PDA

View Full Version : Best Horror Action Games

youthism_is_me
04-16-2010, 12:10 PM
I was not sure what to put this under so I figured it would be safe to place it here. Place the best horror adventure games you can think . or just place all the ones you can think

-Resident evil
-Outbreak
-survivor 1-2
-1,2,3,4,5 and deadly silence
- unbrella chronicles ( not good)
-Bio shock 1,2
-nightmare cretures
-Doom 1,2,3
SIlent Hill (All)
Dead Space
Fear
and well those are the ones i play although nc is not that great of a game

EpsilonX
04-22-2010, 02:15 PM
well, action horror games are different from adventure horror and survival horror.

old resident evil games are survival/adventure horror
silent hill is just plain survival horror (especially so if playing on hard)
new resident evil is just action horror
fear is action horror

most horror games these days are action horror.

my favorite is silent hill 2, but system shock 2 is awesome as well

wicked_witch
04-23-2010, 01:03 AM
dead rising..i love it...

Charlotte
04-23-2010, 02:02 AM
Doom 3, Silent Hill, FEAR, Dead Space, Gears of War, Ju-On.

And currently 'Rain', although it's drama kinda game.

youthism_is_me
04-27-2010, 11:31 AM
well, action horror games are different from adventure horror and survival horror.

fear is action horror

Let me restate myself . List Horror games of any Genre . But thanks for your Input . I didnt think about it .

EpsilonX
04-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Here's just a random dump of some horror games that come to mind (not listing sequels)

Eternal Darkness
Condemned
alone in the dark
FEAR
Dead Space
Resident Evil
Dino Crisis
System Shock 2
Silent Hill
Siren
Fatal Frame
Clock Tower
Haunting Ground
Doom
The Thing
Left IV Dead
Parasite Eve

there's more obviously, but some of them i just can't think of the names of right now. And I think I hit all of the main series

youthism_is_me
04-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Here's just a random dump of some horror games that come to mind (not listing sequels)

Eternal Darkness
Condemned
alone in the dark
FEAR
Dead Space
Resident Evil
Dino Crisis
System Shock 2
Silent Hill
Siren
Fatal Frame
Clock Tower
Haunting Ground

there's more obviously, but some of them i just can't think of the names of right now. And I think I hit all of the main series

I didnt know that Dino Crisis wa s horror game . But i forgot all about the clock tower great game . ALso would you consider the N64 Turoks Horro games .

EpsilonX
04-27-2010, 12:24 PM
I didnt know that Dino Crisis wa s horror game . But i forgot all about the clock tower great game . ALso would you consider the N64 Turoks Horro games .

well dino crisis 1 is basically resident evil with dinosaurs. dino crisis 3 is also a horror game, but ive never played it. dino crisis 2 is an action adventure game. And I wouldn't really consider turok horror, but seeing as i never played it I'm not the right person to ask.

edit: i added more to the list

Endgameko
05-21-2010, 12:50 AM
Siren is perhaps my favourite for atmosphere.
Dark Seed
Dead Rising
Project zero series aka fatal frame
Resident evil
Fear
silent hill
The Ju-on game is awful........ Gave me pure disease from playing it lol

thedeparted
05-21-2010, 01:08 PM
Have you played the Siren on the PSN? I played the short section that they gave for free but never got around to buying all the eps to beat it

Endgameko
05-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Have you played the Siren on the PSN? I played the short section that they gave for free but never got around to buying all the eps to beat it

I went out and brought it at a shop in my city on disc, it was released in england and japan. So over here you can pick it up for nothing anywhere

EpsilonX
05-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Siren bloodcurse or whatever the one on PSN is called was terrible. The original one looks good though.

Linx_is_me
09-19-2010, 02:55 PM
I just got my own copy of Fatal Frame about a month ago thinking it would be the best horror game ever made . Now I just hope the second one is better . Maybe the M rating will boost content . Not sure , Fatal frame was very good for a T rated game though.

EpsilonX
09-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Fatal Frame 1 was only a T? I have the second one, it's kinda meh. It could have been ridiculously scary if they made it so you could only see ghosts when the camera was out, but they didn't do that...so eh.

