PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have ichat

Endgameko
05-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Does anybody have ichat on the mac, cus I am dying to use it and i don't know anybody else with it. The need to know commands me with disfunction and awkward twitching!

.......such twitching

Morticia
05-06-2010, 04:21 PM
I had a mac (not by choice!) for a few years... And the bane of my existence was iChat.
What a worthless program. I think they make a mac version of trillian, which you are much better of with. I think most of the problems in my life to this day are somehow linked to iChat.

Endgameko
05-06-2010, 04:51 PM
I had a mac (not by choice!) for a few years... And the bane of my existence was iChat.
What a worthless program. I think they make a mac version of trillian, which you are much better of with. I think most of the problems in my life to this day are somehow linked to iChat.

Well I never wanted a mac, but I got eventually after years of them persuaded into one. And it doesnt handle the internet well.

Morticia
05-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Well I never wanted a mac, but I got eventually after years of them persuaded into one. And it doesnt handle the internet well.

I think the only thing mac handle well is being turned off. Haha

Endgameko
05-06-2010, 05:22 PM
well they do turn off well lmao, unless you use the ones at my university, and they take forever then come back on again!

Morticia
05-06-2010, 05:28 PM
well they do turn off well lmao, unless you use the ones at my university, and they take forever then come back on again!

The only good thing that came out of macs is iMovie and the Angry Birds app on the iPhone/iPod.

Seriously.

jango
05-06-2010, 05:35 PM
not sure if this helps, but a friend of mine once raved for bloomin hours about adiumx (Adium - Download (http://adiumx.com/)) over a beer .. before he became aware that he was alone and we'd left about two hours earlier through sheer boredem .. might be worth a look

Endgameko
05-06-2010, 05:38 PM
not sure if this helps, but a friend of mine once raved for bloomin hours about adiumx (Adium - Download (http://adiumx.com/)) over a beer .. before he became aware that he was alone and we'd left about two hours earlier through sheer boredem .. might be worth a look

Thankyou I will check it out though it appears atm, mac is spazzing over all chat, its like, omg, give me a beer, well were out of beer........
:mask:
what?
....bragjjjhhhhhhhAAAAAA

jango
05-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Thankyou I will check it out though it appears atm, mac is spazzing over all chat, its like, omg, give me a beer, well were out of beer........
:mask:
what?
....bragjjjhhhhhhhAAAAAA

lmao .. well, good luck!

if all else fails the beer idea sounds an ideal solution :P

Subb
05-06-2010, 06:26 PM
endgameko get trillian as morticia suggested, then u can come on irc with us and have a grand ole time. just watch out for Jacob if u do he likes to have his story time!

Kink3bird
05-07-2010, 01:39 PM
You shoulda made a poll lol

Subb
05-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Yes kink u are correct, the poll is the answer to all your life questions

Kink3bird
05-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Not mine dude but their starting to out populate us and I'm getting paranoid.

Endgameko
05-07-2010, 02:56 PM
got trillian today woooot

Subb
05-07-2010, 03:02 PM
got trillian today woooot

add muhhh!!!

Diligence109
05-07-2010, 05:07 PM
I use Adium right now, and saw that Trillian let out an alpha version for Mac... I've been patiently waiting for some time for Trillian to get around to making a Mac version of their client! I'll have to download it and try it myself soon :)

Adium wont cover you for video chat and its Facebook chat feature is rather buggy - it logs you out rather frequently from Facebook because it times out and relogs over and over... I've never had that problem with Facebook chat in the windows version of Trillian, however.

Trillian also has IRC support... something Adium is also missing. Other than that, Adium has been great. Trillian, assuming it doesn't have serious bugs in its alpha stage, will be better.

I dust off iChat every now and then when someone wants to video chat and doesn't have skype... OR if I want to do a multipule user video conference - I haven't found a program yet besides iChat that boasts that capability, anyone know of one?