PDA

View Full Version : River Monsters

thedeparted
04-25-2010, 10:10 PM
So I've caught episodes and tonight a new season started, gotta say I'm enjoying the show. The show is basically about a guy going after fish they are perceived as dangerous or not. And decides if there is legit danger or just unjust hysteria.

Tonight's episode was pretty crazy, it was about freshwater sting rays. According to the show they can get up to 1300, 16 feet long and 7 feet wide. Tonight never got that big though. The first attempt was pretty wild he got one latched on, and it started pulled the boat up the river! He finally got it reeled in and just as they were about to get a giant net around him the pole snapped and the fish got away. He ended up suffering a torn bicep.

The 2nd attempt was a success. I can't recall how long it was but it was 6 ft wide or something and 400 pounds. The real surprise is when a local scientist had him pull it into the shallows so she could extract poison the female gave birth to 2 sting rays.

So anyone watch this before?

Charlotte
04-26-2010, 01:11 AM
Well, for your information, I watch this program every episodes.
I know about the episode since I have seen it.
And I really love the first episode in ASIA (india) and the episode in BRAZIL about the piranha. A gruesome story told by the victim and the eye witnesses is really really great.
It's always be one my favorite program on Discovery Channel!

Kink3bird
04-26-2010, 11:49 PM
So I've caught episodes and tonight a new season started, gotta say I'm enjoying the show. The show is basically about a guy going after fish they are perceived as dangerous or not. And decides if there is legit danger or just unjust hysteria.

Tonight's episode was pretty crazy, it was about freshwater sting rays. According to the show they can get up to 1300, 16 feet long and 7 feet wide. Tonight never got that big though. The first attempt was pretty wild he got one latched on, and it started pulled the boat up the river! He finally got it reeled in and just as they were about to get a giant net around him the pole snapped and the fish got away. He ended up suffering a torn bicep.

The 2nd attempt was a success. I can't recall how long it was but it was 6 ft wide or something and 400 pounds. The real surprise is when a local scientist had him pull it into the shallows so she could extract poison the female gave birth to 2 sting rays.

So anyone watch this before?

Hahaha we must both be on the East Coast. I was watching the same marathon that night with my girl. Well I mean I came in and she was watching it and I was interested because it's not the bull**** Monster Quest, this guy actually goes out and catches these things. Will I ever see it again? I dunno but it deserves a lot of cred for being a genuine show about "monster" anythings.