PDA

View Full Version : You know you're addicted to Gamers-Forum when....

HamadaLFC8
04-30-2010, 06:14 AM
So when do you know? ;-)

jango
04-30-2010, 07:03 AM
.. when you register?

HamadaLFC8
04-30-2010, 07:15 AM
...you have GF in your Bookmarks

@ Jango... hahahaha

you guys get the idea right xD

Shixx
04-30-2010, 08:25 AM
..You go in the IRC

Charlotte
04-30-2010, 10:08 AM
yeh, when ya registered...

Dess
04-30-2010, 10:54 AM
Maybe the topic should be.. You know you're addicted to gamers forum when....

you might get the desired effect.

Diligence109
04-30-2010, 11:03 AM
...you catch yourself mentioning your "friends" with people IRL when referring to people you have met on the forum

...you look forward to getting back to your computer so you can check the forum

...you check the forum before you check your email, facebook, etc.

...you don't check your email every time you get on the internet but you DO check the forum

...you don't have a facebook because the forum satisfies your social networking needs

...you make plans for your night to play poker online for GFP with a bunch of people you've only met online

hehe I'll try to think of more later

Subb
04-30-2010, 11:03 AM
when u get the confirmation email?

HamadaLFC8
04-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Maybe the topic should be.. You know you're addicted to gamers forum when....

Very true.. can someone edit ? ^_^

Subb
04-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Very true.. can someone edit ? ^_^

There u go all set buddy.

HamadaLFC8
04-30-2010, 12:49 PM

Thank you :D

...you find news about a game and immediately share it with the GF community

jango
04-30-2010, 01:01 PM
.. you read everything, even in the spammer's corner

thedeparted
04-30-2010, 01:47 PM
My 2 are...

you know your addicted when you hate on it and complain about and yet still are around 3 years. I personally blame Linux for drugging me though

And secondly is you know you are addicted when you have multiple tabs open

Muffincat
04-30-2010, 03:20 PM
...you catch yourself mentioning your "friends" with people IRL when referring to people you have met on the forum

this...this is totally normal >_>

anyway:

.....you get up in the morning and check the unread posts before doing anything else, even when you have somewhere to be and should be getting ready *cough*

HamadaLFC8
04-30-2010, 04:09 PM
...you leave your computer, close all tabs except for GF

Subb
04-30-2010, 04:27 PM
hmm stay up till 6am or later on irc and the forum...

LiNuX
04-30-2010, 05:24 PM
when you go crazy if the server/site goes down. (mostly me)

when you're willing to donate to help pay for server bills.

when you create multiple accounts to impress everyone with the GFP you received from your referrals.

and finally...

when you open a thread like this :D

Subb
04-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Linux, your third reason made me laugh soooo hard. U totally just made my day. Thank u soo much. +rep

Dess
04-30-2010, 08:58 PM

AND.. I'm awesome.

Annnnddd... I know I'm addicted to GF.. cause it's bookmarked on my iPhone, and I take frequent bathroom breaks at work to check for new posts....lol.

Jaykub
04-30-2010, 09:18 PM
#1 most visited in the last year on chrome

Charlotte
04-30-2010, 10:22 PM
when you go crazy if the server/site goes down. (mostly me)

when you're willing to donate to help pay for server bills.

when you create multiple accounts to impress everyone with the GFP you received from your referrals.

and finally...

when you open a thread like this :D

I believe that would be meh...
the third part

Subb
04-30-2010, 10:55 PM
elan maybe it is, or maybe its not. You my friend have on quilty conscience.

LemonRising
05-04-2010, 02:29 PM
WHEN YOU'RE DRINKIN AT A PARTY AND YOU MANAGE TO COME ON BEFORE YOU PASS OUT AND SAY HELLO TO IRC PEOPLE

hasn't happened much lately loll

jango
05-04-2010, 02:32 PM
WHEN YOU'RE DRINKIN AT A PARTY AND YOU MANAGE TO COME ON BEFORE YOU PASS OUT AND SAY HELLO TO IRC PEOPLE

lmao nice

another from me .. when you know who all of rai's nicknames for ppl refer to ..

