PDA

View Full Version : Question about Dragon Age.

Jjjet1
04-21-2010, 12:53 PM
I was thinking on getting the game. But I do not know if i should get it for the 360 or if I should get it for the PC. Has anyone tried both of them out and would like to say? I've played some RPG games of the 360 and they weren't as good as they could be if they were played on the PC. But I've also seen it the other way around to. Anyone know about this one?

Subb
04-21-2010, 01:14 PM
I play it on the 360, But after seeing people who play it on the pc i wish i had gotten it for the pc.

jango
04-21-2010, 02:17 PM
It's difficult for me to be unbiased about this, seeing as i play the pc version .. but take a look at the steam community or the dao forums themselves and you'll see that generally it seems the pc version does edge ahead. I think now that the game has been out for a while, with a few DLCs, and an expansion, people are now looking to the thriving mod community to provide extra content, remodels etc .. the pc is ideally suited for that. Having said that i've found that the over-riding thing i've heard about the difference between the 360 and the pc in real terms is the controls, again with the pc being a little more intuitive.

But hey, that's just my view .. my advice would be to look at what the community says.

Renzo
04-29-2010, 11:07 AM
I play this using my PC. I think the need for using hotkeys and tactical pauses makes the PC the best format to play it on from a gameplay perspective.

I've also read reviews that say it runs better on a PC. Apparently the console versions are slightly spoiled by numerous small glitches.

You'll enjoy it, on whatever system you play it on though. I'm 50 hours in and yet I've only explored 51% of the world!

jango
04-29-2010, 12:45 PM
I play this using my PC. I think the need for using hotkeys and tactical pauses makes the PC the best format to play it on from a gameplay perspective.

I've also read reviews that say it runs better on a PC. Apparently the console versions are slightly spoiled by numerous small glitches.

You'll enjoy it, on whatever system you play it on though. I'm 50 hours in and yet I've only explored 51% of the world!

i hope you make your way to irc sometime .. i LOVE dragon age & awakening :)

i remember being at that point in the game, and knowing that it's just gonna get better .. good times

klix666
04-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Yes, I do.

Charlotte
04-29-2010, 07:01 PM
Dragon Age almost similar to MMORPG since the game almost similar or just look like online game, that what makes the game amazing.

And trust me, get it for PC is better.

Lot of peeps play Dragon Age on PC though.

Subb
04-29-2010, 07:08 PM
What if the world are you trying to say here. I got a head ache just reading it let alone tryin to figure it out

Charlotte
04-29-2010, 07:11 PM
What if the world are you trying to say here. I got a head ache just reading it let alone tryin to figure it out

you mean me? :(

Subb
04-29-2010, 07:14 PM
you mean me? :(

Yes that first sentence there is so a line of total confusion

Diligence109
04-29-2010, 08:17 PM
Elan was saying that the game resembles an MMO and those qualities make it amazing.
I'm pretty sure that's what he meant, that line acutally looks pretty intelligible to me.

Go for the PC version, jjjet - struggling with controls on a game like this is just not worth it... just look down at your keyboard for a second -

so... many... buttons...
much more potential than a xbox controller for a game like Dragon Age :P

Charlotte
04-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Elan was saying that the game resembles an MMO and those qualities make it amazing.
I'm pretty sure that's what he meant, that line acutally looks pretty intelligible to me.

Go for the PC version, jjjet - struggling with controls on a game like this is just not worth it... just look down at your keyboard for a second -

so... many... buttons...

oh, thank you for explained it for meh... ;-)

jango
04-29-2010, 11:05 PM

so... many... buttons...

aye .. there's also a lot of mods (obviously for the pc version) that have been made by the dao community that extend the gameplay even more

the ONLY disappointment for me about the game in general was that you can't play it in co-op mode .. that would be awesome .. other than that it's very very good

all this talk about dao makes me want to play it ... again!

Renzo
04-30-2010, 05:21 AM
i hope you make your way to irc sometime .. i LOVE dragon age & awakening :)

i remember being at that point in the game, and knowing that it's just gonna get better .. good times

I am really enjoying it, although my progress over the last month has been stalled in Orzammar. I had real trouble defeating the Queen Spider due to my poor party choice (3 warriors, and a mage) and now I'm a bit stuck on the...breast beast...thing. Should have brought a rogue!

jango
04-30-2010, 05:59 AM
I am really enjoying it, although my progress over the last month has been stalled in Orzammar. I had real trouble defeating the Queen Spider due to my poor party choice (3 warriors, and a mage) and now I'm a bit stuck on the...breast beast...thing. Should have brought a rogue!

Hehe aye .. it's true that life is a lot easier with a more balanced group. Orzammar is one of those quest hubs that seems to go for ever too, even before you get into the deep roads .. BUT .. it's well worth it for the adventure and the story for sure. If you're rly struggling you can always back out and reform your group them quick-jump to the last place you were .. not sure I'd take 3 warriors with abilities like arrow of slaying, and other aoe/pets at my disposal, but I guess you had your reasons. Generally my groups were 1x tank (warrior - either sword & shield or 2-hander with taunt), 2x mages (1 to heal, 1 to dps and offer crowd control), and generally a rogue (whatever the spec).

But hey, the game isn't designed to just have one way to do things, so why not try and mix it up hehe :)

Renzo
04-30-2010, 06:21 AM
I figured with the dark spawn there'd be a lot of hand to hand combat so I decided to take my strongest people! They may have somewhat low dexterity, but I guess if I give them bows they'll damage the beast eventually. Of course, that's without standing in the red stuff with the you-know-what's!

jango
04-30-2010, 07:01 AM
Of course, that's without standing in the red stuff with the you-know-what's!

lmao .. very true

DON'T STAND IN ZE FRIAR!!111

Renzo
04-30-2010, 09:03 AM
Anyhoo, I feel like having another go at it tonight. I'll of course let you know how I get on. That or never show my face again here in shame.:mask:

Update: got past the difficult boss after wandering all the way back to camp! Having someone that is good with a bow was a real help. I defeated the beat at 03:00 on Monday morning. *cough*

Raoul
11-15-2010, 02:58 AM
The PC version is much better and for me the graphics looks much better than it does on the consoles.

Illusive
07-26-2012, 09:01 AM
Definitely for PC. Played it on all consoles. Enjoyed it mostly on the PC. :D

The Dark Knight
08-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Go for PC, the mods you can install for Dragon Age are some of the best out there! :D

TheGateKeeper
08-29-2012, 01:20 PM
PC all the way for Dragon Age man, trust me. And make sure you play it with the lights turned off so you absorb all the goodness XD