PDA

View Full Version : Where would you go for a visit/vacation?

Project Blaze
04-07-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm interested in who wants to go where, and hopefully get an idea of new places that I'd like to go to for some R&R.

I've been wanting to go to Australia for the longest time. I'm not really even sure why anymore though, just that I really want to. :x I wouldn't go to a sandy area since I got sand-blasted a lot during our last visit to a place like that. -_- But let's hear it!Where would your dream vacation or dream visit be?

jango
04-07-2010, 03:50 PM
for me it would be either prague, venice, or scotland (near glencoe)

LemonRising
04-07-2010, 03:53 PM
I've always wanted to visit ireland and meet relatives.

But theres this cottage we always rent and I LOVE IT I wish it was always summer and I could live there,

Dess
04-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Anywhere!! I'm always up for travel.. I do want to go to Paris, London, Greece, Venice, Sydney, Dublin, and Amsterdam.. specifically.. but I want to go to Jamaica, Hawaii, and Egypt too... lol. I want to see everywhere I haven't been before.. pretty much...lol

RaiDae
04-07-2010, 05:32 PM
I wanna go somehwere hot. And sunny... and where i can learn to scuba dive and surf XD

But i'd like to go to Japan at somepoint. And america.

We should all rent an island and make a gf holiday XD

Dess
04-07-2010, 05:38 PM
I wanna go somehwere hot. And sunny... and where i can learn to scuba dive and surf XD

Hellz Yeah!!!!!

HamadaLFC8
04-07-2010, 05:41 PM
HAWAIIIII!!! Or Maledives would do too... I've been growing up next to the sea since I was 6 so I love it!!! And I really wanna learn how to surf, and surfer girls are just woa!!!!

@ Jango... don't go to Prague... Vienna is 1000x better ;)

jango
04-07-2010, 05:44 PM
@ Jango... don't go to Prague... Vienna is 1000x better ;)

trust me, there's a good reason for me to go there *winks* .. but aye, vienna would be nice too

HamadaLFC8
04-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Ohhhhhh *rolls eyes* I see :P

LiNuX
04-07-2010, 05:54 PM
All over Italy...

I was supposed to go to Australia to visit family but never found the right time to go. Might go this summer or next summer when I'll have a lot of time.

Kenoi
04-07-2010, 06:07 PM
hmm.
Japan, Philippines, South Korea, Australia, Brazil & Spain.
why? I haven't a clue... its just a 'dream' that will hopefully come true . haha.

Jaykub
04-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Can't go wrong with the beach man..

Lol at linux's double post

Diligence109
04-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Lol at linux's double post

I kno rite? I got to moderate the admin LOL

my family does this beach trip every year that I super look forward to, but I would LOVE to get out to the Netherlands! But really, if I were going to make the trouble to get overseas, I would probably try to epically meet up with one of you GF dudes/dudettes out there ;)

Charlotte
04-08-2010, 12:15 AM
i am dream to visit tokyo, love they city, so advancing and especially the technologies.
Some other stuff like anime, manga which been my favorite stuff lately...

Kink3bird
04-08-2010, 01:39 AM
I'd like to go back and visit Russia one day. Haven't been there since the glorious empire fell... or Ireland, the Irish part I mean :]

Muffincat
04-08-2010, 01:41 AM
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii would like to go to many places in Europe... England, Germany, Scotland, Ireland... Poland... tons more... I would love to go to Japan again... the U.S. states I haven't visited... hmmm... there are lots of places... travel is something that extremely interests me

thedeparted
04-08-2010, 02:20 AM

Hell yeah to this! Greece is selling em, we should buy 1!

LiNuX
04-08-2010, 07:06 AM
My double post is probably because my browser froze.

As for a GF island, if we can rack up enough money, why not?

Kenoi
04-08-2010, 09:11 AM
imagine?? Gamer Forum island... where would that be located at...

LemonRising
04-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Well its not only about getting money for the actual island but we'd need water systems, electricity, INTERNET (we would all die without internet, admit it).
maybe we could train monkeys to do all our work.

Also there are two cottages i go to every year, one with my mom and one with my dad. BOTH ARE FULL OF DRUNKEN PEOPLE its pretty great. its all beach for both places only the one with my dad is a resort.

Im pretty okay with just finding local places for vacations. Canadas pretty great and it's mostly about who you go with anyways.

jango
04-08-2010, 10:55 AM
i still think we should rent the UK - it's kind've an island, and i'm feeling particularly lazy

RaiDae
04-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Okay, so... taking into account everybodys opinions and money situation. I suggest we rent out a cottage or two for a wee while. Maybe in america - cos it's cheapere for the majority of us, or over here in the UK 'cos it'd be a nice experience or ...i dunno... the canary islands?

OR (and this is my beter idea), somebody steals a yacht for all you guys in the general USA and Canadian area and I'll get one for us UK chaps. Then we'll meet in the middle of the ocean. :) and have one hell of a party!!!

LemonRising
04-08-2010, 05:43 PM
I like rai's idea.

NO LAWS
NO RULES

We'll be like pirates.

jango
04-08-2010, 05:47 PM
I like rai's idea.

NO LAWS
NO RULES

We'll be like pirates.