RaiDae
05-04-2010, 03:23 PM
when you know who all of rai's nicknames for ppl refer to ..

XD

...you get withdrawl symptons after not being on for three days and start dreaming of IRC chats and random posts....
...you imagine meeting up with the forum in a random island in the middle of nowehere

HamadaLFC8
05-04-2010, 03:50 PM
XD

...you get withdrawl symptons after not being on for three days and start dreaming of IRC chats and random posts....
...you imagine meeting up with the forum in a random island in the middle of nowehere

that's some heavy addiction right there ! THUMBS UP! haha

Dess
05-04-2010, 05:15 PM
XD

I keep telling you guys.. I can get a cabin in the middle of the woods... lol... It'd be a week long GF party

Subb
05-05-2010, 01:46 AM
Ok so now that i have the time i figured id share my little story with u, that ive told in irc the other day. Which muffincat said i needed to add to this thread. So here it goes attempt number 2. ( i wrote this once and my brower refreshed and i lost it, the first intro was alot better to btw)

So as many of u prolly know my nickname on the forum and irc is SUB. So i was down at cumberland farms the other day getting some junk food n ****, preparing for a long day/nite of gaming. Well i started talkin to this pretty sweet looking chick and when i say sweet i mean shed prolly be rather sweet if ya know what i mean. But pretty as hell of course, nice tan real white teeth clean sneakers that looked brand new. Very well dressed. The whole 9 yards, this is the girl u bring home to mommy n daddy and wear a big smile on your face cause your proud of urself and u know your fathers drooling. So we talked a bit and to cut to the chase she asked me my name. I reply with SUB. Some on asks me what my name is and the first thing that flys out my mouth is SUB not even my real name.

NOW THATS WHEN U KNOW YOU ARE ADDICTED TO GAMERS-FORUM!!! (or just an idiot)

So i did end up telling her my real name after being a bit embarassed of course and had to explain the deal behind SUB and all. But when we parted ways she say to me see ya later SUB take care and i walked away facepalming. So there ya have it my story of fail.

jango
05-05-2010, 01:52 AM
pure class sub .. sad, but class fail

HamadaLFC8
05-05-2010, 08:09 AM
hahaha omg that's just pure awesomeness right there!!! I'm sure all of GF is very proud of you! =) So did anything happen after that or no ?

you know you're addicted to Gamers-Forum when... you feel that something is missing because you haven't checked the forum in 3 hours

Subb
05-05-2010, 08:38 AM

very nice lemon, however im so addicted i dont go out drinking neone, i just make irc my party and get drunk by myself. Oh wait hmm so am i addicted to booze or gamers-forum.....i forget what i was talkin about now *scratches head* im going to have to visit the wat are u thinking thread now.

obviously this is a joke .........i think?

Dess
05-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Ok so now that i have the time i figured id share my little story with u, that ive told in irc the other day. Which muffincat said i needed to add to this thread. So here it goes attempt number 2. ( i wrote this once and my brower refreshed and i lost it, the first intro was alot better to btw)

So as many of u prolly know my nickname on the forum and irc is SUB. So i was down at cumberland farms the other day getting some junk food n ****, preparing for a long day/nite of gaming. Well i started talkin to this pretty sweet looking chick and when i say sweet i mean shed prolly be rather sweet if ya know what i mean. But pretty as hell of course, nice tan real white teeth clean sneakers that looked brand new. Very well dressed. The whole 9 yards, this is the girl u bring home to mommy n daddy and wear a big smile on your face cause your proud of urself and u know your fathers drooling. So we talked a bit and to cut to the chase she asked me my name. I reply with SUB. Some on asks me what my name is and the first thing that flys out my mouth is SUB not even my real name.

