

Rachel
08-01-2010, 11:19 PM
No PM for me then -tear-
Spam is a big deal here I'd imagine.

Subb
08-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Its a big deal anywhere really and rather annoying.

Dess
08-02-2010, 06:16 AM
No PM for me then -tear-
Spam is a big deal here I'd imagine.

You should be able to as soon as you hit your 24 hour mark.

And yeah... it's super annoying...lol

EpsilonX
08-02-2010, 10:19 AM
It's huge here, since this is one of the first sites that pops up on google search when you search for gamer forum. so there's tons and tons of people seeing it, and if somebody can plug their link then there's a chance that a ton of people will see their link. We don't want people just coming here and plugging their link, we want people coming here and participating in things. I think some of these strict rules discourage some people from sticking around, which is unfortunate, but I think it's better than having spam everywhere up in mah grillz