PDA

View Full Version : General Info Which FPS Takes The Most Skill To Dominate

addam
04-12-2010, 04:06 AM
I'm just wandering which fps you guys think takes the most skill / talent to be very good at. I really like to play Halo 3+. The highest level i've reached is a 35 but typically in team play when i play any players about a 32 or so, i pretty much get raped.

I think part of the reason i enjoy halo, particularly halo 3+ is because its a game that you truly have to be talented at to be able to compete with the best players.

Anyways, i've been out of the gaming loop for a while and havn't tried very many fps games other than COD which i'm not a huge fan of.

Just inviting some members to persuade me why i might want to try out some other fps shooters and maybe argue about which fps involves the most raw skills.

I'm not really sure if i'm wording it right or whatever, but basically i feel like Halo has the most natural feeling game play and aiming, you really have to learn how to dominate the joysticks to be a great player. I myself, feel like i've played quite a bit and have started to realize i probably just wont get any better at the game... still like to play though...

jango
04-12-2010, 07:53 AM
I'm just wandering which fps you guys think takes the most skill / talent to be very good at.

Hmm intersting one .. i suppose it depends wot u consider good - high scores or effective teamplay which don't necesasrily go hand in hand. For me at least I prefer large scale maps, and seeing as you're from a COD background you'll know maps like Hurtgen, Carentan, or Chateau ... commanding these maps in squads during clan matches was some of the best fun I've had in FPS gaming. Sadly later versions of COD didn't live up to that when it comes to map scale, going right up to the tiny maps of COD4 and later. Currently I've been playing Bad Company 2 and the large scale maps, rewards for teamplay, and other goodies really make it stand out .. although it's single player isn't as good as mw2.

As for which FPS is the hardest to master I'd have to go old school and say Delta Force (a forerunner of Battlefield 1942) .. even when playing against bots it was hard and required a lot of skills rather than just good aim. Thankfully games like Bad Company 2 carry on this fine tradition.

Kink3bird
04-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Well I like to think of it as whats going to put you on the top of the leaderboard and playing Battlefield, you really don't have to move two feet to really do that in a lot of cases.

Gears of War - just because you there is no unlock bull****, no classes, no difference between you and the other player. It's just Lancer, shotgun, pistol, grenades and some power weapons around the map. It really puts you up head to head against someone else and you know it's not the class build that's dominating, it's you.

Counterstrike - I mean between all the people who whore over this game and all the hackers you really have to be good to be a legit player. The game uses pretty old school box physics without any ballistic science added in. It's all in the WSAD and left mouse buttons.

HamadaLFC8
04-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Battlefield series has to be in there!

addam
04-12-2010, 02:43 PM
I'll have to check out Bad Company 2 as i've yet to play it. It looked intriguing when i was watching some of the youtube "explosion party" videos. i need to quit playing poker (http://playpokeronline.me/) so much and check it out.

jango
04-12-2010, 05:14 PM
I'll have to check out Bad Company 2 as i've yet to play it. It looked intriguing when i was watching some of the youtube "explosion party" videos.

well, if you get it on the pc let me know .. maybe we can hook up and have some laughs

Kenoi
04-12-2010, 07:43 PM
I would say Gears of War, would take a while to masterr

PizziJQ
04-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Gears of War for sure. lol I don't know if this was bad controls setup but this game was hard as hell to get good at.

addam
04-13-2010, 10:16 PM
well, if you get it on the pc let me know .. maybe we can hook up and have some laughs

what is you're motivation to play via pc? do you play on a pc that you have setup specifically for gaming?