PDA

View Full Version : Help Me grand thefft auto........by ursan 21

ursan21
04-27-2010, 10:59 AM
hy there ...i have a problem....why my gta 4 work only with 800x600 resolution????......my pc spec: 4gb RAM DDR2 video card : nVidia 9400 gt procesor:intel dual cure 3,0 Ghz.....please help:-)

Kink3bird
04-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Well GTA4 is known to have insanely high specs for the pc which is why it did so horribly compared to the 360 and the fact that it has a lot of bugs.

Processor: Dual core processor (Intel Pentium D or better)
RAM: 2GB
Hard Drive: 18GB free hard disk space
Video Card: 512MB Direct3D 10 compatible video card or Direct3D 9 card compatible with Shader
Drive: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive

You need 2560 x 1600 which is probably why it's suffering so much on your computer.

LiNuX
04-27-2010, 11:47 AM
What do you mean it only works on 800x600? Have you tried others? If yes, what happens when you try it?

Charlotte
04-27-2010, 05:28 PM
well, i think you have the problem with your game option.
just go to the game option, from there you can set up the screen resolution.
trust meh

Subb
04-27-2010, 05:56 PM
trust meh

well tbh elan with your track record here i find it hard to trust you. Trust is something you need to earn and u my friend have not.

Charlotte
04-27-2010, 05:58 PM
well tbh elan with your track record here i find it hard to trust you. Trust is something you need to earn and u my friend have not.

i know and i regret it.
but about the game resolution it's true though.
it can be fixed by going to the option menu and adjust the video and from there you can see resolution option/adjustment

ursan21
04-28-2010, 01:08 PM
well, i think you have the problem with your game option.
just go to the game option, from there you can set up the screen resolution.
trust meh

yes y tried changing the resolution but this just makes it more "jerky" i think this is the word ;-)

P.S. :sorry if my english is not correct:-P

LiNuX
04-28-2010, 01:30 PM
jerky as in choppy game play? or it doesn't open? or it's really slow?

jango
04-28-2010, 08:17 PM
i've run gta4 on a system similar to yours and not experienced the same issues - sadly the game isn't a very good port to pc which is where a lot of the leaks come from. However, here's what I did to tweak the game to make it run well enough to play (I should say that 'some' of this is from memory and old browser bookmarks) ..

- make sure your gfx drivers are up-to-date (this is something some ppl forget to do, but makes a big difference)
- the game itself is VERY cpu intensive, so shut down as many programs as you can before running gta4
- turn off the clip recorder in the game menu .. i remember a LOT of people saying it improved overall fps and 'choppiness'
- there's a bunch of stuff that can be done in the game itself to optimise things which tend to be largely about your individual pc .. if you haven't already checkout this site (http://support.rockstargames.com/?product=275,3,Grand+Theft+Auto+IV,PC,Rockstar_Gam es,gta4&submit=Submit)

ursan21
04-29-2010, 11:38 AM
thank you guys it worcks better now....;-);-);-);-)