PDA

View Full Version : Rate Me Rate our new system

PwnageSystems
03-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Hi, my name is Ken and I am starting a business building high-end, extreme gaming computers. The company I am forming is built upon a core group of extreme gamers bent on building the sickest systems out there, hand tuned for maximum game performance. As gamers ourselves, we are extremely attuned to what the gaming community wants, so we would like your feedback on our proposed high-end system. Your feedback, positive or negative, is appreciated.

1. What do you think of the following setup:
Intel i7-975EE CPU overclocked to 4.5GHz
EVGA X58 Classified 3x SLI Motherboard
Dual ATI 5970 or dual GeForce GTX 295 video cards in SLI or crossfire
12GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3-2000 RAM
Custom dual-loop (dual pump) liquid cooling system, including:
-Heatkiller 3.0 nickel plated CPU cooling block
-EK FB Chipset waterblock
-Full video card waterblocks
-MCP655 pump with bitspower dress kit
-HW Labs SR-1 Black Ice 360 radiator x 2
Corsair HX1000W PSU
Dual 160GB SSD or dual 300GB VR in RAID 0
1.5TB HDD
Blu-ray player
Blu-ray burner
Fan control and temp gauge
Mountain Mods case
Anything you would add, take away? This would be our top of the line system. Other mid and low range systems are in the works. Suggestions on these systems is also welcome.

2. What price range do you think we should sell this system at?

3. I plan to offer these systems in kit form as well for the do-it-yourselfer. Is this an option that you would find attractive?

4. How do you find out about companies that sell gaming computers? What marketing seems to work best with you?

5. How would you suggest we go about getting in touch with hardcore gamers like ourselves? How would you market these computers?

6. Tell us a little about yourself so I can get a feel for the demographics we are working with…Male/female? Age? Education level?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. As gamers ourselves, we want to be responsive to what YOU want. We want to be thought of as gamers providing the community with exactly what they need

Ken
Pwnage Systems Inc.

BobTD
03-08-2010, 08:45 PM
I don't know that you went about asking for information the right way, and cant guarantee this wont get locked as spam. But I will give my two cents as a gamer.

1. Whats up with the blue ray components. I'm not much of a hardware person but what I do know is that those are expensive and the list of blue ray games is short. If you really want to make money and increase the number of potential customers, a high end system doesn't need to be an omi-box. Just playing games is fine, it doesn't have to play movies or be able to burn discs with a blue ray format.

2. I cant honestly answer that. I don't what your costs are, if you buy from retail suppliers or direct. And I haven't done the research on your product, or a business model that would work for an ambitious project like this.

If you are asking what I am willing to pay, I can say I spent 3K on my last computer, that was three and a half years ago and you could now probably build something better for $500. I would suggest building affordable computers that would stand up to the last 6 months games released and updating it accordingly, every six months.

As well as providing the hardware to update to that standard or having a paid service to update them for your customers. You also have to consider warranties and what people expect quality wise or they will take their business elsewhere.

3. Each answer will vary, but lot of people have friends that will help them assemble a computer. If you can save time and increase profit by offering kits then that would probably be a popular option.

4. Advertising is best placed in relevant media. If you have a system that runs a certain high end game (like crisis) advertise on fan sites of that game. Im not an expert on it, maybe it would be better to invest in people that do that professionally. Or at least look around and see if you are willing to invest in that option for the price.

5. Play games, maybe start your own servers for certain games. Hold events like offering money for every customer refereed who buys something. Find popular new games that you can create servers for, just don't go game to game spamming recruitment info. Some games also feature in game advertising. It may be worth your time to research how well that works. Try approaching a game like Anarchy and asking about advertising. That game has been around forever, but let them know you need prof advertising works first.

6. Male, some college, plays to many video games.

squad
03-10-2010, 03:45 AM
Too much stuff for any gamer.... I have a good computer not as good as the one you listed but mine could play any game at max settings. That's just being dumb with your money or have tons of it.