PDA

View Full Version : Overboard getting remade

thedeparted
03-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Jennifer Lopez is working on a comeback of sorts right now, having hosted SNL a few weeks ago and starring in April's The Back-Up Plan. If you thought that would be it, though, be warned-- THR is now reporting that Lopez is also attached to a remake of Overboard, the 1987 Goldie Hawn- Kurt Russell comedy directed by still-kickin' Garry Marshall.

Lopez would be stepping into Hawn's role, of course, playing a spoiled rich woman who gets amnesia when she falls off a ship, and is convinced by a carpenter that she is his wife/full-time housekeeper. Obviously romance ensues. There was a time when Lopez would have seemed like the natural successor to Goldie Hawn's gifts of physical comedy, but that was before a lot of awful romantic comedies and, from what I hear, The Back-Up Plan. The original Overboard is barely 20 years old; it's hard to imagine why this particular remake already needs to happen.

:sigh: i hate you hollywood.

LemonRising
03-20-2010, 09:36 PM
.................................................. ..................................

AUGH

remakes
fail hard

jango
03-20-2010, 10:45 PM
omg .. why? it saddens me how many films from the past get remade, with hardly any of them being equivalent or better than the original .. seems very very lazy

thedeparted
03-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Yeah, Hollywood's creativity is essentially dead