So i did end up telling her my real name after being a bit embarassed of course and had to explain the deal behind SUB and all. But when we parted ways she say to me see ya later SUB take care and i walked away facepalming. So there ya have it my story of fail.

It's ok subby. I've started answering to Damage in real life too... It's gotten so bad when T can't get my attention after saying my real name, just calls me Damage...lol.

Muffincat
05-05-2010, 02:17 PM

This is my favorite story ever XD

Jjjet1
05-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Sub that's epic! XD

So what ever happened with said lady? :o

Subb
05-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Nothing really i didnt wanna come off to strong after my epic failure...but ill talk to her again today when i go down to the store.

@muffin - im really glad u like my story. Remember muffin how we talked about writing a book about my life together, this is so gunna go in there. I had to explain her beauty and stuff so it would make my failure look a bit better and not so boring by keeping the details about her out of it.

LemonRising
05-05-2010, 02:39 PM
lmfao! Oh subb
She might've been impressed if she were a gamer? Lol

Subb
05-05-2010, 02:56 PM
lmfao! Oh subb
She might've been impressed if she were a gamer? Lol

Lemon when this happend i thought about you. Do u remember the talk we had when i said u can call me by my first name and u said know your sub. Then i went into this crazy conversation with you, haha. I dont think shes a gamer doesnt seem like that type of person thendo again ya never know. Cause look at you, sexy as all hell with ur big beautiful eyes big um... lets not go there. So yeah looks can throw u a curve ball. You are living proof along with a few others on the forum that i know that prove there are hott as hell female gamers out there and not all girl gamers are these dude lookin chicks. So i say this for the BOYS gamers-forum does pretty damn well with pulling in the hott female gamers. It seems like they all flock to here. I think its the word of jangos sexy mojo thats goin around on the interwebs.

LemonRising
05-07-2010, 12:13 PM
LMFAO oh subb you're too sweet.

LOL I REMEMBER THAT I always call my internet friends by their internet names <:
YOU'LL FOREVER BE, SUBB THE IMPALER.
Wait.. wrong title..

jango
05-07-2010, 12:16 PM
subby redefines GF addiction .. awesome lol .. so much win and fail all at once :)

youthism_is_me
05-07-2010, 12:22 PM
when you log on more then once,

Kink3bird
05-07-2010, 01:49 PM

Lol yea your right, just like coke you can't just do one line you gotta keep going back for more. Logging on, checking the new posts, the new polls, how much GFP you have, when you wanna see the little Wario at the bottom of your screen it serves the cravings.

LiNuX
05-07-2010, 02:08 PM

well...I'd say when you never log out...

Diligence109
05-07-2010, 05:17 PM
...when it's the weekend before your finals and you're posting on the forum instead of studying. >.<

NOT THAT I WRITE AUTO-BIOGRAPHICALLY OR ANYTHING WUT

thedeparted
05-07-2010, 06:05 PM

:laugh:...brutal, f-ing brutal.

LemonRising
05-07-2010, 11:55 PM
You know when You're addicted to Gamers-forum whennnn....

You go " DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD : " when you're logged out and you try to log in as fast as you can.

RaiDae
05-08-2010, 06:02 PM
...you've got a headache, it's late and you're grumpy and in need of bed, but decide to talk to people on irc and read the new posts.... You guys will be the death of me

Dess
05-08-2010, 06:06 PM
...you've got a headache, it's late and you're grumpy and in need of bed, but decide to talk to people on irc and read the new posts.... You guys will be the death of me

But we all <3 you Rai!!! *hug*

When you talk to GF people more than you talk to irl people...

Subb
05-08-2010, 06:37 PM
I still facepalm when i think of mine..

Rai you are my buddy we all love talkin to you.

Diligence109
05-11-2010, 12:11 PM
When you talk to GF people more than you talk to irl people...

goodness... now that's impressive o.o

...when you have your computer open and are talking to people in the IRC while you are struggling to also talk to people IRL