PDA

View Full Version : Men in Black 3 in the works and will be 3D

thedeparted
04-22-2010, 01:03 AM
Remember when Will Smith movies used to be fun? I don't mean to insult the man, as he is certainly one of the coolest working in the film industry today, but it has been years since he put on that big goofy smile and fought the bad guys with a cocky attitude and a catchy rap song. Hancock wasn't even decent enough to give us a funny drunk, just a really pissed off one. Maybe Smith has acknowledged this too, which would explain his most recent move.

Showbiz 411 is reporting that Barry Sonnenfeld has gotten both Smith and Tommy Lee Jones to sign on for Men In Black 3, returning as Agents K and J. Sonnenfeld also confirmed, unsurprisingly, that the movie will be filmed in 3D, though a script has not yet been written.

There are few in this world that wouldn't want to see Will Smith fighting aliens again, but do we really want to see it in the construct of Men In Black? The second film was incredibly disappointing and not even in the same league as the original. Perhaps if they learn from their mistakes (Read: spending so much time with those ****ing worms), it could be successful, but, really, when has Hollywood ever done that?

cool. But damn Will Smith has a lot in development

Will Smith (I) (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000226/)

Independence Day 2/3
Hancock 2
Men in Black 3
Bad Boys 3
I Robot 2

and then the rest on that list. Has to be a couples years worth of stuff, unless a lot of those are really small roles for him

Shixx
04-22-2010, 02:51 AM
When was the last time he had a small Role though?

thedeparted
04-22-2010, 03:03 AM
When was the last time he had a small Role though?

nam? I just figure that because 28 things in dev is just insane to be all big roles

Muffincat
04-22-2010, 12:12 PM
whoa whoa whoa whoa he is working on a Flowers for Algernon movie?

I wonder if that will be any good o.o I used to read the book as a small girl...

youthism_is_me
04-22-2010, 12:28 PM
I robot was based on a book that had one installment . How are they maeking a sequal . THe first one was awfull .

LemonRising
04-22-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm pretty sure there are 3-5 clones of him running around, so he'll be able to handle the load no problem.

I'm actually.. willing to see this maybe. We'll see how it goes haha

thedeparted
04-22-2010, 10:25 PM
I robot was based on a book that had one installment . How are they maeking a sequal . THe first one was awfull .

It's hollywood, they'll just write up a screen play. And i disagree with your assessment on the first, the first was good.

LiNuX
04-22-2010, 11:48 PM
I like the idea of MIB3 but not the 3D part. I'd rather watch it in 2D if I watch it.

the first I Robot was great. Don't know why you thought it was awful. What did you think of the Hannah Montana movie then?

Kenoi
04-23-2010, 10:39 AM
what? irobot 2? independence day 2? hmm. thanks for sharing

Kink3bird
04-25-2010, 04:42 PM
what? irobot 2? independence day 2? hmm. thanks for sharing

Yea I don't understand this. I Robot really doesn't need a squeal and Independence day definably does not... ****ty economy = ****ty movies