PDA

View Full Version : Do you associate a certain game with a certain mood?

Project Blaze
03-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Like, say, anger for example. I used to play Tekken 3 when I was mad. Dunno why really.. but anyway, it worked a lot. Now if I've grown to the point that I bottle things up, but memories of Tekken prompted me to put a thread like this up. Even though I play Front Mission 3 with Static-X absolutely BLARING nowadays. That's the anger part, the mellow part I where I try to play every game at once. XD I can't make up my mind which game to play so I turn the PS on, then turn it off to put in a new game, then switch back. It's so annoying! >_<

Ahem.. but anyway.. is anyone else like that or is it just meh? ;_;

EDIT: I forgot I was in the general gaming area. >_< This probably belongs in "Post Anything". Sorry!

Morticia
03-19-2010, 08:12 PM
I always play one of the Left 4 Deads whenever I'm made.... Exploding undead heads has a rather calming effect.

jango
03-19-2010, 10:26 PM
Do you associate a certain game with a certain mood?

Short answer - no
Long answer - noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Muffincat
03-19-2010, 10:29 PM
The only thing I can think of is when I feel a certain kind of illness, I want to play Kingdom Hearts II O_o. The first time I got it I was really sick, and then the last time I really felt like playing it was when I had some mysterious and completely awful itching fit that lasted like 4 days and was so bad I was bleeding and couldn't get up and go to class and it was awful and I played KH2.

I have no idea. And I have never played it since.

Project Blaze
03-19-2010, 10:40 PM
I always play one of the Left 4 Deads whenever I'm made.... Exploding undead heads has a rather calming effect.

XD
Exploding heads are the creme de la creme!! (I think I spelled that right..)

LemonRising
03-20-2010, 09:39 PM
is bored a mood?

when I'm bored I play warcraft 3.

EpsilonX
03-21-2010, 11:46 AM
idk, usually i play games when i'm bored, and my mood comes AFTER the game.

like, when i play god of war, i usually end up mad.
when i play megaman battle network, i nostalgia.
when i play diablo or starcraft, i end up sad.
when i play early pokemon games, i end up sad.
when i play shadow of the colossus, i also end up sad but relaxed. (sad because the game is only fun the first time)

my moods are almost directly associated with music though.

Project Blaze
03-21-2010, 12:52 PM
O_o That's weird, never expected anyone to be like that as far as that goes. But kewL! XD

EpsilonX
03-21-2010, 01:11 PM
O_o That's weird, never expected anyone to be like that as far as that goes. But kewL! XD

well god of war is hard and it makes me mad.
i meant to say i end up happy when i play diablo or starcraft cuz those games are winsauce.
the early pokemon games make me sad cuz they're amazing but extremely dated
and shadow is a pretty laid back game so it makes me relaxed.

lol there's a reason for each one

Project Blaze
03-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Oh. Well now that I think about it, some of my moods come after I play. Like anger, when I'm playing and I can't get past a certain point I tend to squeeze and twist the controller out of frustration. XD At least I used to, I'm being more careful with my PS3.

EpsilonX
03-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Oh. Well now that I think about it, some of my moods come after I play. Like anger, when I'm playing and I can't get past a certain point I tend to squeeze and twist the controller out of frustration. XD At least I used to, I'm being more careful with my PS3.

oh, i broke my ps3 controller playing god of war collection. so i took it apart and reassembled it. broke it again playing FF13. took it apart and reassembled again. aha

Project Blaze
03-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Hahah! XD I keep calling my PS3 my babeh so I try not. Don't ask why I call it that though. lolz

Dess
03-23-2010, 10:51 AM
I tend to play Borderlands or Bayonetta when I'm stressed out... Final Fantasy when I'm just relaxing.

EpsilonX
03-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Hahah! XD I keep calling my PS3 my babeh so I try not. Don't ask why I call it that though. lolz

hey man, i've said before that if my PS3 had the proper parts, i would do it.

Project Blaze
03-23-2010, 12:16 PM
XD XD Sooo not normal. Maybe we need therapy? XD

LemonRising
03-23-2010, 12:24 PM
I think yous need therapy.

Project Blaze
03-23-2010, 12:39 PM
XP Just cuz I'm different. Gawd. lolz :P

Charlotte
03-29-2010, 08:12 AM
actually i dont. i played every game for fun

Kenoi
03-29-2010, 11:58 AM
haha, same here, when I get mad I either play some fighting games. street fighter, or Tekken. yeah. haha.

Morticia
03-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Lately I've been playing Fallout 3 when I have artistic block going on...
I have no idea why.