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/cute-puppy-pictures-peg-leg-pirate.jpg

HamadaLFC8
04-08-2010, 06:00 PM
hahahaha nice pic xD

Project Blaze
04-08-2010, 10:15 PM
XD That'd totally pwn if we had our own island! I'm almost tempted to go rob some banks for some of that monayz that we'd need though. lol

All these sandy areas. BLaH. I think that sand-blasting childhood experience scarred me for life or somethin. I dread ze sand!! >_< Oh yea, hey Dili! Come to Colorado!! We'd have such a freakn blast! XD Gamez and other.. erm.. "arrangements".. would be in ze master planz! XD

I almost forgot to mention Egypt. Everything about Ancient Egypt just intrigues me. Plus I did a lot of research on their Gods and Goddesses, and a few other things. That'd be sooo kikin' sweet to go to Australia or Egypt!!! ^_^

Dess
04-08-2010, 10:35 PM
XD That'd totally pwn if we had our own island! I'm almost tempted to go rob some banks for some of that monayz that we'd need though. lol

All these sandy areas. BLaH. I think that sand-blasting childhood experience scarred me for life or somethin. I dread ze sand!! >_< Oh yea, hey Dili! Come to Colorado!! We'd have such a freakn blast! XD Gamez and other.. erm.. "arrangements".. would be in ze master planz! XD

I almost forgot to mention Egypt. Everything about Ancient Egypt just intrigues me. Plus I did a lot of research on their Gods and Goddesses, and a few other things. That'd be sooo kikin' sweet to go to Australia or Egypt!!! ^_^

lol. Egypt is top on my list too.. for the same reasons.

Kink3bird
04-09-2010, 01:39 AM
Egypt.. The idea of sand without any surf just kinda bothers me...

Dess
04-09-2010, 02:06 AM
Egypt.. The idea of sand without any surf just kinda bothers me...

There's always the Dead Sea.... it'd be pretty cool to check out.. But I'm a history buff... soooo I wanna go for that aspect.

HamadaLFC8
04-09-2010, 05:25 AM
Egypt ..... Cairo is baaaaaaahhhh WAY TOO MUCH traffic, the city is filled with smog and dust :S and the cab drivers rip you off like crazy!
Let's say 3 people take 3 different cabs but all to the same destination;
The Egyptian will pay $5
The Arab will pay $10
And the European or American will pay $25
Once I heard a story where one cab driver spoke to the other "So where you taking them?" The other cab driver was like "Oh to the mall but I'm giving them a city tour at the same time ;)"
If you didn't get it, he's taking a detour just to make more money xD

No joke trust me, I've been to Egypt several times and there are a lot of Egyptians over here. On the other side the pyramids and all the rest are pretty nice just make sure they don't rip you off. :P

Dess
04-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Okay, so... taking into account everybodys opinions and money situation. I suggest we rent out a cottage or two for a wee while. Maybe in america - cos it's cheapere for the majority of us, or over here in the UK 'cos it'd be a nice experience or ...i dunno... the canary islands?

OR (and this is my beter idea), somebody steals a yacht for all you guys in the general USA and Canadian area and I'll get one for us UK chaps. Then we'll meet in the middle of the ocean. :) and have one hell of a party!!!

Ya know.. That actually isn't a bad idea at all!!!! A friend of mine owns a cabin on Lake Tahoe... she rents it out when they aren't using it. It has TONS of room... I should find the link and post it.. we could all chill there.

Project Blaze
04-09-2010, 01:11 PM
XD Awesome!! Eeeexcept for the fact that I dunno how to swim, and I always think the boat is gonna capsize for some reason. :/ But that'd still be kewl!! lol

lol. Egypt is top on my list too.. for the same reasons.

Sweet! I'm not alone! w00t! ^_^

Subb
04-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Well my family owns a vacation home on sebago lake in maine. with a boat that can fit 11 ppl comfortably also for the ladies theres a potty in it. there are also a few nice beaches to go to as well. So that can cut out the rental expenses.

Dess
04-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Well my family owns a vacation home on sebago lake in maine. with a boat that can fit 11 ppl comfortably also for the ladies theres a potty in it. there are also a few nice beaches to go to as well. So that can cut out the rental expenses.

Ehhh. Me and boats don't get along so well.. Motion sickness is a ....

BigBod
04-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Not on here much.. but as far as OZ for a place to holiday is concerned??? Go for it, I lived there for many yrs and Holidayed at North Stradbroke Island off the Queensland coast, absolutely beautiful, swim in the ocean, take long walks, drink ice cold beer. I was mightily impressed and went back the next year. If you're going to OZ from Europe, take at least 3 weeks, any shorter is not worth it.

Subb
04-11-2010, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=BigBod;204971 drink ice cold beer[/QUOTE]
you are ok in my book already.

LorraineC
04-26-2010, 08:44 AM
I find Cape Cod uber serene. Also Florence - it's also gorgeous and food is unreal. I hear the south of France is also fantastic.

Kink3bird
04-26-2010, 11:43 PM
I find Cape Cod uber serene. Also Florence - it's also gorgeous and food is unreal. I hear the south of France is also fantastic.

Wow cape cod, haven't been there in awhile but upstate is a good choice haha

GrandMoff
04-27-2010, 12:36 AM
I want to vacation to London!