I didn't get very far into it before getting bored and giving up

Linx_is_me
09-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Yeah it was rated T, And I want to play the second one still . But I hope it is at least a little more scary . Some Friend of mine told me that it was more jumpy then deadspace . I hope this is true .

Jaykub
09-21-2010, 10:05 AM
I just did a search on fatal frame, this game looks awesome O_O I've got to got to pick it up sometime soon.

Aniki
09-22-2010, 04:27 AM
Resident Evil 5 wasn't a very scary game to me, but yesterday totally changed my mind. Went to play the 'Lost in Nightmares' expansion, and it was horribly terribly scary!

And Lost Planet... They even made it scary in LBP levels xD

EpsilonX
09-22-2010, 01:45 PM
....You thought lost planet was scary?

okay man lol

Anyways, best horror game is Silent Hill 2. but most people say that RE4 is the best horror/action game. (ive only played it for about 5 minutes)

Linx_is_me
09-23-2010, 05:09 PM
I just did a search on fatal frame, this game looks awesome O_O I've got to got to pick it up sometime soon.

Well the game was ok , However I do think alot of people wrote reviews that were inaccurate of the game . I have beat it and if you are a devoted horror gamer . Then you will not be scared ( jumpy ) of the game after only about half hour . It kept me interested with the story . But it was not very scary . Although I am a hardcore horror gamer . I still find that as posted early Silent hill 2 is so far the best horror game I have played .

Raoul
11-12-2010, 02:42 AM
For me it was Doom 3, F.E.A.R 2 and Silent Hill Homecoming.

Linx_is_me
11-13-2010, 12:10 AM
Resident Evil 5 wasn't a very scary game to me, but yesterday totally changed my mind. Went to play the 'Lost in Nightmares' expansion, and it was horribly terribly scary!

And Lost Planet... They even made it scary in LBP levels xD

Hmmm , I started this but never got to far , Maybe I will go try at it a little longer .

BobTD
11-13-2010, 12:33 AM
Sorry guys the best horror action game ever was Avp2 as the colonial marine for PC. Hands down. =P

Best survival horror I have played is Amnesia an indie game you can find on steam. Watch the trailer andtry the demo if you don't believe me.

W1CKEDTW1STED
11-13-2010, 08:48 AM
Agreed on Resident Evil (The first one, Directors Cut). I loved that game. I have a PS2, but can't find that game anywhere. *sadtimes*

jango
11-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Aye I'm kinda with Bob on this, although for me personally I'd simply have to include Doom 3 too .. not so much playing it these days, but back when it came out.

Also, any game featuring either pokemon, Barbie, or a pop star also horrifies me but for different reasons :)

W1CKEDTW1STED
11-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Also, any game featuring either pokemon, Barbie, or a pop star also horrifies me but for different reasons :)

Hahahaha. Me too. :twitcy:

Linx_is_me
11-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Agreed on Resident Evil (The first one, Directors Cut). I loved that game. I have a PS2, but can't find that game anywhere. *sadtimes*
Hmm well if you have a ps3 psp or a ds . It is very easy to get , you can buy it in the playstation store for about 7.99 and you can get it on the ds also . That might be worth checking out .

W1CKEDTW1STED
11-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Hmm well if you have a ps3 psp or a ds . It is very easy to get , you can buy it in the playstation store for about 7.99 and you can get it on the ds also . That might be worth checking out .

On the DS? Really? Never knew that. My wife has a DS. I may check that out! Thanks for the tip!

Linx_is_me
11-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Yeah it has two version's the regular ps1 verion then there is a Special first person version.
http://pwned.com/gamecovers/ds/714953c5e1275d479a5ab996c6074e2d-Resident_Evil__Deadly_Silence.jpg
WOAH what happened to my picture .

RecreationalGamer
11-15-2010, 02:49 PM

fear is action horror

Meh...I'm gonna have to say D.

Remember, on PS1?

Not much action, but there is a rolling ball at one point, and then a wall closing in on you...and (spoiler alert)...your father eats you if you let him.